[ROM] (2/28/12) Magnolia 2.1.1 Final *Smooth, Stable, Suave*

Search This thread

flamepanther

Mar 5, 2011
I am not referring to the Rom. I am referring to the VVM fix I posted.

Sent from my ADR6350 using xda premium

I've noticed that I can't do the initial VVM sign-in over Wi-Fi (fails to connect) but I haven't noticed an issue after that. I doubt if I've missed many calls while on Wi-Fi though, so it's tough for me to say.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk

zax10

Nov 8, 2010
Inman
I've noticed that I can't do the initial VVM sign-in over Wi-Fi (fails to connect) but I haven't noticed an issue after that. I doubt if I've missed many calls while on Wi-Fi though, so it's tough for me to say.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk

I never missed any a lot of times it took a few minutes for the vm to cone through on WiFi or I would have to switch over to 3g.

I found it to work best I'd make a apn backup on a stock Rom with vvm working then after flash and install restore that apn.

Sent from my ADR6350 using xda premium

420fan

Oct 16, 2010
Lancaster, PA
Hi all. Would people mind terribly if the transparent Rosie was done as an add-on zip, rather than in tweaks? It would save me a LOT of hassle integrating it back into my tweaks app. I still may do it in tweaks, but I forgot how much I might have to recode (maybe not as much as I think, still pouring over the diff to eparate this one out) ...Please let me know. thanks!

Steve

Thanks for all the hard work on this rom, it has become my daily. Add on a zip, it's your rom, your baby.

I do have one request though, is there any way to change the personalize button icon. For instance, I use that for my camera, but the icon is still the personalize icon.

sk806

Jan 30, 2005
Rye, New York
Status

Hey All,

Have been taking a short break from Android, as the international crowd over on the Galxy Tab forums are killing me (;), they're nice people, just a lot of them). I am slowly getting the itch back, so I plan to start back up and finish this baby soon.

Sorry for the long period between updates, but such is life...

Reactions: Jizzylax

sk806

Jan 30, 2005
Rye, New York
Thanks for all the hard work on this rom, it has become my daily. Add on a zip, it's your rom, your baby.

I do have one request though, is there any way to change the personalize button icon. For instance, I use that for my camera, but the icon is still the personalize icon.

That's in an .m10 file. I have been wanting to make it a star for a while, but it got lost in my agonizing and eventually failed attempt at an m10 workaround. I MAY be able to do just this one image, or I may be able to override it in Rosie itself. I'll see.

Steve

tmlhodge

Dec 12, 2010
Eastern Time Zone
honeycomb lock is the only bug?

what about no statusbar transparency? that doesnt work in tweaks
what about the custom boot animation option? .. that doesnt work in tweaks
or any sense 3.5 skin i install doesnt show up.
i dont care if they never work but at least state it in the OP

honeycomb lock is the only bug?

what about no statusbar transparency? that doesnt work in tweaks
what about the custom boot animation option? .. that doesnt work in tweaks
or any sense 3.5 skin i install doesnt show up.
i dont care if they never work but at least state it in the OP

Well, he said not all the tweaks work.... and as for the skin not working... Can't help you. It's probably because this is a mix ROM. So that said, don't get all upity at the dev for not stating something, when some was stated.

Swyped From My MikRunny'd Superphone Using TapaTalk 2

dnoren

Aug 22, 2008
Bellevue
I'll start by stating this ROM works great for me and I appreciate all the hard work put into it.
I'm wondering if there will be any more work done on it. This thread has been quiet for a while.
Thanks!
Darryl

Sent from my SCH-I800 using xda premium

T3CH9ICIAN

Mar 8, 2011
milwaukee area
I'll start by stating this ROM works great for me and I appreciate all the hard work put into it.
I'm wondering if there will be any more work done on it. This thread has been quiet for a while.
Thanks!
Darryl

Sent from my SCH-I800 using xda premium

It does say final on the OP with a date of I think 3-5 so probably not. I just DL'ed if and am going to give it a run.

Jizzylax

Oct 19, 2010
It does say final on the OP with a date of I think 3-5 so probably not. I just DL'ed if and am going to give it a run.
I know a few pages back he indicated there would be some minor tweaks and fixes planned, but I haven't heard anything else regarding status.

From what I've heard, the dev sounds like he is pretty busy with life, so it is understandable. :)

devator22

Dec 16, 2010
Boy, I missed the superb battery life of sense over aosp (I'm serious, I've always gotten better battery life on sense). Anyway, I had a small request. Could you possibly incorporate the swipe to remove notifications mod that has been floating around? That is really the only thing I miss.

Thanks for the great work.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2

rjcormier

Jun 2, 2011
new orleans
Hey All,

Have been taking a short break from Android, as the international crowd over on the Galxy Tab forums are killing me (;), they're nice people, just a lot of them). I am slowly getting the itch back, so I plan to start back up and finish this baby soon.

Sorry for the long period between updates, but such is life...

Hey, I'm just letting you know I would love an update on this. I know it seems like most r quiet now but this is smooth. Only thing I don't prefer is the way mms sends a single pic as a slideshow and the tiny font. I tried all the larger looking ones but they don't make it bigger. Are you still considering an update?

Edit...I figured out there was a setting n mms to change the slideshow thing and the font seems only small n the settings so I can deal with it. :) this is the best Rom so far being I can't get mms on trinity and no WiFi tether on ukb. I'll stay right here :)
Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

hammadfaisal007

Apr 7, 2012
I flashed the ROM and set to GSM, but I am getting "No Service". I am not able to make calls, but I am receiving calls. What should I do to get network back?

thenaut

Oct 6, 2010
I loved this ROM when I used it, I might go back to it soon.

Sent from my ADR6350 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Magnolia 2.1.1 Final (3/5/12)

shot_000001.png
    shot_000007.png
    shot_000004.png
    shot_000005.png
    shot_000006.png

This is my port of a mix of the Sensation XL and Rezound Sense 3.5 shipped ROMs to the Incredible 2. My goal in making this ROM is to provide a fast, reliable, smooth and stable ROM with added features that, I believe, make it more convenient and easy to use. oh, and, if you like my ROM, please hit the thanks button...:).

FEATURES

• Based mainly on Sensation XL build 1.17.1010.1 with bits from Rezound build 1.02.605.11;
    • Drellisdee's Sense kernel #21 included, with No Frills CPU for those who want to overclock;
    • All png files in the main graphics APKs optimized for improved performance plus some "secret" (;)) system tweaks that add to overall speed and stability (will optimize all APKs for next release);
    • My personalized Tweaks app, which allows many customizations (I'll elaborate later), with more to come;
    • Redone and hand selected Init.d boot scripts, to increase available RAM and virtual memory, zipalign on boot, make your sdcard read speed faster, improve battery accuracy and more;
    • Added build.prop tweaks to improve touch responsiveness, force Rosie into memory, use hardware acceleration to drive UI, increase wifi speed and more;
    • Percentage battery mod;
    • Bloatware removed with some added (uninstallable) apps that I always find useful;
    • Removed most of the apps and widgets that are on your home screens after flashing, as most users just remove them anyway;
    • Ad-blocking hosts file (you can update via included AdFree Android app);
    • Much more...

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

1. Make a nandroid backup of your current ROM;
    2. Download ROM from here: http://tinyw.in/4sja

MD5: 65b40068a24e5f6204efdb06697de04f

3. Put ROM on your SD Card;
    4. Boot into clockwork mod recovery and perform a full wipe of your phone, including data/factory reset and cache partition (or use ROM Manager and select wipe data/cache before flashing). YOU MUST PERFORM THIS STEP, AS I HAVE REBUILT THE SYSTEM!!!;
    5. Flash ROM (via CWM recovery or ROM Manager);
    6. Reboot and let things sync, settle;
    7. Personally, I set the CPU to 1.2 GHZ and, in Settings-->Tweaks-->Rosie Options-->Enable Quick Scroll, I use the second fastest setting. I find this provides a good mix of speed, smoothness and battery life, but please feel free to do whatever makes you happy :). I've gotten it to bench at 2500 and still be very stable, so mess around a bit.
    8. Enjoy, and let me know how I can improve the ROM. Thanks!

KNOWN ISSUES
    • Honeycomb lockscreen's graphics are off, Will be fixed in a patch soon...

CREDITS AND THANKS
    • drellisdee for his amazing kernels;
    • romanbb and RCteam for the Tweaks.apk, which I based mine on;
    • newtoroot, RCteam and rmk for their ports of the Sensation XL ROMs, which I ripped apart to figure out how to do all of this;
    • dsixda for his wonderful kitchens, which saves me a huge amount of time;
    • chrisDDD for his accurate battery percentage graphics;
    • All my beta testers;
    • the authors of the init.d scripts, mentioned above;
    • XDA Forums, as always;
    • If I forgot anyone, it was inadvertent, and a PM will see things set straight….

WARNING/DISCLAIMER

This ROM has been used by me and others, and has proved to be stable. However, I cannot guarantee that it is bug free or that will not cause problems with your phone. Accordingly, I take no responsibility for any consequences to you, others or your phone that may arise as a direct or indirect result of flashing the ROM linked to in this post. FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK, and, if you do not know what you are doing, feel free to ask, I won't bite...
    Changelog

2.1-->2.1.1
    • Fixed call quality issues;
    • Added .wma support for player;
    • Fixed fonts in tweaks;
    • Some minor tweaky stuff to updater-script and init.d ram manager scripts;

2.0-->2.1
    • Completely rebuilt, based on Runnymede 1.17.1010.1, and Rezound 2.01.605.11
    • Completely redid init.d script selection;
    • Added Build.prop tweaks;
    • Fixed all bugs from 2.0 (except white system UI FC);
    • Updated all apps (I hope....:))
    • More...
    2.1 Final

Hi All,

2.1 Final will be up at some point in the next couple of hours. As you can see, I updated the OP, but no DL link yet. I am just updating Gapps, will be done shortly and I will upload to Dropbox and add DL link to OP.

Steve
    I was just curious if you were able to make heads way on changing the cookie of the bliss buttons? Or are you just releasing your themed package? No rush, just wondering if it was possible. I have been getting stellar battery life. I really enjoy this Rom.
    Been running since you posted it here on xda.
    Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda premium

Thanks. I have been able to do it quite easily, actually, since it is a single scene m10 in Rosie.apk, rather than the whole shared m10 in Fusion.apk. I will be releasing it with 2.1.

Have JUST got back from travelling for the holidays, so looking forward to some geek time with the ROM and hope to have it up very shortly, as it's just theming that needs to be done now.

Also, the Rezound just got rooted, so Ill be making a rom for that, plus making this rom universal for same resolution devices. I gotta get my thanks number up....;).

See you soon with the release.

Steve