Best Video Player for Huawei X6 & FBO variants ??

Search This thread

mattBLK

Dec 1, 2010
Manila
Please recommend a video player + Version that we can play .mp4 with H264 codecs and .flv files on our FBO devices smoothly.

I believe we have ARMv7 type CPU... Ive tried a few players but most struggle with large .flv file size.

My devices and firmware are
1x WellcoM A99 (850 UMTS) running the awesome Bumble bee 101-3
1x WellcoM A99 (850 UMTS) running Stock 2.3.4 WellcoM Rom Rooted/unbloated
1x Cherry Mobile Magnum HD (900 UMTS) running Bumble bee 101-3

respect xda rules please, no links to warez

;)

mattBLK

Dec 1, 2010
Manila
mx video player + codec armv7 + adsfree

You where on to something here :D

Spent half the day installing uninstalling various players and their versions. :(
Mobo player lagged on .flv files
Rockplayer lagged on large .flv or couldnt use hardware encoding.
MX Player latest version kept giving me FC

then i read about MX Player v1.5 being stable and compatible for CM7 so i gave it a try... it works FLAWLESS!! and it even Hardware Encodes when it needs which none of the others did.

thx to those that recommended.
;)

philpilar

Jan 26, 2005
I use a combo of bsplayer lite and mx player. Best of all, they're both free! Grab em, on the play store. :) install the arm v7 codecs if you're having trouble playing files.

Reactions: mattBLK

vivekb

Jul 27, 2011
Mumbai
As we all got ICS update with new developer we have conclude again which is best Video player as above all are not working flawlessly over ICS.

I think BS player is good one ....

Any one else want to post there view...

Last edited:

whyzee

Oct 15, 2011
Chennai
As we all got ICS update with new developer we have conclude again which is best Video player as above all are not working flawlessly over ICS.

I think BS player is goo one ....

Any one else want to post there view...

For me MX player is the best. I still haven't got to ICS yet. For me stock still works best :)

Sent from my CSL-MI410 using XDA

mattBLK

Dec 1, 2010
Manila
For me MX player is the best. I still haven't got to ICS yet. For me stock still works best :)

+1 bro.. ithinks MX Player 1.5 is still #1 for me when using CM7 bumblebee + the awesome ICS-Gingerbread theme loaded from the CM7 Theme Chooser app. And like what natsuke said just swipe up/down for volume so easy!

FYI i still keep trying new video players when you guys recommend them so keep the recommendations coming in if you find something ;)

cheers

Last edited:

mattBLK

Dec 1, 2010
Manila
has anyone tried vital player it can play videos smoothly which other players lag(audio & video syncronisation) including mobo and mx player.

give it a try.

I tried the latest Vital Player Pro, and it wouldn't play some of my .flv music videos where the MX Player would. It wouldn't even hardware encode so its a fail from me ;)

mattBLK

Dec 1, 2010
Manila
Guy's Have you tried "Dice player" it's also very good player

I tried this yesterday, the latest pro version 2.04... omg every .flv file i tried to play the screen went crazy with different colors and i couldnt see the video.

edit.. this only happened while using the ICS Codename Rom, once i put MacDragon Rom back on the App played all files nicely. It even switched to HW encode :)

Last edited:
May 16, 2012
bs player is good player..it performs better than rockplayer.those formats which are not supported by the stock player ar played with softwaredecoding.thats why at higher resulutions those players can not give good performance.i've tried h.264 hd file it only gives 20 to 21fps..but the mp4 version gives 31fps..only reason is hardware decoding instade of s/d..by the way rockplayer can play any format..

Reactions: mattBLK

ksrana86

May 20, 2012
QQPlayer is capable of playing any video file extension..its a free tool available for download in market.

Kishore

Top Liked Posts