My 1st ROM-Need help

Search This thread

lolek74

Sep 10, 2007
Melbourne
My goal is to remove all unused applications from the ROM. I use surface kitchen (couldnt find anything else). I put Rom files into the Base ROM folder in the kitchen and used option 1. All finished ok. However when i start !COOK.cmd I cant see any packages (i can see them in the OEM folder) to select. In the readme file I found this:

3. Open !COOK.cmd and Buildos will open.

-Check/Uncheck the packages you want to add in the rom(if there are no things to check, add the option.xml file to each of the oem packs)
However I couldnt find any option.xml file. I checjked Wicki but there is only Kiser kitchen. I would love to use it for Diamond but I'm not sure if I can. So I'm stuck for now. If anyone could help me it will be great.

lolek74

Sep 10, 2007
Melbourne
Just tried it. It works ok. Just a quick question. How do I remove unwanted packages. Should I just remove them from the casserole folder?

Mujja

Aug 22, 2006
Hampshire
lolek74,

What do you mean by "My goal is to remove all unused applications from the ROM". Is that unused by yourself or do you mean to create a stripped down ROM removing as many apps as possible.

The later is what a few of us have been looking for and it would be great if you could create a ROM like that.

adwinp

Jun 22, 2008
urandom
lolek: r u Polish?
^.^

Anyways, after the "concat" part, you will have an OEM folder and a SYS folder in casserole.

Each package (nearly) is prefixed with package_diamond_xxx
Some of them have accompanying language/mui folders

You can delete any pair you don't like.

Be careful while removing SYS packages though, or OEM_prefixed packages.

lolek74

Sep 10, 2007
Melbourne
I'm not but my friend's wife is Polish and theirs children always watch bolek i lolek movie. Hence my nickname. I'll give a shot and report back tomorrow. Thank you.

skippydvd

Oct 31, 2006
i have a problem with extracting core files, file not found on the end
xip_e must be in casserole. but i can`t find it

adwinp

Jun 22, 2008
urandom
This usually happens if you're trying to extract a "protected" ROM like bepe's, DP, Swift or Dutty's.

skippydvd

Oct 31, 2006
ok, i try another rom thank you

i tryed several roms but have the same problem also from htc NLD

how can i get the right rom

Last edited:

lolek74

Sep 10, 2007
Melbourne
I have managed to remove some application. However After 1st boot I get message that Opera cant be find. Also how do I:
remove empty folder (games)
Update to Framework 3.5
update to latest OS.
Help highly apreciated.
I will make short tutorial for anyone who wants to try make their own rom.

Last edited:

Vic5870

Jun 2, 2005
I have managed to remove some application. However After 1st boot I get message that Opera cant be find. Also how do I:
remove empty folder (games)
Update to Framework 3.5
update to latest OS.
Help highly apreciated.
I will make short tutorial for anyone who wants to try make their own rom.

That tutorial would be very, very cool ! Good luck with you ROM making. Hope that you can finish it and share your steps with us wannabe cookers. Thanks in advance !

skippydvd

Oct 31, 2006
when i`m extracting system files
i get this message in the logfile
Error: ..\source\Part02.raw is not a valid IMGFS file. Exiting.

what does i do wrong.

adwinp

Jun 22, 2008
urandom
when i`m extracting system files
i get this message in the logfile
Error: ..\source\Part02.raw is not a valid IMGFS file. Exiting.

what does i do wrong.

Skippy:
the menu on the right is for rebuilding a dumped ROM (*.raw) whereas the left hand side options are for cooking a prebuilt .nbh

I guess you are trying to use the right hand side options for an nbh? This is why you get this error. OR, you didn't place Part01 and Part02.raw in the "source" folder.