FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[tool] ADB-fastboot without SDK bulk (windows)

1,771 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,144

By Blue6IX, Senior Member on 11th April 2012, 02:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I put together a package with the bare minimum you need to use ADB or fastboot. At about 736kb I think it's exactly what most non-dev power users need.

(windows machine)

You don't need to install the entire SDK just to get the ADB or fastboot tools - all you need is what's here.

doubleshot_adb-fastboot.zip
Download Link
MD5: 47e72c0a2e2c1caaabd95b5df83e8913
Size: 736.03 KB

I also included a command prompt .bat file (Command.bat) so that when you unzip the archive to a folder, open that folder and double-click the Command.bat file and it will open you up to a command prompt already in the folder with the tools, wherever it is.

No more typing in some annoying CD command to get to the directory with the tools - simply open the folder (wherever it is at the time) and run Command.bat.

You will be ready to just dive right into ADB or fastboot commands (which is all you want, anyway, right?)

You will need the fastboot drivers for the doubleshot installed if they are not - get them here:

HTCDriver.exe
Download Link
MD5: 7fe1a01a816722718c6d369a3dc49166
Size: 13.08 MB

...and these are the same drivers that originally came on the SDcard of the doubleshot when you first got it. If you lost them, you can grab them again.

Really shines just sitting on a thumb drive or in a folder on the doubleshot itself - quick and easy to copy to any windows PC you happen to be at and need to use the tools on.

Enjoy!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Blue6IX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Blue6IX Ad-Free

20th August 2012, 07:35 PM |#2  
Flag Port Of Spain
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Would really like to get this but... The links don't work..
The Following User Says Thank You to epolaris For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift epolaris Ad-Free
21st August 2012, 04:01 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by epolaris

Would really like to get this but... The links don't work..

I didn't know my goo works were down.

I will see about looking into this sometime this week.

Sent from a digital distance.
21st August 2012, 12:54 PM |#4  
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 2,812

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue6IX

I didn't know my goo works were down.

I will see about looking into this sometime this week.

I think everyone's Goo account was wiped clean too :banghead:

Sent from my HTC MyTouch 4G Slide running MikTouch
21st August 2012, 02:40 PM |#5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Valley View, TX
Thanks Meter: 1,184

Donate to Me
More
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=928370
similar to this
The Following User Says Thank You to mattlowry For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mattlowry Ad-Free
22nd August 2012, 11:40 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by strapped365

I think everyone's Goo account was wiped clean too :banghead:

Sent from my HTC MyTouch 4G Slide running MikTouch

I've been out of touch since april - what happened

I haven't tried to log into goo since then, or even more then just popping tapatalk open for 5 mins or so on a break here and there.

Finally catching up with work enough to start spending some limited time around here again, whatever was lost of mine I'll try to get back up.

The Following User Says Thank You to Blue6IX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Blue6IX Ad-Free
22nd August 2012, 12:45 PM |#7  
Flag Cleveland, Tn
Thanks Meter: 1,006

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue6IX

I've been out of touch since april - what happened

I haven't tried to log into goo since then, or even more then just popping tapatalk open for 5 mins or so on a break here and there.

Finally catching up with work enough to start spending some limited time around here again, whatever was lost of mine I'll try to get back up.

Yeah, unfortunately they didn't back their OWN servers up & when it went down, it just evaporated. That was one of the main reasons I put up that giant "mirror site" here in the General Section. It can't help everyone but at least it will replace alot that was lost that was linked here on XDA. It's a REAL shame it happened like it did.
The Following User Says Thank You to WeekendsR2Short For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift WeekendsR2Short Ad-Free
22nd August 2012, 01:12 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendsR2Short

Yeah, unfortunately they didn't back their OWN servers up & when it went down, it just evaporated. That was one of the main reasons I put up that giant "mirror site" here in the General Section. It can't help everyone but at least it will replace alot that was lost that was linked here on XDA. It's a REAL shame it happened like it did.

Egads...didn't know it happened, here I was thinking all my stuff was still available.

I'm trying to get home this weekend, I have an ancient desktop that runs well, just not very fast. I'll grab that and drag it around with me on the road until I get things sorted and see what I have, also see about using it to get some very minor dev done.

Can't promise anything right away, but i'm definitely focused on getting anything i've got back online. Like I said in your mirror thread, feel free to get anything i've done mirrored - just make sure people know it was my stuff is all I ask.

Anyone recommend any hosting sites? I really don't have time to go find something like goo - trying to tap the community here for anything along those lines that have been discovered - thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
22nd August 2012, 01:20 PM |#9  
Flag Cleveland, Tn
Thanks Meter: 1,006

More
MediaFire is one that quite a few people use and seems to do a fairly smooth download but I haven't personally had any hosting experience with them. YET. There may be some better suggestions from some of the more experienced guys around here though.

And don't worry......I always give proper credit to you guys that have done so much for our DS community as well as all the others. At least I DO try my best to have no omissions and if I discover one I will make it right. Just trying to do my share in the only way I know at the moment.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)