Official ICS FOTA started

Search This thread

jacko5

Aug 25, 2009
Hayle
Quick question.
If my sensation xl is rooted will it still take the ICS update over the air ?
My phone also has the bootloader unlocked.
I keep checking for an update but nothing yet in the UK.

shingers5

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Quick question.
If my sensation xl is rooted will it still take the ICS update over the air ?
My phone also has the bootloader unlocked.
I keep checking for an update but nothing yet in the UK.

It states on disclaimer before unlocking bootloader that it may void warranty and you lose the opportunity to.receive future official updates. So no while bootloader is unlocked you won't but nothing out yet

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Reactions: jacko5

jacko5

Aug 25, 2009
Hayle
Thanks for your replies ;)
Ok so i have relocked the bootloader.
My phone is still rooted though.
Will my phone now find a software update if its available ?

shingers5

Inactive Recognized Contributor
ooops sorry it was a question i want to ask of if i relock my bootloader can then recive the update if it sent over the air? sorry for this

Oh sorry too lol. As far as I know relocking bootloader and flashing stock ruu should allow you to once again receive updates

Sent from my HTC One V using xda premium

jacko5

Aug 25, 2009
Hayle
Once again thanks for your replies.
I was already on stock rom.
I just unlocked bootloader and rooted the phone.
I have now relocked the bootloader ( still rooted though ).
Lets hope i get the over the air update :)

Last edited:

jMurr

Nov 1, 2009
Kiev
When boot unlocked you're unable to install stock rom (ruu).
It will stoped after boot in fastusb mode and can't flash images.
And recieve update through tha air (fota) you can only from stock rom (ruu).
So you need to lock boot, install stock rom and wait for update.
Support says to me: wait to the and of April.

nicky1980

Dec 9, 2008
Oostakker
When boot unlocked you're unable to install stock rom (ruu).
It will stoped after boot in fastusb mode and can't flash images.
And recieve update through tha air (fota) you can only from stock rom (ruu).
So you need to lock boot, install stock rom and wait for update.
Support says to me: wait to the and of April.

now is it end of april? grrr HTC why do not keep promise. there are sayed first of first quarter

ali magdy

Aug 21, 2011
cairo
I think that the only company which keeps it's promises is apple. Bec samsung and htc said that they will update galaxy tab and htc sensation Xl in the first quarter and nothing happen
But when apple said they will release OS 5 they released it at the date they said to all countries :-(

Alex-V

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 26, 2008
Hi all can you still get the update if you have unlocked boot loader?just asking cause my sxl boot loader is unlock thanks

same quesion...as every year :) not meant bad or so......please read in the thread...before posting...if you do this...you will find the answer...and...it say...no...

with kind regards

SULEY1

Nov 2, 2006
LA California
Well im sure everyone on this site can read that is why they log in so your reply is not appropriate and secondly when people reply to questions and dont explain them well how do you expect others to read and understand any way food for taught we are all here to help one another not to give smart answers my friend thanks anyway for the answer

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Official ICS FOTA for Ukraine is available now, but i have europian version so i`ll wait for someone will upload it

May be somebody already have it
    ooops sorry it was a question i want to ask of if i relock my bootloader can then recive the update if it sent over the air? sorry for this

Oh sorry too lol. As far as I know relocking bootloader and flashing stock ruu should allow you to once again receive updates

Sent from my HTC One V using xda premium
    update is not available till now, may be tomorrow

when i get it, i think i can make universal update.zip for any rooted device, only flash via recovery needed i think

still waiting for it
    i'd be wary of updating fota as you'll most likely lose root access, if you use it, and you might not be able to re root with the current method
    :mad: useless :mad: can't help myself anymore.... I sold my Dhd to buy SXL only because is going to get the update earlier and the damn thing is not even released....im gonna nuke my phone in the microwave and gonna buy One X cause I ain't having it anymore.....useless stuff only....people saing is out but actualy it isn't :mad: :mad: :mad: fed up of waiting :mad: :mad: :mad: