Thanks Meter: 32

By Taifuuni89, Senior Member on 4th August 2010, 08:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd February 2012, 07:27 PM |#251  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
black screen
hi guys!
I bought a new lcd screen + digitizer on ebay. Everything worked fine the first 3 months.
After a while the screen colours were wrong (means yellow was red f.e.). so I decided to open the phone again and to have a look if a cable is not sitting right and this might be the cause.

but now, my screen is black. I hear the sound when the phone is booting but I dont see anything.

do you think the screen is again destroyed?

28th February 2012, 10:47 AM |#252  
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4xi

hi guys!
I bought a new lcd screen + digitizer on ebay. Everything worked fine the first 3 months.
After a while the screen colours were wrong (means yellow was red f.e.). so I decided to open the phone again and to have a look if a cable is not sitting right and this might be the cause.

but now, my screen is black. I hear the sound when the phone is booting but I dont see anything.

do you think the screen is again destroyed?

It seems that this is the case.
You could try to reconnect everything, in case some dust caused a bad electrical connection.
2nd March 2012, 11:17 PM |#253  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Same screen as on i9001?
Edit:
Thanks for this thread. I managed to replace the screen on my i9001 because of it. I got the i9001 screen on ebay if anyone is interested.
10th April 2012, 08:32 AM |#254  
Flag Roma
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Thumbs up SOLVED with 6€ (only glass ) !!!
Tks "devonblue4u" : D

you were the only one with courage like me, and I read your post carefully before you venture into the place of "GLASS ONLY OUTSIDE".

I purchased the glass only by E-Bay about 6 € (arrived in about 10 days)

I wanted to say that with my method you put about 2 hours without disassembling the phone!

get yourself a micro optical screwdriver, something hard and plastic is not very sharp, knife and .... the [B] REMOVE SILICONE [/ B] spray ( 3€ ).

spray the spray along the edge of the glass of the phone until it starts to become unstuck from the edge of the glass and try to separate the edge, taking care to contacts of the lower part.

Once separated the plastic lip (helping with screwdrivers and plastic tool and cutter always being careful to touch the glass) to try to divide the 2 glass with the cutter and the spray (always doing dissolve the glue of the adhesive).

after removing all the broken glass, clean the glue touch the glass with alcohol and then remount the board appoggiateci pasting over the glass again with very little glue (I used bostik) being careful not to smudge the glass.
If you made ​​a mistake of gluing always use the "remove silicone" to remove the bostik (or silicon) clean and put the glue.

: D

Good luck.

Umby
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Umancini For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Umancini Ad-Free
12th April 2012, 09:35 AM |#255  
Thanks Meter: 59

More
really good thread, hope i never have to "use" it
13th April 2012, 04:22 PM |#256  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 67

More
Thanks devonblue4u
I would like to thank you, devonblue4u, for such a thorough description of the procedure. I searched a lot and asked a lot but not many have/had the guts to do it.

Congratz.
17th April 2012, 01:20 PM |#257  

More
@ Umancini & devonblue4u"

I´ve got the same problem. My Glass is broken, but the Screen is working fine. Did I get it right that you did not have to remove any cable or anything exept the Bezel and the Glass? So that it actually would not even be necessary to remove the back-cover? That sounds to easy.

I broke my glass really stupidly by using my teeth to get it out auf its safety bag due to my hands beeing in use for holding a beer. However, my canine tooth hit the glass right in the corner of the home button and seperated into 7 larger pieces and some minor.

So I would like to just replace the glass and the "outer edge" (it has got quiet some dents) but I´m still not sure how you exactly did it and would be pleased if you can give some further assistance.

Cheers, Fred

Edit: Additional question to anybody who did it. Would you recommend to buy Glass and bezel seperately or buy the package where it seems that the glass and the bezel are already bonded? Unfurtunateley I cannot post links, so this is the ebay article number: 280864899347
17th April 2012, 02:18 PM |#258  
Flag Roma
Thanks Meter: 3

More
buy the ebay article number: 280864899347
The Following User Says Thank You to Umancini For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Umancini Ad-Free
17th April 2012, 03:08 PM |#259  
Flag Yoshkar-Ola
Thanks Meter: 117

Donate to Me
More
Who has had the experience of replacing only the glass, without replacing the whole display? Where I can buy the original Gorilla Glass? Is it difficult to change it?
18th April 2012, 03:13 PM |#260  

More
@Umancini

Do you think this article will simplify the process of replacing the glass?

And you really did not need to unmount the phone? So the steps are:

- removing back cover
- spray silicone remover
- remove the edge carefully
- remove the shattered glass
- clean it all up
- add yome glue to the new glass and but it back on
- glue the (new) edge back to the phone

Am I right?

Cheers again
22nd April 2012, 04:40 PM |#261  

More
hi friends,

this thread is extremely helpful so far. thank you to all the contributors.

just one question, where can you get the silicone removal spray? any link or ebay article number would be much appreciated?

thank you
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)