[Info] Samsung Galaxy Y shipments are 1.75 M per month

151 posts
Thanks Meter: 25

By Princeomi, Senior Member on 1st April 2012, 11:34 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Source
http://www.unwiredview.com/2012/03/3...tphones-in-q1/
Quote:

Yep – the sales of that underpowered, underappreciated and mostly unsubsidized Android smartphone are exploding around the emerging world. To the tune of 1.75 million devices shipped per month (which is the sales rate comparable to Galaxy S2). And it’s no surprise, when you can get Galaxy Y for something like $120 without a contract. Add to that the sales of its QWERTY brother Galaxy Y pro and other low-end Samsung Androids – and the total sales number for cheapies this quarter may be somewhere between 8 and 10 million.

1st April 2012, 01:17 PM |#2  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 103

Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
coooooooooooool
phoooooooooone
1st April 2012, 03:51 PM |#3  
Flag Mexico City
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Dat sales!, but it's incredible how the yPhone have that amazing sells and here we still can't get a functional cyanogenrom!

Charlie
1st April 2012, 06:31 PM |#4  
Flag Nottinghamshire
Thanks Meter: 457

More
We still have some pretty awesome roms available though for the Y, even if we don't (yet) have any official or unofficial Cyanogenmod:
Creeds' ROM v2.0, v2.1 update and v2.5 which has the unique 'Swipe to remove notification' which no other custom ROM has on this phone.
And ChobitsDigitalis v1, which is the rom I'm using, and has certain Cyanogen elements to it.
There are a number of good roms available. There've been threads where people claim to be porting Cyanogenmod 7, but we're still waiting...

Sent from my GT-S5360 using XDA
2nd April 2012, 08:21 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROFLkopter

We still have some pretty awesome roms available though for the Y, even if we don't (yet) have any official or unofficial Cyanogenmod:
Creeds' ROM v2.0, v2.1 update and v2.5 which has the unique 'Swipe to remove notification' which no other custom ROM has on this phone.
And ChobitsDigitalis v1, which is the rom I'm using, and has certain Cyanogen elements to it.
There are a number of good roms available. There've been threads where people claim to be porting Cyanogenmod 7, but we're still waiting...

One peculiar problem I have seen here that most of the Developers don't have this phone. Nearly every developer starts his thread saying this statement that they don't own this phone. This makes testing difficult. Instead of the developer testing and debugging he has to rely on the users. This makes the task doubly difficult.

Whereas in S2 forums hardly any developers states that he/she doesn't own this phone hence development is very fast there.
2nd April 2012, 08:44 AM |#6  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 103

Donate to Me
More
Hmm....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princeomi

One peculiar problem I have seen here that most of the Developers don't have this phone. Nearly every developer starts his thread saying this statement that they don't own this phone. This makes testing difficult. Instead of the developer testing and debugging he has to rely on the users. This makes the task doubly difficult.

Whereas in S2 forums hardly any developers states that he/she doesn't own this phone hence development is very fast there.

You are half right. First we have to get a good custom kernel to port CyanogenMod into it. once kernel is developed 60% of work would be done
I am using Merruk_Technology Kernel overclocked to 900 MHz but it is in beta stage as wifi does not work with it
4th April 2012, 02:53 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
optical skevent
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROFLkopter

i have nothing against creed (he is a great help to all of us using Galaxy Y) but the "Swype to remove notification is not unique to him. why? there is a thread here with the walkthru on how you can do this here in XDA: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1483193

so let us also give the credits to the one who provided us the guide...
4th April 2012, 12:25 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 142

More
He means no other custom rom for this phone. As in unique for SGY. We all know this isn't a first. Lol.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using xda premium
5th April 2012, 02:39 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 582

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvane

He means no other custom rom for this phone. As in unique for SGY. We all know this isn't a first.

well, then the feature's name should be "swYpe to remove notification" lol
7th April 2012, 12:07 PM |#10  
Flag chennai
Thanks Meter: 45

More
i'm loving this phone
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)