TIPS AND TRICKS:
1) Do you find your XAndroid build very slow and not as responsive as you expected ?
Install CleanRAM under WinMo (6.x), set it to "Level 3" (Fundamental Purge). Normally, your build will be faster and more responsive, it works for me !
Feel free to post your feedback
2) Do you find your battery life is not at least good ?
Disabling Wi-Fi toggle can be useful, even if you aren't connected to your favourite Network, let it drains the battery faster than everything...
3) An other battery tip ! Disable Animations in Settings Menu.
It won't change important things, it's almost unnoticeable.
4) You don't use the 3G network ? Disable this option into the comm manager under WinMo 6.x , you'll notice an important changing as regards your battery life
5) Have you found an app which doesn't fit the whole screen ? Open STARTUP.txt and try to change lcd.density from 220 to 240.
6) Many many users don't manage to answer their incoming calls. Last night i found a trick. Don't use your finger, but press a bit hard the green circle on your screen with your stylus (no risk for your screen), you'll be finally able to answer your calls !
7) I just found a PERFECT package: http://zimages.googlecode.com/svn/au...215_000813.tar
If you don't know how to use it, there are some FAQs
8) Do not forget that your WinMo settings matter !
(Especially Screen settings, comm manager settings, etc, i'll give more details soon)
9) How to install glemsom's packages according to Slaming:
"to install this just download the zip and place it in your sd card then edit the starup and change zimage to the name of the zimage you are uing so in this case it will be zImage-20100215_000813 when its booting you will see the kernel script and it will say new image or something. hope this helps.
and dont forget don't unzip the other file inside the original zip just place it in the sd card normally."
10) I think i have found a temporary fix as regards DEEP SLEEP ISSUES (I test it for three days and the conlusion is impressive !).
There are the instructions:
1) Download the app SetCPU (included in Glossy's packages)
2) Install the app via the market (if you've downloaded it via your phone) or Astro file manager (If you have the .apk)
3) Launch SetCPU and choose "Auto Detect" (at the end of the list)
4) Set Max at 528MHz and Min at 245MHz, enable "Set on Boot" and let CPU Governor as "On demand"
5) Exit the app, test my tip and leave your feedback
Warning: Your battery life won't be shorter, don't worry.
11) Your Network drops down sometimes and never reappear ? Select your network manually, and if it doesn't work, don't reboot, it can take some time
I'm french so i do: Paramètres (Settings) => Réseaux sans fils (top of the list) => Paramètres réseaux mobiles (bottom of the list) => Recherche manuelle (Manually search ?), wait 10 sec and select your favorite network.
12) Boot failed to mount sd card ? Try this: http://groups.google.com/group/beagl...aef9116b?pli=1
13) Tired of installing all your APKs ? Just put your precious APKs in "Androidapps" folder, it will auto-install apps when booting. Thanks Brodos123
14) Deep Sleep problems are getting on your nerves ? Try to use the "board-htcblackstone-panel.no_bkl_off=1" in the cmdline in startup.txt. Thanks Brodos123
15) Tired of seeing all this "fsck0001", "fsck0002" ? You can delete them without having any issue ! Thanks N!ghty
16) Want to use your personnal wallpapers ? Try to put your JPEG, or GIF, or any image file into sdcard\media\resource\ , and select one of them with your favorite wallpapers manager. Thanks N!ghty
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|