[APP] SwiftKey 3 Beta

Search This thread

Juls317

Feb 2, 2011
Indy
Has anyone tried out the Beta of the keyboard? I just downloaded it and I have to say, i've never typed faster (although I've only typed out one Twitter post with it and nothing else).

I'll leave my impressions of it after i use it more!

FBis251

Mar 21, 2011
www.fernandobarillas.com
The beta is awesome! I keep trying to put in question marks but keep forgetting that they combined question/exclamation/period to 1 key now :D.

I am thoroughly enjoying the larger spacebar. I don't miss now.

Juls317

Feb 2, 2011
Indy
I always had a problem with SwiftKey X and hitting "b" onstead of the space bar but that problem is gone now. I'd like to see a then engine implemented though, as well as a comme button instead of the SwiftKey Settings button.

And i dont't know what it is about SwiftKey and I but it never seems to autocorrect for me. It's not that it corrects improperly, it just doesn't do it.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium

iamperson347

Aug 23, 2011
I've never used SwiftKey before, but I hit up the beta and this thing is fast. Might have to buy it once it's out of beta.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA

eollie

Mar 30, 2011
And i dont't know what it is about SwiftKey and I but it never seems to autocorrect for me. It's not that it corrects improperly, it just doesn't do it.

From what I can see it doenst autocorrect but does give the option to select the proper word. If its not doing that re-run the setup and choose to have it use autocorrect instead of you selecting the corrected word.

iamperson347

Aug 23, 2011
I just picked rapid instead of precision and it auto corrects for me.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA

iamperson347

Aug 23, 2011
That's strange. The only other thing I could think of is check settings, and if that is right then just clear cache and data through app management.

djfotizo

May 15, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Miss some old features

I really miss having dedicated push and hold comma and exclamation keys. Speed up some areas and slow down others. With press and hold delay set really low I could fly on the old version. Also still pretty laggy on ics. I am going to try task650 AOKP latest release to see if there is any lag improvement because it is bad enough right now to have me looking at alternatives...

Oh, and it appears that 'long press duration' is no longer an available option. Hopefully it will get added back after beta.

Last edited:

driftinganomaly

Jan 26, 2011
Northern California
I really miss having dedicated push and hold comma and exclamation keys. Speed up some areas and slow down others. With press and hold delay set really low I could fly on the old version. Also still pretty laggy on ics. I am going to try task650 AOKP latest release to see if there is any lag improvement because it is bad enough right now to have me looking at alternatives...

Oh, and it appears that 'long press duration' is no longer an available option. Hopefully it will get added back after beta.

New beta is out today. Long press duration is back. So is the comma. Smart punctuation is improved, but I am still getting some lag on E4GT running 2.3.6

Reactions: djfotizo

driftinganomaly

Jan 26, 2011
Northern California
I always had a problem with SwiftKey X and hitting "b" onstead of the space bar but that problem is gone now. I'd like to see a then engine implemented though, as well as a comme button instead of the SwiftKey Settings button.

Set spacebar to "always insert center prediction" that is the closest to auto correct since version 1.

djfotizo

May 15, 2007
Charlotte, NC
New beta is out today. Long press duration is back. So is the comma. Smart punctuation is improved, but I am still getting some lag on E4GT running 2.3.6

Well I am happy to report that with the new beta, comma IS back, and I love the location, long press duration has improved speed of accessing secondary characters, and lag has been GREATLY minimized on ICS. So far even the beta is a keeper! Oh, and no more double and triple back swipes to delete a word. That was driving me crazy...

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

Juls317

Feb 2, 2011
Indy
Ive gotta say, the previous release was a lot better than this one for me. I feel as though my typing is less accurate than it was before, and i feel as though the dedicated comma is slightly unnecessary. Also, the update seems to have broken my autocorrections

Reactions: Jerry D

djfotizo

May 15, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Ive gotta say, the previous release was a lot better than this one for me. I feel as though my typing is less accurate than it was before, and i feel as though the dedicated comma is slightly unnecessary. Also, the update seems to have broken my autocorrections

Try changing from rapid to precise or vice versa. Strangely in they seemed to work opposite for me. Rapid in the old version feels like precise in the new one. I switched to the old version after a rom upgrade over the weekend and forgot how fast it was. I am still waiting for the new version to come out of beta. The swipe punctuation is a bad step IMO.

Sent from my Task'd AOKP Horned Pony

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You should buy it. There was another sale a little while ago and another before that. I paid full price for it and got more than my money's worth. If you're a paying customer you can also download the sk3 betas which have been getting better and better

Sent from my SGH-T959V
    SwiftKey 3 is out of beta and it's 50 percent off in the play store. Grab it while it's hot!

Sent from my SGH-T959V