[APP]vocab++ visual flashcards

Search This thread

rb6teen

Aug 28, 2010
Hey everyone,

I've just released an Android app called vocab++, which uses images (each one of which is curated by hand) to assist users in boosting their vocabulary. It's built on the principle of visual association (remember when we were kids, and our books were filled with illustrations to help us learn new words?).

The app is designed for those preparing for standardized tests, though others can benefit from it, too. I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.

You can find it in the Google Play Store! https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appsculture.vocab

XCnKt3q-FuRgzwlPbcX5Y9zJE90z_5VDQtPOXBktx1PgFLReJXnX11gRo2HkqloyZw

3AwVHwuCyVWAEdEY6VQQtpfpEylCyUF6tu-lQii8h4SnF895ZJ4iuNhrXi87mLl7HA

p_yp8QGbxhw6ev8zGeo-5SBlg6PSzSQyLdy6YVONUaH0j8jSAr1WYuoP3qBQAE2yfw

AjeGw_8bB-rZWxeUUnPULgAU9p63vqnKXQXkg7UIVOAr30Qbj6Ti0ENv3iL-C01cIg=w705

Last edited by a moderator:

creepyfuz

Jun 17, 2010
Central Florida
Where are these definitions coming from cause I've found at least one that isn't exactly correct. Apocryphal. It say "untrue; made up" when it actually means "of questionable or unknown origin" or "of questionable validity." While similar that's a very different definition than the right one.

rb6teen

Aug 28, 2010
Where are these definitions coming from cause I've found at least one that isn't exactly correct. Apocryphal. It say "untrue; made up" when it actually means "of questionable or unknown origin" or "of questionable validity." While similar that's a very different definition than the right one.

The words have been collected from various sources. I'll look into this issue and make an edit ASAP. Thanks for pointing it out.

rb6teen

Aug 28, 2010
Did you draw them all by yourself?:eek:

If I did I'd be charing you all a LOT for it :D No, the initial plan was to bring in the images using the Google Search API or Bing or something, but the quality of images coming through was pretty horrific. I wasn't even close to being happy, but I felt the idea was extremely strong. As such, I hired someone to find images from around the web to link to a word.

Reactions: jerryhou85

harleyhemant

Dec 23, 2010
Bangalore
Quite a handy app.. Thanks dev.. The pictures don't show up unless I tap Show Image manually.. is that how it's supposed to be?

Sent from my Milestone XT720 using xda premium

rb6teen

Aug 28, 2010
Quite a handy app.. Thanks dev.. The pictures don't show up unless I tap Show Image manually.. is that how it's supposed to be?

Sent from my Milestone XT720 using xda premium

currently, yes. But I'm working on adding custom preferences to the next update (coming this weekend) with an "Always Show Image".

forceu

Jun 23, 2010
Great app =) It would be nice to have a "Random" mode though (random words, also not for a specific test)

rainbal

Dec 13, 2010
Does anyone have this app, some how i missed it. Please upload it if you have it.

thanks in advance

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey everyone,

I've just released an Android app called vocab++, which uses images (each one of which is curated by hand) to assist users in boosting their vocabulary. It's built on the principle of visual association (remember when we were kids, and our books were filled with illustrations to help us learn new words?).

The app is designed for those preparing for standardized tests, though others can benefit from it, too. I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.

You can find it in the Google Play Store! https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appsculture.vocab

XCnKt3q-FuRgzwlPbcX5Y9zJE90z_5VDQtPOXBktx1PgFLReJXnX11gRo2HkqloyZw

3AwVHwuCyVWAEdEY6VQQtpfpEylCyUF6tu-lQii8h4SnF895ZJ4iuNhrXi87mLl7HA

p_yp8QGbxhw6ev8zGeo-5SBlg6PSzSQyLdy6YVONUaH0j8jSAr1WYuoP3qBQAE2yfw

AjeGw_8bB-rZWxeUUnPULgAU9p63vqnKXQXkg7UIVOAr30Qbj6Ti0ENv3iL-C01cIg=w705
    Did you draw them all by yourself?:eek:

If I did I'd be charing you all a LOT for it :D No, the initial plan was to bring in the images using the Google Search API or Bing or something, but the quality of images coming through was pretty horrific. I wasn't even close to being happy, but I felt the idea was extremely strong. As such, I hired someone to find images from around the web to link to a word.
    How to know what kind of word ?

Will be adding that in the next update (coming this weekend). Also, it would change the colour of the flashcards according to the kind of word, to increase the degree of visual association.