Post Reply Email Thread
5th April 2012, 06:40 AM |#10221  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 768

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr2i4ve

Dude, settle down internet badass...

Your ROM is running with no problems? Great. If someone else is having problems, that doesn't mean they're flashing their phone wrong. Every phone has a different environment and variables. Changing one little built in setting on the phone could give someone a problem with another feature down the road.

Dude the one that needs to chill out is you.. no one trying to be a "internet bad ass" I'm just saying that instead just blaming the developer for errors people should just look around for solutions and not flame the thread... I'm sorry but I disagree with you on " Every phone has a different environment and variables." If that was to be the case about half of the people flashing a custom rom would brick.. don't get butt hurt and start crying now... its all good bro we are a community and were all here to help each other...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

5th April 2012, 06:40 AM |#10222  
Thanks Meter: 419

More
I flashed it EXACTLY as I flash any other rom.

reboot to recovery. select install from sd card select the rom click go.

uprading from 2.8 to 3.0 nothing else special needs to be done.

once that is done I run the bare rom converter (modded to leave golauncher)

done. exactly as per instructions. VERY unstable. the VERY FIRST time a calukin rom was unstable for me. previous to 3.0 his roms have been 100% ROCK SOLID awesome.

OK figured maybe something did not go right or maybe something I installed is incompatible with some change in 3.0

SO I reboot into recovery again this time I go all in I run the format all.

then run the install and do NOT run bare rom converter just format all and 3.0

same instability.

I run the same process again this time install NO third party apps save whats included with the rom.

Still unstable.

I reboot into recovery. format all install 2.8

Rock Solid Stable. zero issues at all.

to me this means "something" was hinky with 3.0 for some reason. not saying its calukin that screwed up (afterall this is a rom HE RUNS on his own phone so clearly it works for him)

but what more can I do after multiple format alls using his own utilities? not sure.

no big deal for me. I go back to 2.8 (no special reason its just the last one I had installed) and will wait for the next revision and see if that takes care of the glitches.

3.0 was the FIRST time I had GPS issues. at first gps was solid no issues instant lock. after about 12 hours it just got worse and worse till the next day when it REFUSE flat out to get a lock. it would see a "single" sat and not strong enough to lock.

I thought maybe it was the new FC24 modem so I flashed back to the previous modem NO effect.

when I flashed back to 2.8 (with fc 24) instant lock zero issues. its been days still zero issues on 2.8.

again. no big deal. for "whatever" reason 3.0 does not jive with my hardware. will just wait for the next one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3g3nd.k1ll4h

I really don't understand all the people that have nothing but bad feedback for this ROM... People there is nothing wrong with 3.0. On the contrerary it is smooth and fast as fu**... if you guys are experiencing lags, errors, crashes, etc. Then YOU guys are doing something wrong... either you guys are not wiping something or just fu**ing up one way or another... if YOU guys don't know how to flash properly go to YouTube search for QBKING77 and check out his videos.. he shows ALOT of tutorials... and if that doesn't help then get the fu** out of deving your android phone and go get an iPhone you should fit right in... guys but seriously Calks is one of the best devs here in the E4GT forum.. instead of crying like pussys try to figure out what went wrong.. BTW I highly recommend fresh installs for all roms and PLEASE if your one of those people that just blame the devs for your own mistakes then please stop being lazy and create your own ROM I'm pretty sure yours should rock.. hahahaha....

5th April 2012, 06:53 AM |#10223  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 768

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys71

I flashed it EXACTLY as I flash any other rom.

reboot to recovery. select install from sd card select the rom click go.

uprading from 2.8 to 3.0 nothing else special needs to be done.

once that is done I run the bare rom converter (modded to leave golauncher)

done. exactly as per instructions. VERY unstable. the VERY FIRST time a calukin rom was unstable for me. previous to 3.0 his roms have been 100% ROCK SOLID awesome.

OK figured maybe something did not go right or maybe something I installed is incompatible with some change in 3.0

SO I reboot into recovery again this time I go all in I run the format all.

then run the install and do NOT run bare rom converter just format all and 3.0

same instability.

I run the same process again this time install NO third party apps save whats included with the rom.

Still unstable.

I reboot into recovery. format all install 2.8

Rock Solid Stable. zero issues at all.

to me this means "something" was hinky with 3.0 for some reason. not saying its calukin that screwed up (afterall this is a rom HE RUNS on his own phone so clearly it works for him)

but what more can I do after multiple format alls using his own utilities? not sure.

no big deal for me. I go back to 2.8 (no special reason its just the last one I had installed) and will wait for the next revision and see if that takes care of the glitches.

3.0 was the FIRST time I had GPS issues. at first gps was solid no issues instant lock. after about 12 hours it just got worse and worse till the next day when it REFUSE flat out to get a lock. it would see a "single" sat and not strong enough to lock.

I thought maybe it was the new FC24 modem so I flashed back to the previous modem NO effect.

when I flashed back to 2.8 (with fc 24) instant lock zero issues. its been days still zero issues on 2.8.

again. no big deal. for "whatever" reason 3.0 does not jive with my hardware. will just wait for the next one.

What you can try doing is doing a fresh install.. that's what I do just to ensure the rom I'm flashing works fine..

*Unroot By Odin Stock EL29
*After It Finishes Let It Boot Up Then Go To Your Stock Recovery & Wipe Data/Factory Reset & Cache
*Boot Up
*Odin Rooted EL29
*Flash Recovery
*Boot Up Your Phone & Set It Up & Lock Your GPS
*Make Sure You Have -Calks Format All - Calls 3.0.
*Boot Up To Recovery
*Go To Mounts & Storage & Format System-Data-Cache (All 3)
*Then Wipe Data-Cache-Dalvik Cache.
*Flash Calks Format All
*Flash rom..
* Boot It Up
* Leave It Alone For 5 Minutes Then Reboot
* Then Just Set It Up..

Now that's what I do and I never have issues feel free to try it I know its a long process but I've never had issues this way and trust me I've flashed all the roms in the thread.. or stuck to 2.8 your choice bro

5th April 2012, 08:44 AM |#10224  
Flag Eagle Mountain
Thanks Meter: 41

Donate to Me
More
Anybody else experiencing their Play Store switching back to the old Market?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
5th April 2012, 12:47 PM |#10225  
Recognized Contributor
TampaBay
Thanks Meter: 36,451

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by l3g3nd.k1ll4h

I really don't understand all the people that have nothing but bad feedback for this ROM...

(SORRY, THE REST OF THE QUOTE HAS BEEN EDITED FOR CONTENT AND FOR THE INHUMAN TREATMENT OF AN E4GT)

I must have wandered into the wrong thread. I could have sworn I was in the development thread where all problems small and large were respectfully answered to create a better product for the enjoyment of others.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tdunham For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tdunham Ad-Free
5th April 2012, 12:55 PM |#10226  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I decided to flash again went from 2.8 to 3.0 no wipe .. works perfectly so far but I'm only at 94% battery life. I am definitely not seeing the lag that I had last time I flashed this rom. Super happy with it now. GPS locked no problem inside ad well!! Thanks Calk!

5th April 2012, 01:06 PM |#10227  
Recognized Contributor
TampaBay

Donate to Me
More
Moved this off topic to Q & A.
5th April 2012, 02:08 PM |#10228  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
i flashed this 3.0 and since then its been amazing. no issues battery life for me is great. great work
5th April 2012, 02:13 PM |#10229  
Flag Oklahoma
Thanks Meter: 288

More
I had to move Blazer ROM's MMS.apk to /system/apps to get lower compression and better picture messages. Anyone else seeing small MMS file sizes?
5th April 2012, 02:26 PM |#10230  
Recognized Contributor
TampaBay

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nibrwr

I had to move Blazer ROM's MMS.apk to /system/apps to get lower compression and better picture messages. Anyone else seeing small MMS file sizes?

I only do an occasional MMS so enlighten me to what you've observed because I've never seen any issues. Well, other than the normal picture resizing if I try to send a photo through MMS because they are pretty large files.
For instance, I sent myself a picture and it was showing 558kb outgoing and incoming.
I guess we should know if the problem is specific to certain carriers too. I know that Sprint used to shrink the crap out of MMS messages when I had a windows mobile phone.

Edit: I mean, I want to see if I can duplicate your issue to see if I can.
5th April 2012, 02:33 PM |#10231  
Thanks Meter: 69

More
Flashed v3 right over 2.9.1 this last weekend. Updated prl and profile. Had a few Fc's so fixed permissions and bam almost a week and buttery smooth no fc's and getting around 12 hours per charge based on my personal usage habits.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
email

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)