1,625 posts
Thanks Meter: 9,141

By Calkulin, Recognized Developer on 4th November 2011, 08:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th April 2012, 08:42 PM |#10241  
Fort Worth
Thanks Meter: 84

More
Great rom . Gunslinger kernel is great too, just had to bump the cpu to 1000 with ondemand and the voltage on 200mhz to 925mv. Buttery smooth .

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

5th April 2012, 08:51 PM |#10242  
Flag Milwaukee, WI
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanchoPlanet

I also noticed this condition when in "Task Mgr" hitting the clear memory button under "Ram". Usually its about 24 apps running in bkgd. On wife's stock Epic its usually about 17 apps in bkgd running.

Are we on the same page?

Pp.

Yes thats what I am having happen here too....
5th April 2012, 09:22 PM |#10243  
Flag Eagle Mountain
Thanks Meter: 41

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanchoPlanet

Corrupted download? Try re-downloading Calk's 3.0, and reflash with wipe all first. Make a B/U of current 2.8, if any problems just restore 2.8.

PS. Delete last Calk 3.0 Rom from your phone before installing new d/l of 3.0.

Pp.

---------- Post added at 09:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 AM ----------

Try clearing data and cashe for play store/ market, delete play store/ market then download fresh Play store and install. This may resolve your issue. It's worked for me in the past with other apps.

Pp.

This was a bit difficult to find through all this flaming...what has this thread become?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
5th April 2012, 09:22 PM |#10244  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rondietz1

...I personally don't see anyone bad mouthing the developer, this is a forum for an experiment rom, and if I'm not mistaken, it is everyones feedback that keeps it moving forward and constantly evolving and improving.

Well, actually there were a handful of "this rom sucks" style posts several pages back. I just took the "don't feed the trolls" tack. If that's they're opinion, they can go to an older build or elsewhere.

I was scared that 3.0 had a couple issues at first, but once it leveled out, it's been awesome for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to Moebius01 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Moebius01 Ad-Free
5th April 2012, 09:27 PM |#10245  
Thanks Meter: 417

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by parmend

Great rom . Gunslinger kernel is great too, just had to bump the cpu to 1000 with ondemand and the voltage on 200mhz to 925mv. Buttery smooth .

Using what tool

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA
5th April 2012, 09:28 PM |#10246  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidergrafxxx

This was a bit difficult to find through all this flaming...what has this thread become?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Small flame war broke out. Should die just as quick one would hope. In the meantime, I'd definitely try a clean download and wipe everything out just to see if you get to a stable 3.0. If you do, you could always go back to a 2.8 nandroid and try to flash again. And if not, maybe try the stock kernel? From the reading I've done so far (still new to the android side of this game), they can be pretty temperamental. I played around with a couple one night just to see for myself, but couldn't discern too much difference to the naked eye, though I did see a lot of FCs on one that I chalked up to a bad flash.
5th April 2012, 10:17 PM |#10247  
Fort Worth
Thanks Meter: 84

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Custodian

Using what tool

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA

Setcpu

5th April 2012, 10:47 PM |#10248  
Flag Winter Haven
Thanks Meter: 274

More
Everyone really having a lot of problems with 3.0?
5th April 2012, 11:04 PM |#10249  
Flag Oklahoma
Thanks Meter: 288

More
Mine's running really well except for small MMS image size
5th April 2012, 11:20 PM |#10250  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 768

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr2i4ve

I understand this is a community, 'bro'. That's why users post to this thread. And then you come out and lash at everyone saying they're dumbasses if they can't get it working. Rather hypocritical.

at everyone?? dude seriously?? what the hell is wrong with you?? if you read clearly i stated some help to those having issues and i also stated this to the people who kept saying this rom sucked and blah blah blah in other words to all the trolls,, i dont understand how you can get offended if i was not even offending everyone ion the thread just the freaking trolls... you need to start relaxing and reading more clearly before starting an argument that makes no sense

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondietz1

Just remember that if in the future you have any type of problem with anything, even the slightest hicup, then by your logic YOU must be doing something wrong, and I wouldn't expect help from any of the people you just insulted. Pure ignorance in a statement like that, you could check thousands of the exact phones with the same roms, and I would be shocked if any two users had the exact same setups. I personally don't see anyone bad mouthing the developer, this is a forum for an experiment rom, and if I'm not mistaken, it is everyones feedback that keeps it moving forward and constantly evolving and improving. If that isn't your impression of this forum, maybe you should be looking elsewhere and quit wasting your time with us ignorant folk!

Ignorant folk? HA! are you serious??.. tell me in what way have i offended you? unless your those type of users that runs into problems or issues while flashing a rom and right away state that the rom sucks and that the developer is doing bad work then i can not understand how it affects you... and for your information yes i had a error earlier and it was due to a mistake i made.. I DID NOT READ THE OP'S INSTRUCTIONS AND JUST FLASHED... so instead of flaming a thread i searched for where i went wrong... and for future reference i dont see anywhere in my statement were i insult anyone but the trolls and users who flame threads... if you read, well thats if you know how to read clearly, and go back a few pages youll see that there is ALOT of people bad mouthing the developer and rom... and just so you know i do run into problems but i dont go flaming a thread instead i ask for help or read the most recent posts to see if other users are experiencing the same issues and how they fix the problem.. so calm down before you wet your pants...
5th April 2012, 11:55 PM |#10251  
Recognized Contributor
TampaBay
Thanks Meter: 36,452

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nibrwr

If I send an MMS with Calk's ROM, the picture is 78K. Using Blazer's MMS.apk, it's 500+K. I've tried pushing older versions of Calk's ROM's MMS.apk, and they don't work either

So this happens even when you take a picture and send it to yourself?
Just for reference, I sent one out from the gallery and when it came back in I long pressed and selected properties or something like that on each pic and they were the exact same size.
I don't think I saw any other replies. Can someone else check out mms please and let him know too? Thanks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
email

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)