By neldar, Retired Recognized Developer on 30th October 2010, 09:13 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th April 2012, 06:31 AM |#1091  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Only blink on missed calls
Yo neldar!

Love the app, great work.
Is there a way to set pro version only blink on missed calls. Getting so much messages and emails that i dont want it to react on those.

If not possible atm, would it be easily done as a new feature?

5th April 2012, 11:41 AM |#1092  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by samokko

Yo neldar!

Love the app, great work.
Is there a way to set pro version only blink on missed calls. Getting so much messages and emails that i dont want it to react on those.

If not possible atm, would it be easily done as a new feature?

You can disable it in your messaging/email app.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
6th April 2012, 04:35 PM |#1093  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Hi,

Could you enable the monitoring of the proximity sensor only when there is a notification to display ?

my prox sensor make a little red light, it doesn't seem to use a lot of battery (no wakelock) but I don't really see the point to have it if there is no notif, but maybe I missed something

Thanks !
6th April 2012, 07:49 PM |#1094  
Flag Hannover

More
Found a bug in the experimental "ringer mode". I use the "Silent/Vibrate" option. (bln off when in silent mode)

Case one:
When my gs2 is in silent mode with screen switched off and I have a message waiting that would normally trigger bln the buttons stay black as they should.
But when I switch the screen on and leave silent mode w/o reading the message first the buttons blink all the time. Switching the screen off and on again solves it though.

Case two:
Again gs2 in silent mode, screen switched off and I have a message waiting (no blinking leds). This time I switch the screen on, read the message first and then leave silent mode. Immediately the buttons start blinking all the time, stop blinking if I turn the screen off and start blinking again if I turn it back on and so on.
Entering silent mode stops it temporarily but the buttons blink again as soon as I leave silent mode.
Only switching bln off and back on in the app stops the blinking completely.

Can anyone reproduce this on another device?

Hope this helps fixing the bug.

Edit: I use Checkrom v6 and Siyah Kernel 2.6.14
8th April 2012, 06:17 PM |#1095  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 363

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatMaul

Hi,

Could you enable the monitoring of the proximity sensor only when there is a notification to display ?

my prox sensor make a little red light, it doesn't seem to use a lot of battery (no wakelock) but I don't really see the point to have it if there is no notif, but maybe I missed something

Thanks !

Your suggestion will be included with the next update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krytes222

Found a bug in the experimental "ringer mode". I use the "Silent/Vibrate" option. (bln off when in silent mode)

Case one:
When my gs2 is in silent mode with screen switched off and I have a message waiting that would normally trigger bln the buttons stay black as they should.
But when I switch the screen on and leave silent mode w/o reading the message first the buttons blink all the time. Switching the screen off and on again solves it though.

Case two:
Again gs2 in silent mode, screen switched off and I have a message waiting (no blinking leds). This time I switch the screen on, read the message first and then leave silent mode. Immediately the buttons start blinking all the time, stop blinking if I turn the screen off and start blinking again if I turn it back on and so on.
Entering silent mode stops it temporarily but the buttons blink again as soon as I leave silent mode.
Only switching bln off and back on in the app stops the blinking completely.

Can anyone reproduce this on another device?

Hope this helps fixing the bug.

Edit: I use Checkrom v6 and Siyah Kernel 2.6.14

Well, I found the reason for that behavior on the sgs2 and I will try to fix it with the next update.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to neldar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift neldar Ad-Free
10th April 2012, 06:52 PM |#1096  

More
Cool thanks :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
10th April 2012, 08:21 PM |#1097  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Great app! I don't know if it has been asked before, but is it possible to enable "smooth" blinking (like the notification led on a nokia E72 or the sleep light of a MacBook)? If it's possible to control the on/off behavior of the LEDs fast enough, you could use PWM for example.
11th April 2012, 12:18 AM |#1098  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak007

Great app! I don't know if it has been asked before, but is it possible to enable "smooth" blinking (like the notification led on a nokia E72 or the sleep light of a MacBook)? If it's possible to control the on/off behavior of the LEDs fast enough, you could use PWM for example.

Unfortunately it is a hack and there is no control on the way it is blinking
11th April 2012, 07:35 AM |#1099  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponpadour

Unfortunately it is a hack and there is no control on the way it is blinking

If the the LEDS can be switched ON and OFF very fast, Pulse-Width Modulation can be applied so it appears like they are blinking "smoothly" (like the sine in the following picture, but without negative values of course ).

http://masters.donntu.edu.ua/2007/fe.../art9/fig4.gif
12th April 2012, 10:47 AM |#1100  
Thanks Meter: 360

More
calendar notifier with ICS
Does anyone of you use the calender notifier together with ICS and BLN control app?

For me this combination was working fine with Gingerbread and I always got the LED Light on after a notification from the calender notifier app but with ICS this seems not to work anymore.

Can someone please check this and confirm?

Neldar,
do you have any idea of different app that makes the calender notification working together with BLN at ICS?

Thanks upfront.
12th April 2012, 10:50 AM |#1101  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,605

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by solar666

Does anyone of you use the calender notifier together with ICS and BLN control app?

For me this combination was working fine with Gingerbread and I always got the LED Light on after a notification from the calender notifier app but with ICS this seems not to work anymore.

Can someone please check this and confirm?

Neldar,
do you have any idea of different app that makes the calender notification working together with BLN at ICS?

Thanks upfront.

do you refer to this Calendar Notifier app (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1533401 )?
If your answer is "yes", i'm using in my S2 and i have BLN support (you need a compatible kernel, like Siyah, of course).
The Following User Says Thank You to bartito For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bartito Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)