FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

rooting a japanese evo

83 posts
Thanks Meter: 19
 
By ocnbrze, Member on 14th June 2011, 07:04 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th April 2012, 08:28 PM |#21  
SharpIS03's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Koshigaya
Thanks Meter: 56
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robobob1221

I rooted once before and backed up the WiMAX partition like you say. However I couldn't get a connection which seemed to be a common issue with those rooting the Japanese version of the evo, as most roms use sprints' base whereas here we have au which uses a different software version and whatnot. Did you manage to flash without any problems to your WiMAX here in Japan?

Evo WiMAX Japan

Yes, it's very difficult to find a custom ROM that is made specifically for our Japanese EVOs. However, I was able to find the latest RUU (came out less than a month ago?) - software version 2.26.970.1, cook up a custom ROM from it with root and Superuser built in, and apply it to my EVO. As far as I know, I have the latest version possible with full root capabilities. Wimax works as well since I'm using the RUU made for our phones...

My next step is to build another custom ROM, take out bloatware, and maybe learn how to tweak it a little bit...but, I'm very much a beginner at ROM cooking...so it will take some time.
 
 
4th April 2012, 09:28 PM |#22  
mkelsho's Avatar
Member
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnbrze

ok so is there a way to root a japanese evo? it's hboot is 2.15. i haven't found any permanent root for it yet. i searched everywhere on the net so i'm not sure if it is possible.

How did u get a jap EVO, and why

Sent from my MikG'd Boost Mobile HTC EVO 4G using XDA
5th April 2012, 05:33 AM |#23  
Robobob1221's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag 取手市。日本
Thanks Meter: 520
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkelsho

How did u get a jap EVO, and why

Sent from my MikG'd Boost Mobile HTC EVO 4G using XDA

I would assume that the person lives in Japan like the others posting in this particular thread. That's the reason I've got one! Could be wrong.

Evo WiMAX Japan
5th April 2012, 05:47 AM |#24  
mkelsho's Avatar
Member
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robobob1221

I would assume that the person lives in Japan like the others posting in this particular thread. That's the reason I've got one! Could be wrong.

Evo WiMAX Japan

I didn't know that xda went outside the US, but i also never needed to....idc, just as long as I don't have to hit 1 for english

Sent from my MikG'd Boost Mobile HTC EVO 4G using XDA
5th April 2012, 05:54 AM |#25  
Robobob1221's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag 取手市。日本
Thanks Meter: 520
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpIS03

Yes, it's very difficult to find a custom ROM that is made specifically for our Japanese EVOs. However, I was able to find the latest RUU (came out less than a month ago?) - software version 2.26.970.1, cook up a custom ROM from it with root and Superuser built in, and apply it to my EVO. As far as I know, I have the latest version possible with full root capabilities. Wimax works as well since I'm using the RUU made for our phones...

My next step is to build another custom ROM, take out bloatware, and maybe learn how to tweak it a little bit...but, I'm very much a beginner at ROM cooking...so it will take some time.

So the ROM you've made is stock + root and SU?
And it's fairly stable, no issues with connections? Good work!!
How about carrier services like the au mail and c-mail/sms style mailing between networks?

Will you be sharing/have you shared this? I'd like to try it out, if I get the balls to try rooting again!

Evo WiMAX Japan
5th April 2012, 08:20 AM |#26  
SharpIS03's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Koshigaya
Thanks Meter: 56
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robobob1221

So the ROM you've made is stock + root and SU?
And it's fairly stable, no issues with connections? Good work!!
How about carrier services like the au mail and c-mail/sms style mailing between networks?

Will you be sharing/have you shared this? I'd like to try it out, if I get the balls to try rooting again!

Evo WiMAX Japan

Very stable since it's the stock rom, only thing I added was root, and I didn't take anything out of the rom. Carrier services seem to work as well, au mail definitely works. I haven't tried SMS yet since I hardly ever use it, but I'll try it just in case.

I will definitely share this, but I'd like to try what I've been doing a couple more times so I can get the steps right...everything has been a mix of going on different forums in both English and Japanese. Once I clear up the steps I've been following, I'll post it here or possibly in its own thread.

Can you tell me your android version and build number? Just want to verify something.
5th April 2012, 09:28 AM |#27  
Robobob1221's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag 取手市。日本
Thanks Meter: 520
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpIS03

Very stable since it's the stock rom, only thing I added was root, and I didn't take anything out of the rom. Carrier services seem to work as well, au mail definitely works. I haven't tried SMS yet since I hardly ever use it, but I'll try it just in case.

I will definitely share this, but I'd like to try what I've been doing a couple more times so I can get the steps right...everything has been a mix of going on different forums in both English and Japanese. Once I clear up the steps I've been following, I'll post it here or possibly in its own thread.

Can you tell me your android version and build number? Just want to verify something.

Android version is 2.3.4
Build No. 2.26.970.1 CL327824 release-keys.

That what you need?

Evo WiMAX Japan
5th April 2012, 09:58 AM |#28  
SharpIS03's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Koshigaya
Thanks Meter: 56
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robobob1221

Android version is 2.3.4
Build No. 2.26.970.1 CL327824 release-keys.

That what you need?

Evo WiMAX Japan

Yes, thanks. So latest possible update and no root. Hmm got it.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium
5th April 2012, 04:19 PM |#29  
SharpIS03's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Koshigaya
Thanks Meter: 56
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robobob1221

Will you be sharing/have you shared this? I'd like to try it out, if I get the balls to try rooting again!

Evo WiMAX Japan

How comfortable are you with the rooting process? I'm not sure how verbose I want to make my instructions.
5th April 2012, 04:43 PM |#30  
Robobob1221's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag 取手市。日本
Thanks Meter: 520
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpIS03

How comfortable are you with the rooting process? I'm not sure how verbose I want to make my instructions.

Last time I rooted I used the revolutionary method. So I have a basic understanding at best.
Will it require using command prompts to install this root method?
5th April 2012, 04:49 PM |#31  
SharpIS03's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Koshigaya
Thanks Meter: 56
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robobob1221

Last time I rooted I used the revolutionary method. So I have a basic understanding at best.
Will it require using command prompts to install this root method?

Ah, revolutionary.io method then? Yes, this method will require the command prompt.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes