miui gingerbread(test 1 uploaded)

Search This thread

kssood

May 3, 2011
Shimla
oh! actually forgot to tell it...this miui is a pure pure port from xuami(chienese phones have weird name so i forget them).....building from sources is waste of time.

late info: my bad :p

hacktrix2006

Jan 15, 2011
kssod is it ok to use some of your work in the MIUI port i am doing from the Wildfire S its more stable then. I can get it to boot Wifi bluetooth camera works and so does sound.

Apps will need resizing regardless but i am make some progress just look for permissions first like!

Scratch0805

Jun 18, 2011
Sheffield
I've resized the launcher so its more usable, it still needs some work but just thought I'd share it for anyone using this rom.
http://db.tt/uR5kYXMf

Remember the icons are designed for hdpi so you still have work to do with it as your icons will still need resizing. Once the whole rom is done then we can start resizing some themes. Also the text on the icons is just out of place, folders are a little out of line and built in Widgets wont work as they still need resizing too but its useable as a launcher now.

Once I've cracked the launcher I'll take a shot at resizing the framework and systemui so menus etc etc are lined up right. I love miui and am gonna try to help get this up and running a lot better than it does atm.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using xda premium

Reactions: kssood and 3xeno

hacktrix2006

Jan 15, 2011
Thanks scratch for that. Looking on a better base really Wildfire S seems more stable to port from then the Optimus rom.

Giving dev'ing a rest for a couple of days do many late nights!

Justice™

Jul 3, 2011
Thanks Scratch. I think I found where the icons are stored. I guess I resize each one down by 0.75? This was in the default theme mtz.

Scratch0805

Jun 18, 2011
Sheffield
Thanks Scratch. I think I found where the icons are stored. I guess I resize each one down by 0.75? This was in the default theme mtz.

What I do is download a theme, rename it to whatever.zip extract it, resize, then take whatever I want to use, say the icons for example zip the icons folder up
alone and drop it in /system/media/themes/default, delete the .zip, set permissions and owner then reboot.

hacktrix2006

Jan 15, 2011
I am still working on the rom don't worry i am trying to make it smooth running also Justice is doing app resizing as well. Please be patient!

Justice™

Jul 3, 2011
I am still working on the rom don't worry i am trying to make it smooth running also Justice is doing app resizing as well. Please be patient!

Temporary fix for the launcher has been found. So that makes this rom usable. It seems most MIUI-GB roms are getting the battery indicator fixed now.

Justice™

Jul 3, 2011
Hey, guys.
I was looking at the Galaxy Mini section for some reason and I found that they have a pretty good running MIUI ROM and since it's got the same resolution as ours, there should that many problems when porting.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1572381
I just thought I'd tell this to someone that knows a bit more than me :p

Looks like they got the launcher resized, will be a help. Might get a test build created tomorrow at some point. Thanks for posting the link!

hacktrix2006

Jan 15, 2011
Right if the samesung mini is the same screen size and is MDPI then i will port this over tonight and test on my phone and see how it goes.

I know i have been slow but i was trying to get the Wildfire S version smooth and couldn't get to to be smooth so i will give this version a bash.

Justice Keep a eye out on your PM over the next week mate when i give you them golden words again!

hacktrix2006

Jan 15, 2011
Right good new people i have now ported the Galaxy Mini Rom over to wildfire for MIUI i am now testing the rom fully.

So far all the icons are the right size which is good news.

I will now test the hardware side of things and test for FC's if it all works nice and i can make it a little faster then i will upload it as soon as i can.

Edit: If it all works i shell Make a New Topic for the Rom as well, i am sorry for the time its taken me on the other ports but that was due to me being new to development and i had to learn everything.

Edit 2: Right goodnews for everyone. I can now safely say that the rom is working on everything hardware as it should there is a few apps that need a slight resize but other then that we have a daily driver rom.

I will be uploading it for justice to have a look at first to see if anything can be done for the MIUI Camera app and the Carrier network search issue which places the word Null before the network name after that i will then upload it for everyone to use.

Please do not pester for ETA's Once its uploaded a new Topic will be opened with screenshots and Bug list etc it will be Classed as Beta till all bugs are ironed out completely.

I like to thank Siznex for his work on the Galaxy Mini, nejc121 for suggesting to use the Galaxy Mini Rom, Justice for his help and input.

I have also asked for Permission from Siznex and will not post the rom until i get the go ahead as i respect other devs hard work as well.

Edit: Credited wrong guy sorry!

Last edited:

rocker86

Aug 12, 2011
Kolkata
Right good new people i have now ported the Galaxy Mini Rom over to wildfire for MIUI i am now testing the rom fully.

I will now test the hardware side of things and test for FC's if it all works nice and i can make it a little faster then i will upload it as soon as i can.

Edit: If it all works i shell Make a New Topic for the Rom as well, i am sorry for the time its taken me on the other ports but that was due to me being new to development and i had to learn everything.

Edit 2: Right goodnews for everyone. I can now safely say that the rom is working on everything hardware as it should there is a few apps that need a slight resize but other then that we have a daily driver rom.

I will be uploading it for justice to have a look at first to see if anything can be done for the MIUI Camera app and the Carrier network search issue which places the word Null before the network name after that i will then upload it for everyone to use.

Please do not pester for ETA's Once its uploaded a new Topic will be opened with screenshots and Bug list etc it will be Classed as Beta till all bugs are ironed out completely.

I like to thank bravovn for his work on the Galaxy Mini, nejc121 for suggesting to use the Galaxy Mini Rom, Justice for his help and input.

I have also asked for Permission from bravovn and will not post the rom until i get the go ahead as i respect other devs hard work as well.
First of all Congrats...and thank you so much for your effort...our community will never ever die because of guys like you ,Erwinp, justice,ellia and may others who are giving their efforts to development.
Cheers and keep up the good work...looking for a new thread in the Dev section for MIUI GB :D

hacktrix2006

Jan 15, 2011
Thank you for your reply. Its nothing really personally i don't deserve credit all i have done is replaced a few files over to port the rom and booted it up to test it to make sure it works correctly.

Once Permissions are given and Justice has had a look at it to which Justice Look at your PM its got a gold coin in there for you i will then post it up with hopefully everything working correctly.

There is a few bits on Chinese language that needs sorting and a few apps need to have bit realigned.

Hopefully when its posted at the Dev section it will not get the I hate this rom routine because of this that and the other its not nice and some Dev i don't blame for stopping roms due to it.

How ever if you test it and there is a issue rather then ranting just mention it and it can be looked at also provide log.cats which is easy to do.

Whilst the phone is booting and it hits the Bootanimation then type
adb -d logcat

then copy and paste it to a .txt doc and upload it or paste it to pastebin and give us a link.

dud3me

Dec 9, 2010
Thank you for your reply. Its nothing really personally i don't deserve credit all i have done is replaced a few files over to port the rom and booted it up to test it to make sure it works correctly.

Once Permissions are given and Justice has had a look at it to which Justice Look at your PM its got a gold coin in there for you i will then post it up with hopefully everything working correctly.

There is a few bits on Chinese language that needs sorting and a few apps need to have bit realigned.

Hopefully when its posted at the Dev section it will not get the I hate this rom routine because of this that and the other its not nice and some Dev i don't blame for stopping roms due to it.

How ever if you test it and there is a issue rather then ranting just mention it and it can be looked at also provide log.cats which is easy to do.

Whilst the phone is booting and it hits the Bootanimation then type
adb -d logcat

then copy and paste it to a .txt doc and upload it or paste it to pastebin and give us a link.

Great news! Hope to see a thread on the dev section ASAP!

OT: Has anyone gotten instagram working on our wildfire? It isn't supposed to work so just wondering.

Justice™

Jul 3, 2011
Trying the latest build now. All I can say is, you'll love it. The perfect miui rom.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hey guys i was thinking to make a miui gingerbread port to wildfire.i already made on for lg optimus one and helped to get it working on galaxy ace.what i want is to show that our little tiny phones can also run it and are not so less as compared to hdpi phones.see my signature to get a look at miui ginger bread in optimus one

so what i need from u guys is some testers,bug reporters adn some suggesters.if u are ready just reply to this thread.

here is 1st download test it and tell me if it boots.make sure to back up your current rom.anyone intrested in taking this project from here and is a good resizer pm me.refer to mdroid's android central..its the easiest way to resize.

Regards kssood.

I like to thank Siznex for his work on the Galaxy Mini, nejc121 for suggesting to use the Galaxy Mini Rom, Justice for his help and input.

I have also asked for Permission from Siznex and will not post the rom until i get the go ahead as i respect other devs hard work as well.

Edit: Credited wrong guy sorry!
    I've resized the launcher so its more usable, it still needs some work but just thought I'd share it for anyone using this rom.
    http://db.tt/uR5kYXMf

Remember the icons are designed for hdpi so you still have work to do with it as your icons will still need resizing. Once the whole rom is done then we can start resizing some themes. Also the text on the icons is just out of place, folders are a little out of line and built in Widgets wont work as they still need resizing too but its useable as a launcher now.

Once I've cracked the launcher I'll take a shot at resizing the framework and systemui so menus etc etc are lined up right. I love miui and am gonna try to help get this up and running a lot better than it does atm.

oh snap! signed up :D