11,611 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,377

By dexter93, Inactive Recognized Developer on 28th February 2012, 09:14 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th April 2012, 05:11 PM |#541  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Will this work for hboot 1.27 S-ON Unlocked with htcdev? Is save to try?
10th April 2012, 06:21 PM |#542  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomsniper773

Did you also try to format the SD card from within CM9? I forgot to mention that part, but I think that when i tried to format the new SD card, it might have actually formatted something in the eMMC (or the entire eMMC itself) leading it to not boot anymore. I'm no developer or anything, i'm just tossing ideas.

Yes, I also had been trying to format an SD card. I had formatted it on a PC, but apparently this didn't work, as OpenSensation was all "This SD card is damaged," I click the notification and it asks to format the SD card, and when I said yes, it would say "SD card is safe to remove." I fumbled around a little bit afterwards, trying various things (removed the SD card, reinserted it, tried to mount it as USB storage, etc) and nothing was working.

I decided to reboot the phone, and that was the last I saw of my sensation working.

I spoke to Dexter93 of the unbricking project on IRC, he seemed to think that his method (once released) will NOT be able to help us; when I plug my phone into USB under ubuntu, and look at dmesg, it lists the new hardware being connected but apparently should also list several storage partitions; my understanding, according to my conversation with Dexter, is that the fact that these partitions did not show up means his method won't work.

I will likely wait a few days and try it anyway before calling the insurance company (which I have to because there is also damage to the screen.)
10th April 2012, 06:49 PM |#543  
Flag UK
Thanks Meter: 206

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryB

Will this work for hboot 1.27 S-ON Unlocked with htcdev? Is save to try?

Yes if you do it properly it will work but as of safe it seems to be extremely complex even though they are trying to make it noob friendly so I would read over it a couple of times, I'm guessing if you muck up it won't end up well.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using XDA
10th April 2012, 11:14 PM |#544  
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmabeta

Yes, I also had been trying to format an SD card. I had formatted it on a PC, but apparently this didn't work, as OpenSensation was all "This SD card is damaged," I click the notification and it asks to format the SD card, and when I said yes, it would say "SD card is safe to remove." I fumbled around a little bit afterwards, trying various things (removed the SD card, reinserted it, tried to mount it as USB storage, etc) and nothing was working.

I decided to reboot the phone, and that was the last I saw of my sensation working.

I spoke to Dexter93 of the unbricking project on IRC, he seemed to think that his method (once released) will NOT be able to help us; when I plug my phone into USB under ubuntu, and look at dmesg, it lists the new hardware being connected but apparently should also list several storage partitions; my understanding, according to my conversation with Dexter, is that the fact that these partitions did not show up means his method won't work.

I will likely wait a few days and try it anyway before calling the insurance company (which I have to because there is also damage to the screen.)

Yep, that's exactly what I did. I tired taking the SD out an reinserting it, I tried remounting it, etc. It's a shame that it looks like this method can't fix this problem. In the interest of keeping a record and possibly some reseach, I booted up my LiveCD of Crunchbang and ran this dmesg. Towards the end it shows the Qualcomm device, but like you said, there's no mention of any partitions afaik.
11th April 2012, 08:29 AM |#545  
Flag Cameron Highland
Thanks Meter: 226

More
this will be done on fastboot?because i cant boot my fone
iam on hboot 1.27
s-off
11th April 2012, 08:59 AM |#546  
Flag Worthing, UK
Thanks Meter: 1,197

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kishen80

this will be done on fastboot?because i cant boot my fone
iam on hboot 1.27
s-off

when this comes its basically a method to access the phones hidden partitions on the emmc memmory and pretty much a copy and paste method to replace the unsecure hboot with a secure one so that the secure flag will allow phone to boot again.

hope that makes sense.
11th April 2012, 09:12 AM |#547  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 2,377

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawke84

when this comes its basically a method to access the phones hidden partitions on the emmc memmory and pretty much a copy and paste method to replace the unsecure hboot with a secure one so that the secure flag will allow phone to boot again.

hope that makes sense.

If only that was as easy as it sounds... This is the basic idea indeed, but there are also some extra important bits that can make a risky procedure if you don't pay attention... That's what we are trying to make easier.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dexter93 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dexter93 Ad-Free
11th April 2012, 09:48 AM |#548  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter93

If only that was as easy as it sounds... This is the basic idea indeed, but there are also some extra important bits that can make a risky procedure if you don't pay attention... That's what we are trying to make easier.

Thanks dexter.but please give us atime .for example unbreacking is comming lin a week or less than two week or less than amonth
I check for unbreacking many times a day.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluelove2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bluelove2 Ad-Free
11th April 2012, 10:30 AM |#549  
Flag Worthing, UK
Thanks Meter: 1,197

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter93

yes sorry i forgot to mention that in theory this is simple but as dexter says one wrong step i.e. incorrect partition selected then you wipe something vital and brick your phone forever with no chance of saving it.
11th April 2012, 10:32 AM |#550  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Can the Poll change? Make it Yes/No/Awaiting release ?
11th April 2012, 01:03 PM |#551  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 2,364

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluelove2

Thanks dexter.but please give us atime .for example unbreacking is comming lin a week or less than two week or less than amonth
I check for unbreacking many times a day.

Stop asking for a time. You ask every day. It will be done when it is done.

They aren't just writing instructions. They are making the software you need and the operating system you need as easy to manage and use for non technical people as possible.

This is done in their spare time. They have lives and jobs that come first.

I know it sucks if you have a bricked phone. Subscribe to the thread and wait til the title changes then you will know it is up

Sent from my Sensation in UrQuan subspace
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Kohr-Ah For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kohr-Ah Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
a total joke, brick, dexter93 is awesome ;), download, lame, mode, m_t_m is da bestest, qhsusb_dload, qpst, sensation, unbrick

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)