Post Reply Email Thread
3rd April 2012, 11:47 PM |#81  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 17

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by almararn

Is this just using wireshark to record the packets sent from my player to the LF device whilst using the remote buttons, and isolating the ones you want? Or something like that?

Hi,
yes this is exactly what needs to be done
  • Download and install wireshark from www.wireshark.org
  • Start wireshark before you start your LocationFree Player
  • Select "Capture->Interfaces"
  • Click Options in the line that show your Network Interface that is connected to the same Network as the LocationFree BaseStation

(You can verify this by looking at the IP Address. i.e. if you are connected
    directly to the Wireless Network of the BaseStation you need to select the line
    that says 172.29.71.???)
  • Click on "Capture Filter"
  • Click "New"
  • Select the last entry in the Capture Filter list (this is the one you just created by pressing New)
  • Enter "Location Free" as the Filter name
  • Enter "host ???.???.???.??? and port ????" as the Filter string where
    ???.???.???.??? means the IP address of your BaseStation and ???? means the
    NetAV port (usually around 5021)
  • Press OK
  • The Field right of the "Capture Filter:" Button should now contain your filter string
  • Press Start
  • Now start your LocationFree Player
  • Connect to your BaseStation and press the remote control keys in the following order
    1. Power
    2. Channel Up
    3. Channel Down
    4. Volume Up
    5. Volume Down
  • Disconnect from your BaseStation and go back to the Wireshark Window
  • Capture -> Stop
  • Right click on the first line in the Protokoll and select "Decode As"
  • In the Pulldownmenu select "destination (????)" where ???? should be the port you entered in the Filter string
  • In the list to the right select "HTTP" and press OK
  • Now some lines should become "light green". Search for the Line that says "GET /netav/message1 HTTP/1.1"
  • Right click on that line and select "Follow TCP Stream"
  • A new window should appear that Starts with "GET /netav/message1 HTTP/1.1"
  • Click "Save As" , save it to a file and send it to me

Michael

9th April 2012, 03:19 PM |#82  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Sky+ remote
I could'nt attach a file to a private message, so I'll just post this here.
I followed your instructions and got these files. Hope they work

The Sky boxes do not have volume control anymore, other than controlling the volume on the TV set. So I placed two files in this zip archive, one has the first 3 buttons:
  1. Power
  2. Channel Up
  3. Channel Down

The other one has 5 buttons, but added two usefull buttons, not sure that you want to use them as they do not mach the on screen icons. But they are:
  1. Power
  2. Channel Up
  3. Channel Down
  4. Next Program
  5. Record

Also included snapshots of the remote as it appears in the Location Free player.
Attached Files
File Type: zip sky_remote.zip - [Click for QR Code] (67.4 KB, 27 views)
9th April 2012, 05:27 PM |#83  
OP Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by almararn

I could'nt attach a file to a private message, so I'll just post this here.
I followed your instructions and got these files. Hope they work

Yes they work. I've just updated the free and the donation version to 1.0.7 to include the Sky+ remote.

I went for the 5 button setup for now until I support more buttons and diffrent layouts.

Greetings
Michael
The Following User Says Thank You to mgschwan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mgschwan Ad-Free
10th April 2012, 02:34 AM |#84  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
holy crap! great work! i've been looking for something like this for pocketpc since years ago but i've got an android phone now albiet a cheap 800mhz one so it may not work but so happy to have stumbled on this while searching around for a ntsc to pal converter for my locationfree unit for playback on my pc. i will be testing this out asap! if all goes well i'll wireshark my remote codes and make a nice donation! the word on this needs to get out as im sure there are thousands who want this app and will happily pay for it.
10th April 2012, 03:31 AM |#85  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Wow, that was quick.
Downloaded, tested and working like a charm, all 5 buttons
I thought it deserved getting the donation version.
Thanks.
25th April 2012, 01:44 AM |#86  
Flag TN

More
Thumbs up Excellent!
Streams nicely over wi-fi on my Verizon Galaxy Nexus but the on-screen remote is a blank white box. Still can't get it working on 3G/4G though... Great Job!
6th June 2012, 03:29 PM |#87  
Flag Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 4

More
This MIGHT be a noob question. But since Google Launched IPv6 today, I'm pretty sure my ISP will follow any day now since it's the largest in Texas. If I were using my IP address to connect to my base station, would I be alright typing in an IPv6 onto the place of "Base station address" and port?

I never really had MyNetAv working right
9th June 2012, 09:03 PM |#88  
OP Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChpStcksRlz

This MIGHT be a noob question. But since Google Launched IPv6 today, I'm pretty sure my ISP will follow any day now since it's the largest in Texas. If I were using my IP address to connect to my base station, would I be alright typing in an IPv6 onto the place of "Base station address" and port?

I never really had MyNetAv working right

I don't think that your ISP will deactivate your IPV4 address anytime soon since this would probably break so many services that their customers will simply go to another provider.

I think they will "add" the IPV6 address to your device so you can have IPv4 and IPv6.

However the question is quite interesting and as soon as someone has a router with a working IPv6 connection it would be great if they could let me test it to make the App IPv6 ready.

But that still leaves a problem with the Client side (your phone). Even if you have an IPv6 address at home you still need one at your Phone too. And what carrier provides them? I don't know.

Michael
11th June 2012, 05:11 AM |#89  
Flag Cheyenne
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishn4four

Streams nicely over wi-fi on my Verizon Galaxy Nexus but the on-screen remote is a blank white box. Still can't get it working on 3G/4G though... Great Job!

I also have a verizon galaxy nexus, it and all works perfect.
Can stream local and through 3G... The only issue that I have is the same as yours, and that is the on screen remote does not display the controls. I can click on the buttons (where I have seen them in screenshots) , and they do work - they just don't display. All I get is a blank white screen.
10th August 2012, 05:39 PM |#90  
Flag TN

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyzar

I also have a verizon galaxy nexus, it and all works perfect.
Can stream local and through 3G... The only issue that I have is the same as yours, and that is the on screen remote does not display the controls. I can click on the buttons (where I have seen them in screenshots) , and they do work - they just don't display. All I get is a blank white screen.

I have been flashing different ROMs to my phone and haven't messed with it in a while but I I thought I would try again today since I'm going on a trip soon.still can't get it streaming over the 3G/4G but if I switch back to using the Computer client software and use my phone as a hotspot it works perfect over the 3G/4G but as soon as I start using the phone app it's a no go unless I'm on my home network. Very strange. still trying to figure out the solution.....
4th November 2012, 07:35 PM |#91  
Flag TN

More
Remote Control?
Is there any chance we are going to see the remote updated for ICS or Jellybean support?

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

Are the remotes the same on the paid and the free version?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)