Jul 12, 2010
EOI4K.png

cCQcr.png
j4dSD.png
Fgify.png
ehmlA.png

Google Play Store (Android Market) v3.5.16
Requirements: Android v2.2+
Overview: Play Anywhere, All your entertainment in one place, Google Play is your one-stop shop for all your favorite entertainment.

ChangeLog:

- Play Store has becomes lot more faster than 3.5.15,
- Frequent force close errors for the users of Froyo 2.2 has been addressed,
- Works faster even on Slower data speeds,
- Slight UI changes in “My Apps” section
----You now have the Installed and All tabs you can swipe between. The former one is what we used to have before - it lists all apps installed on your device. The latter lists all apps you've ever installed in case you want to download them again or travel down the memory lane. This is quite handy, and I've seen this list before in the Play Store on the web, so it's great to get it here in the mobile app.
----The All tab contains a handy dropdown with all your accounts (if you added more than one) and lets you switch between them very easily (as opposed to clicking Menu, etc).
----A few of the stock apps that apparently never got linked to the Play Store before got identified and picked up this time, and updates.

DISCLAIMER​
:

Proceed with caution and at your own risk. I am no way to be held responsible for any loss of data or any damage to your phone as a result of you using this mod.

Using this Mod:
- You cannot download/buy apps that are not available in your country. You can only view them in Google Play Store.
- You cannot download Paid apps for free.

NB: Google has control on the server side, therefore it is NOT possible to make a version that allows you to buy/download apps that are not available in your country.

Mod version features:
- Unlimited access to apps in Google Play Store
- Removed countries restriction in Google Play Store
- Fixed the issue which your device is not compatible with this item in Google Play Store

You can only replace the current market apk for the original non-modded version.
You will require ROOT if you want to install the Modded version!

Installation Guide

For non-modded version:

1) Download the apk from the links
2) Put the apk on the phone ,don't use adb install *.apk in won't work it will say it already exists
3) Open the apk from the phone using a File explorer (e.g. ES File Explorer/Root explorer)
4) it will ask you if you want to replace the current market,press yes.
5) Wait for install and voila you have the new market :)

NOTE:this method replaces the old market.

For Modded version:

1) ROOT is REQUIRED! If you haven't rooted you phone then shoot yourself already!
2) You will need to Download 'Root Explorer' and mount as 'R/W' or any file browser that can access /root folder if you don't already have it installed.
3) Go to '/system/app/' and backup the 'Vending.apk' (Gingerbread) or 'Phonesky.apk' (ICS) to your SD Card (leave the Vending.odex untouched!).
4) Check if you have either 'Vending.apk' or 'Phonesky.apk' and delete it.
5) Now, Move the modded apk that you have downloaded to '/system/app/' and rename it the same as your backup version.
6) Change the Permission to 'rw-r--r--'
7) NOW, Reboot your phone!
8) Finito!

Troubleshoot:
If you have download problem after Installing new market do this

" Connect your phone to your computer,
set in usb mass storage mode. Look for
a hidden folder called ".android_ secure"
and then delete the file
"smdl2tmp1 .asec". Unmount and you
should be good to go."

(Credit: androidadvices.com @Changelog

Mirrors:

Google Play Store v3.5.16
http://www.mediafire.com/?t7bvus8qwee826a

Google Play Store v3.5.16 MOD
http://www.mediafire.com/?n3bjcxpnbn6ssxm

Attachments

• Vending-3.5.16.apk
    3.8 MB · Views: 90,360
  • Vending-3.5.16-mod.apk
    3.8 MB · Views: 116,445
Last edited:

G-A

Jul 23, 2011
----You now have the Installed and All tabs you can swipe between. The former one is what we used to have before - it lists all apps installed on your device. The latter lists all apps you've ever installed in case you want to download them again or travel down the memory lane. This is quite handy, and I've seen this list before in the Play Store on the web, so it's great to get it here in the mobile app.
----The All tab contains a handy dropdown with all your accounts (if you added more than one) and lets you switch between them very easily (as opposed to clicking Menu, etc).

It's already on v3.5.15

belphegore

Jul 18, 2011
@protetul: don't try to install it, download the version that xinfinityoO posted and place it in /system/app, change the permissions and reboot, it should work. I use the latest nightly of CM9 and it works great.

Last edited:

Deeco7

Jul 12, 2010

chowlala

Jul 24, 2009
Not working on CM7 on my Galaxy S2.

Deleted the system/app/ and tried installing, no go.

Deleted the data/app/ one and tried installing, still no go.

Copied it into data/app/ also still no go.

And yes, I rebooted every time I made any changes such as deleting, etc.

unnamedname

Dec 23, 2011
Cleared cache and force disable old Google Play apk... Then try to install the MOD version and says "Application not installed
An existing package by the same name with a conflicting signature is already installed. "

Galaxy S2, Lite'ning ROM (ICS LPS, Siyah kernel)

Deeco7

Jul 12, 2010
Not working on CM7 on my Galaxy S2.

Deleted the system/app/ and tried installing, no go.

Deleted the data/app/ one and tried installing, still no go.

Copied it into data/app/ also still no go.

And yes, I rebooted every time I made any changes such as deleting, etc.

Try this:

1) Be sure, your phone is rooted properly
2) Download Root Explorer if you don't have it installed
3)Go to /system/app/ and delete the Vending.apk (Phonesky.apk for ICS 4.x.x) (leave the Vending.odex untouched!). Make sure you have an backup your old Vending.apk (Phonesky.apk for ICS 4.x.x) to your SDCard as well.
4) Install the downloaded Vending.apk (rename it to Phonesky.apk if you have ICS 4.x.x)
5) Reboot your phone
6) Start Play Store and grant the access. You'll be asked to do so
7) Enjoy!

Reactions: hermanchb

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EOI4K.png

cCQcr.png
    j4dSD.png
    Fgify.png
    ehmlA.png

Google Play Store (Android Market) v3.5.16
    Requirements: Android v2.2+
    Overview: Play Anywhere, All your entertainment in one place, Google Play is your one-stop shop for all your favorite entertainment.

ChangeLog:

- Play Store has becomes lot more faster than 3.5.15,
    - Frequent force close errors for the users of Froyo 2.2 has been addressed,
    - Works faster even on Slower data speeds,
    ----A few of the stock apps that apparently never got linked to the Play Store before got identified and picked up this time, and updates.

DISCLAIMER​
    :

Proceed with caution and at your own risk. I am no way to be held responsible for any loss of data or any damage to your phone as a result of you using this mod.

Using this Mod:
    - You cannot download/buy apps that are not available in your country. You can only view them in Google Play Store.
    - You cannot download Paid apps for free.

NB: Google has control on the server side, therefore it is NOT possible to make a version that allows you to buy/download apps that are not available in your country.

Mod version features:
    - Unlimited access to apps in Google Play Store
    - Removed countries restriction in Google Play Store
    - Fixed the issue which your device is not compatible with this item in Google Play Store

You can only replace the current market apk for the original non-modded version.
    You will require ROOT if you want to install the Modded version!

Installation Guide

For non-modded version:

1) Download the apk from the links
    2) Put the apk on the phone ,don't use adb install *.apk in won't work it will say it already exists
    3) Open the apk from the phone using a File explorer (e.g. ES File Explorer/Root explorer)
    4) it will ask you if you want to replace the current market,press yes.
    5) Wait for install and voila you have the new market :)

NOTE:this method replaces the old market.

For Modded version:

1) ROOT is REQUIRED! If you haven't rooted you phone then shoot yourself already!
    2) You will need to Download 'Root Explorer' and mount as 'R/W' or any file browser that can access /root folder if you don't already have it installed.
    3) Go to '/system/app/' and backup the 'Vending.apk' (Gingerbread) or 'Phonesky.apk' (ICS) to your SD Card (leave the Vending.odex untouched!).
    4) Check if you have either 'Vending.apk' or 'Phonesky.apk' and delete it.
    5) Now, Move the modded apk that you have downloaded to '/system/app/' and rename it the same as your backup version.
    6) Change the Permission to 'rw-r--r--'
    7) NOW, Reboot your phone!
    8) Finito!

Troubleshoot:
    If you have download problem after Installing new market do this

" Connect your phone to your computer,
    set in usb mass storage mode. Look for
    a hidden folder called ".android_ secure"
    and then delete the file
    "smdl2tmp1 .asec". Unmount and you
    should be good to go."

(Credit: androidadvices.com @Changelog

Mirrors:

Google Play Store v3.5.16
    http://www.mediafire.com/?t7bvus8qwee826a

Google Play Store v3.5.16 MOD
    http://www.mediafire.com/?n3bjcxpnbn6ssxm
    Modded version to allow all apps and country and device restriction removed

http://rapidgator.net/file/2202601/Vending.apk.html
    Modded version to allow all apps and country and device restriction removed

Thanks, works for me on CM9. I unistalled the old market with titanium backup after a nandroid backup and placed vending.apk it in /system/apps, reboot and finished :)

It's already on v3.5.15
    @protetul: don't try to install it, download the version that xinfinityoO posted and place it in /system/app, change the permissions and reboot, it should work. I use the latest nightly of CM9 and it works great.