Flo95

Oct 31, 2010
Sony should make carbon housings :D
Would look quite nice and shouldn't crack imo

Sent from my LT15i using XDA Premium App

asderth8000

Jan 26, 2012
Taipei, Taiwan
I have read and ignore this post but now I really CAN'T!

when I bought my LT18i the day Steve Jobs died I did'nt have any crack on my LT18i, but now when I take a look I sawwhat it looks like a line above my sensor and viola...crack :mad:

maybe it from taking on and off of my rubber case:mad:

Flo95

Oct 31, 2010
Found another crack :(
Now over the status LED.
Makes 10 cracks in total now

Retrosid

Mar 30, 2011
I have one scratch on the back plastic
A crack on the light sensor
Another a bit left from the light sensor

So I'm going to change my housing to a brand new white one, hopefully it won't crack again

Poker gypsy

Jun 24, 2011
Here's a true story Chevrolet trucks from 1973 to about 1980 all had a rust problem! No one knew why? But later they found out that it was a bad batch of primer! Can sony have a bad batch of plastic?

Muurahainen

Mar 25, 2012
No cracks on my silver arc.
I have had phone about six months now and even dropped it whew times.

Are there differences between frame color and cracks?

Flo95

Oct 31, 2010
Yeah, blue ones crack much more often than silver ones

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

zed011

Jan 18, 2011
I have one scratch on the back plastic
A crack on the light sensor
Another a bit left from the light sensor

So I'm going to change my housing to a brand new white one, hopefully it won't crack again

It has already been shown that even white housing cracks as some have posted their white arc s cracked.

Yeah, blue ones crack much more often than silver ones

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

I don't think so. It may only seem that way because black is far more common than silver and white combined.

Hi all you guys this problem had been fixed by Sony changing the front chasis with a new material

Here is a link from xperia blog which gives u more detail about this....

http://www.xperiablog.net/2012/03/27/getting-the-xperia-arc-crack-fixed-our-story/

Sent from my MT11i using XDA

It doesn't really look any different to be honest and he never posted any comparison photos of before and after of the housing material so it's most likely a guess on his part than a fair comparison. I have another arc and I will check the appearance of the material when one comes back from repair.

zed011

Jan 18, 2011
Got mine fixed. I sent it on the 5th, got it back today on the 12th so exactly one week. They reflashed my firmware back to stock so I have to set everything up again.

diggedy

Feb 1, 2009
Durham
Ive had mine just under 13 months now. Does anyone know if they honour the warranty outside of the 12 month period?

rustynuts34

Apr 21, 2010
Ive had mine just under 13 months now. Does anyone know if they honour the warranty outside of the 12 month period?

Mine is currently in repair in the UK, i was worried i had gone over the 12 month warranty period by a week, but when i phoned the chap told me that the phones have a 2 year warranty and not too worry. Its due back from repair today according to the service centre. :)

rustynuts34

Apr 21, 2010
My Arc is rooted and bootloader unlocked, can I still use my warranty to fix my phone's crack?

Mine was sent back rooted and bootloader unlocked and apparently it is fixed and coming home today so i guess it doesn't matter, but cant be sure. I imagine the service centre's aren't too worried as they are there to change the housing which they will get paid for.

lawgone

Jan 24, 2011
Manila
Mine was sent back rooted and bootloader unlocked and apparently it is fixed and coming home today so i guess it doesn't matter, but cant be sure. I imagine the service centre's aren't too worried as they are there to change the housing which they will get paid for.

That's interesting. By the way, isn't it bootloader unlocking was legalized by Sony? Perhaps the reason why they accept yours?

Hanzo.Hasashi

Feb 12, 2011
Minas Tirith
It's a "hardware" issue, which has nothing to do with software so it doesn't matter if the phone is unlocked, rooted,even bricked.

Send from beneath my cloak of magic

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NEW THING ( A EMAIL OF SONY) :

Our Blogs Support Forum Facebook
    Hi radheck,

In regards to your inquiry about the reinforced housing for the Xperia™ arc, we have investigated the issue and we are happy to confirm this. We are using reinforced components to make the Xperia™ arc.

If you require more information, or have any other questions, please reply to us at SEAnswers.Us@Support.SonyEricsson.com, or our Twitter account at http://www.twitter.com/SEAnswers.

Best regards, Lidia Sony Ericsson Social Media Team

IF YOU LIKE , PICK THANKS
    If you have this crack and would like the front cover replaced you should contact your local support team for more info. Now days a improved front cover is being used.

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/corporate/common/contact/phonelist

The Arc S doesn't have the house cracking problem.
    Your welcome.

I must be honest, I also checked out other models and I then only found one that would interest me if I could choose a new one. And it would be the Samsung Galaxy S II... In the future maybe the Sony Xperia S. But I would wait a few months and see if it would suffer from the same problems as the Arc (s) ...

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
    I've contacted SE Belgium through facebook and they told me the crack is in fact a crack in the paint and doesn't affect the phone's safety...

Mine has also been sent for repair... still waiting though. Hope it's fixed permanently..

In Belgium your phone is repaired by Dynafix, so don't count on it getting repaired for free. But still, know your rights. In Belgium you have the right to DEMAND a free and instant replacement during the first 6 months after the purchase, unless they seller can prove you caused the problem by abusing your phone.

So, if it's not repaired, you can actually demand them to give you a new phone. Ask them if they have one in stock before you tell them you have every right to get a new phone.

And get a receipt. Your 2-year warranty period RESTARTS when you get a new device.

(warranty in Belgium is pretty awesome, shame nobody knows it)
    i have exact the same problem without dropping my phone -.- .

Pictures :

sam06252WKO9.jpg

sam0626JHYZJ.jpg

sam0628II9GC.jpg

that photo is identical to the crack on mine