Fantastic prime news re wi-fi/gps issues

30 posts
Thanks Meter: 14

By joplin48, Junior Member on 6th April 2012, 12:22 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
6th April 2012, 02:03 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
if this is all legit im curious to see how it connects/what it looks like. I will hold thoughts until I see the configuration and some pictures.

6th April 2012, 02:04 AM |#32  
Flag Stuttgart
Thanks Meter: 703

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcalz71

if this is all legit im curious to see how it connects/what it looks like. I will hold thoughts until I see the configuration and some pictures.

Check out what I just posted.
6th April 2012, 02:07 AM |#33  
Thanks Meter: 218

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylermaciaszek

I'm still going to doubt the truth that demandarian is on the Asus testing team, not to start a war up in here, but why would Asus choose someone here to test out their secret project doesn't make sense.
Although if he is that's really cool and good for him. Could go either way.

Trust me, he is definitely NOT lying. Really bad that this was told by an employee though, who should of known better
6th April 2012, 02:08 AM |#34  
Thanks Meter: 154

More
Interesting, GPS dongle. I purchased Bluetooth GPS already.. but bleh.. GPS dongle. So, this is Asus's solution to GPS problem. Wonder how they will distribute the GPS dongle & will the be included in future Transformer Prime?

Also, if you were to test... isn't the ideal test group be those who purchased Transformer Prime to use the GPS feature? That part is rather odd....

Either way.. interesting. Wonder how that GPS lawsuit is going..
Btw, this news/announcement will upset many people who were anxiously waiting for the news based on all the hype & "marketing" that was done by few individuals.

Oh, and on final note...
Can't fix a damn H/W issue with S/W... ahem.

Edit: Also, would rather see Hai Trat in this forum over Gary Key.
The Following User Says Thank You to shinzz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shinzz Ad-Free
6th April 2012, 02:08 AM |#35  
Flag East Coast
Thanks Meter: 473

Donate to Me
More
So what do we do if we already registered our Prime on the site? Just wait for Gary's announcement I'm guessing. I use GPS2Bluetooth now so if this will help and its free I definitely want it.
6th April 2012, 02:10 AM |#36  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyrot

Holy!

I just registered my Prime in Asus, and guess what poped out RIGHT after registering!

See screenshot!

wooo free dongle!

Thanks! I will go register mine then.
6th April 2012, 02:11 AM |#37  
Thanks Meter: 417

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by David522d

If this is the big news i'm going to super disappointed
FIX THE WIFI not the GPS.
Fools

And here we go...

ASUS will have fixed the #1 "OHMYGOD ASUS I want what you sold me how dare you just remove GPS from the marketing give me what I paid for!!!!!" issue, and people will complain that something else wasn't done instead.

If this turns out to be true, and it seems legit, then I think ASUS will have come up with an elegant solution to a problem. They'll have demonstrated some serious good faith in resolving customer issues, and nobody--and I mean NOBODY--can continue to accuse them of all of the nefarious practices people on this forum have accused them of.

As far as wifi goes, did you read the entire message? It looks like they've made progress on recent units, and have probably identified a means to improve wifi reception. So, they're working on that, for real, as well. Again, demonstrating that they're really working hard to make customers happy, which is about all we can ask for from a company.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wynand32 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wynand32 Ad-Free
6th April 2012, 02:12 AM |#38  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyrot

Check out what I just posted.

I will believe it exists, whether or not I like the design solution chosen will be based on when I am able to see it. If it weren't $500 to possibly **** up, I have a few ideas of my own I wouldn't mind testing just to see if they are feasible.
6th April 2012, 02:12 AM |#39  
Thanks Meter: 74

More
Can the dongle be used with the Prime docked? How about in a case?

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to dcAndroidFan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dcAndroidFan Ad-Free
6th April 2012, 02:15 AM |#40  
Thanks Meter: 66

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinzz

would rather see Hai Trat in this forum over Gary Key.

Lol...was just thinking the same thing. Lets start a petition.....Hai Trat for official Asus support on XDA :)
The Following User Says Thank You to micaman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift micaman Ad-Free
6th April 2012, 02:16 AM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 466

More
cool stuff. Asus 4teh win
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread