FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM]{The Collective}Presents: The-Unofficial 1.5 - Emily's Dedication [4/24/12]

3,938 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,062

Thread Closed Email Thread
7th April 2012, 03:55 AM |#851  
Flag Redding, CA
Thanks Meter: 361

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flappjaxxx

Patience pays. We shall serve no release before it is done cooking.

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

And yes we have all hands on deck. We will have something. It won't be officially announced in this thread as it isn't The Unofficial. But we will point everyone in the right direction when we are done. Saturday may not be the day, but who knows, The Easter Bunny may have more than eggs in his basket this year!

You rock, this ROM rocks, and the next release I'm sure will rock even harder! Can't wait!

Sent from my ICS Note
Please hit the thanks if I helped you

7th April 2012, 03:22 PM |#852  
Flag Somewhere, FL
Thanks Meter: 11,473

More
Quick Update
Just wanted to give everyone a quick update.
The Collective group including myself have been working hard at the ICS release. I know there was some word of a possible Saturday release, but I am letting everyone know that this isn't going to happen. As tomorrow is Easter I will be with my family and not doing anything Android related. What does that mean to you? That means the Easter Bunny will only be bringing you candy and Easter Eggs. I talked with Johnson last night and we agreed rushing a release out just to have it out wasn't the best idea. We would rather have you wait patiently for something more than just another ICS rom. We have good stuff in store but you are going to have to wait for it. How long? I am not sure. It will be ready and released when it is truly tested and ready. Right now it is not ready. We hold ourselves to a particular standard and a big part of that standard is not to disappoint. I'm going to ask everyone nicely to not ask for ETAs and to not flood us with feature requests. We got you covered. Everyone have a safe and happy Holiday!

Enjoy the ride!

flappjaxxx OUT!
The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to flappjaxxx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift flappjaxxx Ad-Free
7th April 2012, 03:29 PM |#853  
Flag 480
Thanks Meter: 3

More
That's cool. Happy Easter. One question if i may. Is there a way in this Rom to turn off the voice notification and really make all sounds turn off when going into silent mode? Can't sleep at night. Flooded with emails and messages. Thanks!
7th April 2012, 03:30 PM |#854  
Flag Somewhere, FL
Thanks Meter: 11,473

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooShoo480

That's cool. Happy Easter. One question if i may. Is there a way in this Rom to turn off the voice notification and really make all sounds turn off when going into silent mode? Can't sleep at night. Flooded with emails and messages. Thanks!

Yes, it is called the power button
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to flappjaxxx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift flappjaxxx Ad-Free
7th April 2012, 03:35 PM |#855  
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Quote:

Just wanted to give everyone a quick update.
The Collective group including myself have been working hard at the ICS release. I know there was some word of a possible Saturday release, but I am letting everyone know that this isn't going to happen. As tomorrow is Easter I will be with my family and not doing anything Android related. What does that mean to you? That means the Easter Bunny will only be bringing you candy and Easter Eggs. I talked with Johnson last night and we agreed rushing a release out just to have it out wasn't the best idea. We would rather have you wait patiently for something more than just another ICS rom. We have good stuff in store but you are going to have to wait for it. How long? I am not sure. It will be ready and released when it is truly tested and ready. Right now it is not ready. We hold ourselves to a particular standard and a big part of that standard is not to disappoint. I'm going to ask everyone nicely to not ask for ETAs and to not flood us with feature requests. We got you covered. Everyone have a safe and happy Holiday!

Enjoy the ride!

flappjaxxx OUT!

Thank you for letting us know of the status.
Have a great time with your family, all of you developers!
We'll gratefully wait for your wonderful product until it becomes ready.
:
7th April 2012, 03:40 PM |#856  
Flag 480

More
Quote:

Yes, it is called the power button

Besides that?
7th April 2012, 03:53 PM |#857  
Flag Nashville, TN
Thanks Meter: 4,071

Donate to Me
More

Turn notification volume all the way down?
The Following User Says Thank You to studacris For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift studacris Ad-Free
7th April 2012, 03:59 PM |#858  
Thanks Meter: 435

More
Quote:

<snip> I will be with my family and not doing anything Android related. <snip>

Not possible At some point, you'll pull out your phone and think "hmmm... what if I did 'x' to the ROM, hmmm..." Your family may not know that it's happening, but the squirrel cage in your head will be turning
7th April 2012, 04:01 PM |#859  
Flag 480

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by studacris

Turn notification volume all the way down?

I did and it still does the notifications. Can you not turn everything off with the VOL up and down rocker?
7th April 2012, 04:07 PM |#860  
Flag Sacramento
Thanks Meter: 156

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooShoo480

I did and it still does the notifications. Can you not turn everything off with the VOL up and down rocker?

No you can't. The volume rocker doesn't lower the media volume. If you're getting voice notifications and don't want them, go to Settings/Voice Input and Output/Text-to-speech settings and take the 'check' out of the Driving mode option.
7th April 2012, 04:22 PM |#861  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
*IGNORE This post* wrong forum, to many chrome tabs open ;)
I started to experience OS slowness over time as well. So I went into build prop to check properties and for some reason without knowing my dalvik.vm.heapsize=256m. Changed to 64m and so far no slowness over time.

You can also change this value via RomToolbox under the perfomance > Build.prop tweaks.

Just something to check into possibly if others have the same issue.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread