[Q] Uses for bricked X2...

Search This thread

jsgraphicart

Nov 25, 2011
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Ok, just to check my rationale: I'm going to create a Nandroid, to the SD, but I should download CM7 to my PC and install it that way so as not to lag or cause any complications with the X2. Correct?

Flashing a rom for the first time is a process. You need to root your device, install bootstrap recovery, place the cm7 zip on your sd card and flash it in bootstrap recovery.

Ok, just to check my rationale: I'm going to create a Nandroid, to the SD, but I should download CM7 to my PC and install it that way so as not to lag or cause any complications with the X2. Correct?

No
Make nandroid. Save to external is usually what I do, but it doesn't matter, as long as you don't format either SD card u won't lose the file.
Then download the cm7 rom zip
Put the zip file on external SD card
Follow instructions from cm7 thread on installation.

signature: 404 error

PotentChili

Jan 5, 2011
Okay okay wait, this post has given me more info than reading the dev forum. So let's say I root my Minestone X2 (GB 2.3.6) from ACS (some Alaska company) with this, what would be the next things I should do in order to successfully backup my device and then install a ROM from the dev forum?

Last edited:

MathiasKnight

Apr 10, 2012
Austin
www.madthumbs.com
Penstin that

Okay okay wait, this post has given me more info than reading the dev forum. So let's say I root my Minestone X2 (GB 2.3.6) from ACS (some Alaska company) with this, what would be the next things I should do in order to successfully backup my device and then install a ROM from the dev forum?

I just did this successfully for the first time myself, thanks in full to this forum and these guys, but its all right here in this thread. Half of the fun, to me anyway, is doing the research and getting it done on my own. I'm giving you this fulfilling gift, but if you don't have it by tomorrow I'll hook it up. You can learn anything from these guys, its all here....

CadenH

Sep 26, 2011

There are no roms for 2.3.6 yet. Hopefully you will see one sometime soon, but there are none at this time. You can install bootstrap recovery from the stickies in the dev section. Then make a backup. I've created a 1% battery mod for 2.3.6 that you can flash using the recovery in the apps section.

sent from my TF Prime using XDA premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Have you tried SBF'ing it back to stock using RSDLite?
    Hey guys, I think I'm in trouble. Two weeks ago I got an X2, and soon after discovered the Modding and Root world. Needless to say I ended bricking with Rom Manager. Obviously a user error... Anyway, I was wondering if there might be somehow I could use the memory on the phone as an external hard drive or something. Could I install the zipped .sbf file to SanDisk, and if I find a way to get back in to recovery....you see where I'm going with this.

Thanks again

Have you tried following my tutorial on SBF? Try holding the Volume Up button and see if you get to the "Starting RSD" (or something like that). You should be able to SBF from there.

The link is in my signature or here: HowTo: Perform a SBF ("factory restore") of your Motorola Droid X2

Ciao!
    No not fast boot
    That shows when u press power and volume down together(u need to hold both buttons down)
    Instead
    PRESS POWER BUTTON AND VOLUME UP AT SAME TIME and hold them BOTH for about 10seconds. U should see "starting RSD protocol..." at the top of ur screen
    If u don't then u probly need to charge ur battery
    Also
    We have NO WAY to over clock due to our locked bootloader. You need to be able to install a custom kernel to be able to over clock and we can't do that.
    I recommend not to try any mods or anything outside of this DROIDX2 development forum(don't even use stuff made for original X it will mess ur phone up. And definitely stay away from atrix, photon, etc...even if something says "universal mod/tweak/hack" its most likely gonna break ur x2 cuz the x2 is just a finnicky ass phone lol)

Good luck!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6
    Yeah, you're right! Still new to threading! I was able to initialize DSP Restore, but I didn't have bootstrap prior to the crash, but beca use the X2 was now recognized I could push the .sbf using DSPlite. Then, once the nano was open I just factory defaulted, because my service wasn't recognized by my carrier.... And they all modded happily ever after. I do have a question though: what do you think about trying the root again and instead of manually removing the fluff programming I get a manger to take care of it? This thing is factory pure right now. Btw, I'd like to call attention to where this is being posted from. That is called success...thanks again.

There is a list in this forum from a long while ago that has what's safe to remove and what isn't.
    But the easiest thing u could do is to flash either eclipse, molten, liberty , or cm7
    They will pretty much get rid of ALL the bloat that is safe to remove and cm7 will even remove ALL the blur skin along with bloat and give you an AOSP experience with your device

signature: 404 error