Search This thread

oleg1981

Nov 20, 2009
Montreal
Screenshot_2012-04-04-13-36-36.png

Yes 3g always on

grognaz

Jul 15, 2010
Congrats for not using the device for 12 hours.... this is a joke?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA

gasduster

Apr 2, 2012
Pardubice
Aww guys, theese batteries sure does not have 2Ah+. In fact, you will be glad if it has capacity same as original, but I would expect it will be worse, sorry. Theese looks just like cheapest chineese batteries, writing another number on it doesn't change the capacity.

oleg1981

Nov 20, 2009
Montreal
What usage? I cant see any in your picture, thats almost idle the whole time...

what exactly you did not understood? with the same idle usage im geting about 50% with original battery! with this chinise about 80%.

iv updated to nova hd 35 and battery is usae is huge. in 9hourse to 20%. with original to 20% in about 6-7hourse.

grognaz

Jul 15, 2010
what exactly you did not understood? with the same idle usage im geting about 50% with original battery! with this chinise about 80%.

iv updated to nova hd 35 and battery is usae is huge. in 9hourse to 20%. with original to 20% in about 6-7hourse.

Your picture just does not tell anything about how long these batterys last. Idle tells nothing, the only real value is screen on time. And i dont see lots of that nor any other activity so the shot tells nothing, even if you "feel" that its so much better.

Mungulz

Oct 5, 2011
Sydney
Your picture just does not tell anything about how long these batterys last. Idle tells nothing, the only real value is screen on time. And i dont see lots of that nor any other activity so the shot tells nothing, even if you "feel" that its so much better.

Wow someone who actually gets it! Like you I too am a bit irritated by the "402 hours heavy use!" Claims, what is heavy, or light use? Post screen on time instead of clouding results with crap.

Sent from my Optimus 2X using Tapatalk

Bladedwings

Feb 23, 2012
If you're interested in testing/comparing two batteries to each other, you'll have to go about it in a different way. I think what these people are trying to get across to you, oleg, is standby/idle time is inaccurate. Although they didn't go about it in a very nice way and your observations are totally accurate about the usage, they're still correct. Let me try to explain it to you so we can all be on the same page.

I have two batteries - the stock one and one I bought as a backup to the stock one - which drain differently, but overall have the same usage. The stock drains at about 2-3% on idle, while the backup drains 1% every hour or so, so it seems like the replacement is better. However, after testing both of them, I've realized they are almost the exact same. Although you might notice a slower decline in usage in idle time, you might notice an incline in usage during those times when you're really using your phone; this was the case with my backup.

Pretty much if you want an accurate test, you're going to have to replicate a situation where you battery drains constantly and at a pretty decent rate. My method was:
Setup: Increase brightness to 100%, find a widget that disables screen timeout (I use "Screen Timeout Toggle"), put that widget on your home screen, find a CPU controlling application like SetCPU, and create a profile which makes the CPU run at the highest frequency for both Min and Max.

1. Completely discharge battery until phone turns off
2. Plug phone into outlet and turn it on (if it doesn't so on its own)
3. Wait until it reaches 100% and then wait another 20 minutes
4. Unplug phone and record the time
5. Quickly, toggle the widget to make your screen always on, enable that CPU profile which I mentioned in the Setup, and leave your phone on somewhere you can monitor it.
6. Once it reaches something below 5%, keep a closer eye on it
7. Once it reaches 1%, go to your battery graph and take a screenshot of both the battery usage distribution section, and the main graph that shows when your screen was on, etc.
8. Once your phone turns off completely, record that time.
9. Repeat for second battery

Unfortunately this method will eat up an entire day, and if you're someone who constantly gets messages/texts, you'll have to use airplane mode or something to keep external, uncontrollable factors from using up your battery.

Finally, when you review this, post your kernel/ROM/settings which you tested with, along with the screenshots for comparison, while also explaining everything.

Reactions: jolithan

oleg1981

Nov 20, 2009
Montreal
i understand what are you trying to say. but for me as every day user in the same way its not important as the fact that with original battery im coming home with 15-20%. and with that 40-50%. this is what important to me.

Bladedwings

Feb 23, 2012
Oh yeah, definitely, I totally understand that. However, for the purpose of a review, you have to admit that the information you're giving us isn't exactly helpful. That's not to say that your input is useless; as a matter of fact, you were one of the few people that experienced a significant increase in battery life, so that's actually interesting and supports the "these batteries are either hit or miss" theory that I've seen a few people mention.

Pretty much my point is that no one meant to question or judge you on how you use your phone; we merely just wanted to point out that for a battery review, better test conditions will be needed. Whether or not you are the one to give this review is completely up to you.

Are we all at an understanding now?

R0B3RTF1SH3R

can someone tell me is this legit

Model number: KGFL-53HN
Battery Type: Lithium Ion
Battery Capacity: 1500 mAh
Voltage: 3.7V
Wight:28g
Compatible with: LG Optimus P990

http://www.trademe.co.nz/mobile-phones/accessories/batteries/other/auction-465361143.htm

which is better i cant understand lower or higher # of mAh ( you would think higher right ) ?

---------- Post added at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 AM ----------

anyone have one of these

http://www.mugen-power-batteries.co...tery-for-lg-optimus-2x-p990-t-mobile-g2x.html

$109 really. thats like 5-6 times the replacement cost of stock batteries right?

miina_tokiha

Oct 4, 2011
Jakarta
after a few months testing this golden battery...
capacity is declining fast.
my original battery is far better.

original battery is still the best so far.
buy a few pcs & a charger if you need more battery time.
LG original battery only $10 in my country, sell directly by official LG store.
do not buy untested cheap 3rd party battery.
they're sucks!

shpapy

Apr 22, 2011
after a few months testing this golden battery...
capacity is declining fast.
my original battery is far better.

original battery is still the best so far.
buy a few pcs & a charger if you need more battery time.
LG original battery only $10 in my country, sell directly by official LG store.
do not buy untested cheap 3rd party battery.
they're sucks!

maybe ure sux and im sorry for that but mine works fine for 6 months already
this battery is touch and go some are good some are crap guess ures is the 2nd ....

miina_tokiha

Oct 4, 2011
Jakarta
maybe ure sux and im sorry for that but mine works fine for 6 months already
this battery is touch and go some are good some are crap guess ures is the 2nd ....

exactly what I meant.
sorry if I offend you.

you won't gambling with original battery.
if you feel your golden battery is great, that's good for you.
but try to put back the original battery in for a few days.

I'm just saying it's not worth the investment, if LG official store sell the original battery for $10 only.
exception if the original battery is really expensive in your country ($20-40).

EDIT: my golden battery actually lighter than original battery (which is impossible if the capacity is larger).
maybe I'm screwed like you said.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since i upgraded from my htc dream which had a custom japan made 2430 Mah battery iv been searching for the same thing for my O2x and iv found it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2430MAH-F...069?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2eb76a1fad

Its the same asize as the original battery so no gay larger backs for the phone just longer life and more time gaming and browsing, just dont buy them all ill be getting one in a couple of days.

Since they have the tech to put more power into small sized batterys it makes me wonder why these big phone makers dont use these higher capacity batterys instead of giving you some peice of **** that barely lasts a few hours of real use.
    Here is what's really inside

51f7a7ed-6217-37da.jpg

Sent from my LG-P990
    Most rechargable batterys are Li-ion....you know this means lithium right.... 9 out of 10 rechargable batterys use this tech including the stock and they do not explode when overcharged they have chips that stop them overcharging and even with the super cheap version iv never seen one that didnt come with this even cheaper overcharging chip.

But AGAIN i already said i tried one of those 2430mah batterys with my htc dream and the battery life was doubled from the stock battery and i regually overcharged the phone overnight....no explosion. How about we just wait and see what people who have ordered one report.

In case your brain cant comprehend what you are seeing but that guy intentianally made that battery explode and very likely took apart all the safety features before doing it.

My theory on why phone manufacturers dont use higher capacity batterys is cost they want to make the most profit from their phones so why pay higher prices for better batterys when they can get low capacity ones for dirt cheap prices and slap huge price tags on their phones, if they are paying mass stock prices of £8 per battery for 1920mah or 2430mah instead of £1-£2 for crap batterys then that adds up for each unit they sell. Less cost in production means more profit.

There's a level of respect and decor that you should maintain in this forum. It makes me wonder if you're some hired salesman from ECell, but that's just speculation and not an accusation.

For the people that ordered this battery, please do give a report of how this performed.Tell us about how hot it gets while charging, what are the battery stats like, and how much real time usage does it give you.
    We all ready know about the mugen power batteries, they are a bit over priced.

Yes they're more expensive, but I get full customer support and they DO DELIVER what they promised. Honestly, that's the best extended battery brand around, and when I say brand, I mean it. I ordered and will order more from these guys.
    well i have this battery and it has done it for me for over half a year already, after recently calibrating the battery, and i am using "[JB][CM10][Hackfest] CM10 for LGP990!" from Benee with Harsh's kernel, when i ordered this battery from ebay.co.uk together with two or was it three of the same batteries for HTC Desire HD all of them including me didn't need to recharge the phone doing the day compared to the stock one and they r still as good as back when i bought them.

So i dunno how much fake they actually r, bcs it's working for me and hope they will for the future aswell, but using a battery everyday ofc it does down performance wise all of them to do in time, some just faster than others, but with the price of max 10 pounds, i don't see the big yelling about why it don't work as good as the original, battery bcs u ain't using that one :D