WE GET ICS -samsung!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search This thread

ChadBFlores

Sep 2, 2011
Orange County, CA
This is why I thought it seemed computerish.
lol they always do that because if you there hasn't been any talking within 2 minutes the system automatically closes the chat regardless if someone is typing or they are checking with a supervisor, that's why they apologize every so often if it takes they are taking a while. ...or maybe my hope has blinded me lol

sublimespot

Jan 30, 2011
Akron OH
Nice researching, makes me want to blow up their support line with similar questions to see what answer I get

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium

eollie

Mar 30, 2011
Nice researching, makes me want to blow up their support line with similar questions to see what answer I get

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium

I wouldnt blow it up. But I have a feeling a very similar response will be given. Its definitely copy pasted from a script.

Racing19969

Aug 11, 2011
Columbus
www.cell-dr.com
PULLED THIS ONLINE:
Bad news for the 20 million Samsung Galaxy S owners out there: Samsung just announced that it will not provide an update to Google Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) for any of these phones, which include the Galaxy S, the Galaxy S 4G, the Captivate, and the Vibrant, among others.
Samsung's official line is that the Galaxy S—which is actually less than 18 months old—doesn't have sufficient RAM or ROM to run the new operating system along with Samsung's TouchWiz user interface overlay, The Verge reports. Samsung also said that the Galaxy Tab won't receive an Ice Cream Sandwich update either.
Note that the Galaxy S's 1-GHz Cortex A8 processor and accompanying RAM would be just fine for Ice Cream Sandwich, given that several newer handsets with similar hardware like the Samsung Nexus S qualify for the upgrade, and that LG recently announced it's providing ICS for its 600 MHz Optimus line in a future update.
While the original Galaxy S wouldn't have qualified for Samsung's pledge to the Google Android Update Alliance this past May, it does underscore just how important that pledge was—which makes it all the more discouraging that the company danced around our question about Ice Cream Sandwich upgrades for several recent Samsung models, and if not, how the company would reconcile that with the pledge it made just seven months ago.
The other day, Samsung confirmed its Galaxy S II lineup will receive Ice Cream Sandwich.
For more, see PCMag's full review of Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and the slideshow below.

Fluidification

Feb 26, 2011
actually that is from January or late December I believe. maybe they responded to the many petitions.

IDK. AOSP ICS is better than touchwICS

Reactions: xmaster1736

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    so i know i said i wouldnt develop for the sgs4g anymore but sence i still have the device the temptation to not cough make stuff for you all is ummm well HARD LOL..

Expect presents soon :p
    its kinda slow but all functions work need to get with bryan but i built you all a aosp ics :p I never said i was going to stay around lol but at least u can haves some ics :p

yes its bult from google source :p
    Ok so for all of you who are feeling the same love/hate relationship with Samsung I am I can announce that it is time to start lovin again cause, I was talking to a samsung rep about why the I9000 gets the value pack and all other Galaxy S (origionals ) don't she disclosed the following to me!!
    EDIT- No April fools
    -

"
    Samantha : I understand that you want to know information about Ice Cream Sandwich update for your device. Is that correct?
    Chad: Yes
    Samantha : Thank you.
    Samantha : I will be glad to assist you.
    Samantha : I am sorry to inform you that, as of now android 4.0(Ice Cream Sandwich) is not yet released for your device but please be assured that is planned for your device. I regret as of now there are no release dates available.
    Chad: Ok thank you very, would you mind checking that with a supervisor, and if the galaxy s 4g is planning to get the full Ice cream sandwich or the value pack?
    Samantha : I don't mean to rush you, but I haven't had a response from you. Are we still connected in this chat?
    Chad: yes
    Samantha : Sure, I will check with our Supervisor also.
    Chad: thank you
    Samantha : You're welcome.
    Samantha : Thank you for waiting.
    Chad: your welcome
    Samantha : Yes, it is going to be released in future. As of now, we do not have information about release dates.
    Chad: the full ice cream sandwich (same that the galaxy s 2 gets) or a value pack that comes with limited features?
    Samantha : I am sorry, as of now the update is not released , we do not have any information about Ice Cream Sandwich update.
    Samantha : Once the update is released it will be posted in our Samsung Website or you will be informed by your Service Provider.
    Chad: ok thank you!
    Samantha : You're welcome.
    Samantha : Is there anything else that I can assist you with?
    Chad: can I get any type of identification to reference this conversation if it comes up in the future with a Samsung representative?
    Samantha : Sure, you can save chat ID for future reference.
    Samantha : The Chat ID is LTK5640875087X. "
    Samsung has been about as committed as Mitt Romney to a single position when discussing their Update plans. Given the SGS2 just got yet another delay from what I am reading, I will believe it when I see it.

I personally can't even pay my bill toT-mobile these days but let me say what our development refrain from saying - give them thanks....and then money.

I will eventually go on ICS hunger strike and get part of the food budget to our boys but until then they have only my thanks.

They seem to be the only group who does what they say they're going to do around here. Its not quick or easy, and they work hard.

If you're broke you can also take up the mission I have. Learn enough about Dev to efficiently test their releases and provide experience and info they can use yo make their jobs easier.

They deserve all praise and thanks lauded on them but sitting around wondering if they will stay or go, come back or move on, and doing nothing to further ourselves as a group pushes us one step further to the tech graveyard.

Our phones, our ROMs, our community.
    It only dies when we communally let it happen, standing around watching.and mourning.

Thanks to everyone who chipped iin, continues to chip in, and those who support them. =D
    I want a pony.

Ooooo, I also want an Umpa-Lumpa!

2e103e7c95e85a6395bf45e5dbfe946e.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRTkCHE1sS4