[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 alpha6: Android 4.0.4 for Samsung Epic 4G Touch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

garfnodie

Apr 2, 2008
Columbia, TN, USA
we can add a custom recovery to the rom. it's actually really really easy to do. we just don't because it protects users from bricking phones. to put it simple, in the leaked kernels, there's apparently a bug, which isn't cm exclusive. when formatting a partition, it can fail on a random occasion and mess up your partition table. that essentially hard bricks your phone. this is the reason we're not including a custom recovery in the kernels just yet. once we get kernel sources, our developers (or anyone else into kernel developing) can try and pinpoint that bug, patch and fix it.

Good to know. Thanks for the explanation.

Reactions: Frederick_1

mattykinsx

Jul 7, 2010
Reactions: krazyflipj

Gh0zt718

Jul 6, 2009
Allentown
G

GuestD0701

635b41c4-bc96-70d2.jpg

How's that for screen time! (1800 battery) actually had my screen turned up earlier, played a few games... Staying on CM9! Best rom out! End of story! :D

Note: This is from the first round too..

Last edited:

rizdog23

Apr 7, 2011
Pittsburgh
Anybody know how to add the on screen buttons? I use a skin on my phone that covers the hardware buttons and I love the look of the on screeners. That is the only thing keeping me on AOKP instead of CM9

rizdog23

Apr 7, 2011
Pittsburgh
I use one i custom-made on skinit. Its gunmetal grey....sorta resembles the gnex. I saw in the android section under development about Reloaded ICS but it only works on cm9 and i'd reallly love to enable the on screen buttons so i can theme them

jerdog

Admin Emeritus - Purveyor of word nuggets
I will post whatever I want. Deal with it.

The forum moderators have asked members to try to keep the community on track. Read around.

People need to stop attacking forum members that are just trying to keep order without pressing the report button constantly.

And I don't even want to hear that being nice and pointing in the right direction helps, it just encourages more laziness.

Thank you (and others) for your attempt to help. However, XDA's stance has always been - report posts, let us as moderators deal with them. Don't troll, which is what many are doing as an attempt to "keep order". Just report posts.

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ
Thank you (and others) for your attempt to help. However, XDA's stance has always been - report posts, let us as moderators deal with them. Don't troll, which is what many are doing as an attempt to "keep order". Just report posts.

do you really want us to report every post that asks how to fix gps, what the battery life like, How do I flash this rom, and all the other endlessly repetitive stupidity that is all over the dev section recently?

thanks for your help!

Reactions: mattykinsx

jerdog

Admin Emeritus - Purveyor of word nuggets
do you really want us to report every post that asks how to fix gps, what the battery life like, How do I flash this rom, and all the other endlessly repetitive stupidity that is all over the dev section recently?

thanks for your help!

Look at it this way - if you see a post that is violating the rules then report it. It will draw attention and posts will be dealt with.

If the post just assaults your sensibilities, let it be and move on. Don't feed the trolls.

agentfazexx

Aug 10, 2010
Maryland, USA
Weird bug with this ROM...if I have music playing, headphones or car stereo...when I get a notification, the music volume drops way down until I pause the music and hit play again.

Onumis

Nov 18, 2010
I’ve had a weird issue. My wifi worked fine for a few weeks now it won’t auto connect to the wifi networks I have setup. If I turn wifi off and back on it does but it won't unless I do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts