it's not working. sgy stock kernel do not have /proc/config.gz and gcc version in arm-2011.03 not compatible with other precompiled module.
this is work for me
1. linux box 32 bit with working gcc. you can use real linux machine or virtual machine
2. Sourcery G++ Lite 2009q3-68 toolchain for ARM EABI from http://www.codesourcery.com/
(Linux version without installer arm-2009q3-68-arm-none-eabi-i686-pc-linux-gnu.tar.bz2)
3. mkbootimg with md5support. got it from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=241
. credit to harish2704
4. split_bootimg.pl (google it)
5. kernel source from http://opensource.samsung.com
. i use GT-S5360_GB_Opensource_Update2.zip
6. stock boot.img (or from your custom kernel).
1. make folder "sgy" in your home. the result is folder "/home/<yourname>/sgy". <yourname> is your linux user name, and from now replace <yourname> with your user name. put all file you already download there
2. extract "GT-S5360_Kernel.tar.gz" from "GT-S5360_GB_Opensource_Update2.zip". put also in "sgy" folder
3. open terminal emulator and go to your working path with command
4. extract your compiler with
tar -xvf arm-2009q3-68-arm-none-eabi-i686-pc-linux-gnu.tar.bz2
5. create folder "kernel" and extract kernel source there
tar -xvf ../GT-S5360_Kernel.tar.gz
you got 2 folder, "common" and "modules"
6. open folder "common", there is file "Makefile". open with text editor and find line with content "/opt/toolchains/arm-eabi-4.4.3/bin/arm-eabi-". replace with "/home/<yourname>/sgy/arm-2009q3/bin/arm-none-eabi-", don't forget replace <yourname>.
7. in terminal goto folder "common" and load default config for sgy
8. if you want change you config run
9. if you ready to build then run
or if you have dual core cpu and want to make it faster
10. when complete and no error appear, copy your kernel to "sgy" folder
cp arch/arm/boot/zImage ~/sgy
11. extract ramdisk from your boot.img
perl split_bootimg.pl boot.img
you got "boot.img-kernel" and "boot.img-ramdisk.gz". move "boot.img" and "boot.img-kernel" to other place.
12. repack your new kernel and ramdisk. but first get md5sum of your new kernel
you got something like
you need that "1fd319aa60abc2abae2e5932bcb9fc77" write it or copy to text editor. you need run it every time compile new kernel
chmod +x mkbootimg
./mkbootimg --kernel zImage --ramdisk boot.img-ramdisk.gz --base 0x81600000 --kernelMD5 <your md5sum result> -o boot.img
14. make odin flash-able
tar -cf boot-sgy.tar boot.img