FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Top Tech YouTubers Review the OnePlus 6!

[9001][KERNEL][GB] SkyHigh V1.5 [Updated 08-02-13] [Additional BigMem edition]

247 posts
Thanks Meter: 641

By skywalker01, Senior Member on 20th March 2012, 12:54 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th April 2012, 03:07 AM |#351  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabsau

Hey skywalker,
I do not know if you like challanges but if you search for one try to get bln support in your kernel. If you succeed I would love you! (which I do at the moment anyway ) [no-homo]

Here is a tutorial which may help you:
Tutorial

thanks in advance

greetings fabsau

This tutorial is for the samsung s5p6442 hardware. Except for the display we don't have any samsung hardware at all, mostly qualcomm and some others, so it won't be of any use.

I actually wonder if arco68 got BLN to work on the i8150. Did anybody ask him already ?
The Following User Says Thank You to skywalker01 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift skywalker01 Ad-Free

11th April 2012, 03:56 AM |#352  
Flag Frankfurt
Thanks Meter: 294

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalker01

This tutorial is for the samsung s5p6442 hardware. Except for the display we don't have any samsung hardware at all, mostly qualcomm and some others, so it won't be of any use.

I actually wonder if arco68 got BLN to work on the i8150. Did anybody ask him already ?

Thanks for your reply...
Sorry for the wrong tutorial I thought it could help you maybe a little bit, but forget it...
But the most important do you want to give it a try? If not, do not make big thought about dissapointing someone, you are and will ever be a good dev for our phone...
I searched in the i8150 forum for "bln" and I found only posts like mines, so I guess there is no bln support for the 8150

greetings fabsau
11th April 2012, 02:46 PM |#353  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Hi skywalker, in your kernel v1.4d you solved SD card problem but for me the battery life is not as good as 1.4 so can you check the changes you made try to fix it? Others also can compare it and see the difference in battery life and comment on it.

Thanks!
11th April 2012, 02:56 PM |#354  
Flag >>>>Ansbach<<<<
Thanks Meter: 2,882

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by addisuw

Hi skywalker, in your kernel v1.4d you solved SD card problem but for me the battery life is not as good as 1.4 so can you check the changes you made try to fix it? Others also can compare it and see the difference in battery life and comment on it.

Thanks!

I have a 32GB card and the problem is still there... ((
11th April 2012, 04:20 PM |#355  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rom_Tester

I have a 32GB card and the problem is still there... ((

addisuw already told you in post #333 what to do in this case: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=333

And since you seem to be the only one who still has this problem with V1.4d I'm not completely sure if this is still related to the kernel. Did you already try to reflash V1.4d for example ?
11th April 2012, 04:26 PM |#356  
Flag Kosice
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Hello, can you change GPU Frequency ?
11th April 2012, 04:27 PM |#357  
Flag >>>>Ansbach<<<<
Thanks Meter: 2,882

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

addisuw already told you in post #333 what to do in this case: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=333

And since you seem to be the only one who still has this problem with V1.4d I'm not completely sure if this is still related to the kernel. Did you already try to reflash V1.4d for example ?

Yes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sent from galaxy s plus
-1,8ghz
-MoonRom 4
-skyhigh kernel 1.4d
-ics theme 4.0 by RavoxX
11th April 2012, 04:44 PM |#358  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by addisuw

Thanks!

As you might have noticed in the changelog sleep mode was the problem that caused the sd card trouble on some phones. And sleep mode is directly related to battery life. So every change in sd card power management will bring back the instability issue, at least on the affected phones.

So you have to decide if you want the longest battery life which means shutting down WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, 3G and so on and removing the sd card completely from your phone or if you want to use any of the features that all come for a price which is battery consumption

And yes, most of our phones even work flawlessly with V1.4, but that's something I can't influence and I already explained it in post #190: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=190

Or in other words: sorry, but I see no reasonable possibility to combine that for your specific device without introducing the sd card error again.

All others - ie. those who never had a sd card issue - can stick with V1.4 if the battery life is really significantly better (I can't agree on that for my phone) AND if they don't care to sacrifice stability and safety for performance and endurance.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to skywalker01 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift skywalker01 Ad-Free
11th April 2012, 08:50 PM |#359  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:

As you might have noticed in the changelog sleep mode was the problem that caused the sd card trouble on some phones. And sleep mode is directly related to battery life. So every change in sd card power management will bring back the instability issue, at least on the affected phones.

So you have to decide if you want the longest battery life which means shutting down WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, 3G and so on and removing the sd card completely from your phone or if you want to use any of the features that all come for a price which is battery consumption

And yes, most of our phones even work flawlessly with V1.4, but that's something I can't influence and I already explained it in post #190: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=190

Or in other words: sorry, but I see no reasonable possibility to combine that for your specific device without introducing the sd card error again.

All others - ie. those who never had a sd card issue - can stick with V1.4 if the battery life is really significantly better (I can't agree on that for my phone) AND if they don't care to sacrifice stability and safety for performance and endurance.

well this is all I wanted to know and it's also the most reasonable answer. There should be always a compromise between performance and battery life. We can't ask more of you skywalker than you did until now so anyone with a problem should take his/her own decision.
Thanks man!
Sent from my GT-I9001 using xda premium
13th April 2012, 01:34 PM |#360  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Car Charger not works
Hi, the car charger is not working with SkyHigh (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1432587).

Is it possible to solve this problem? I use i9001 for sygic and i need car charger connected for long travel.

Thanks, bye.
13th April 2012, 02:32 PM |#361  
Thanks Meter: 3,773

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceas

Hi, the car charger is not working with SkyHigh (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1432587).

Is it possible to solve this problem? I use i9001 for sygic and i need car charger connected for long travel.

Thanks, bye.

If I'm not wrong the car charger doesn't work in any custom kernel. So if you want to use a car charger then you need to stick to the stock kernel.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using xda premium
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
9001, galaxy, kernel, sgs+, skyhigh

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)