Yahoo mail working from stock email app

Search This thread

BurekUSvemiru

May 19, 2010
Ok, so I just wanted to share little-something with you guys here at XDA :)

As you probably know adding Yahoo mail from stock EMail app will not get you anywhere... BUT what I found working is next:
1) Go to Social hub app;
2) Add account type "other";
3) fill in your yahoo mail settings;
4) and yep, it will pass verification :)
5) yahoo mail will be automatically added to EMail app;
6) use your Yahoo mail without need for installing other email client :)

Greetings!

Reactions: koko6600

gavinfabl

Mar 23, 2005
Dartmoor
gavinsgadgets.com
I had no issue setting Yahoo up. If you use the default app auto setup it uses pop email. Don't use this use the manual option and setup as an imap email account. The settings are available with a quick google.

BurekUSvemiru

May 19, 2010
i tried adding yahoo in def mail client using auto and it didnt work. when added in described way auto gives samsung.imap.mail.yahoo.com for incoming mail client. so, this is quick way of adding yahoo without need for manual settings. i use yahoo as secondary email so this does the job.

gavinfabl

Mar 23, 2005
Dartmoor
gavinsgadgets.com
When you mean default , I meant Samsung default email app. I used settings as Imap.mail.yahoo.com and smtp.mail.yahoo.com.

I then setup gmail and hotmail manually using the Microsoft exchange options and also had push email too if wanted.

So default Samsung email app works really well without using Google email app.

fabu09

Jan 11, 2012
I use the yahoo mail app for my note, I would love to use the stock email app but it does not support push notifications and I don't think its on yahoo's part for the push notifications as on my ipod I use the mail app and its push notifications work fine with my yahoo account so I'm thinking its the stock app that doesn't support push notifications and hopefully the email app has push notifications on ICS

Composed on my Samsung Galaxy Note using XDA Premium app

joshthehappy

Dec 14, 2007
I use the yahoo mail app for my note, I would love to use the stock email app but it does not support push notifications and I don't think its on yahoo's part for the push notifications as on my ipod I use the mail app and its push notifications work fine with my yahoo account so I'm thinking its the stock app that doesn't support push notifications and hopefully the email app has push notifications on ICS

Composed on my Samsung Galaxy Note using XDA Premium app

Yup, hoping the same, i like the layout of the stock app, would like the same.

---------- Post added at 03:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 AM ----------

Look how long ago my last post was, based on my old signature.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok, so I just wanted to share little-something with you guys here at XDA :)

As you probably know adding Yahoo mail from stock EMail app will not get you anywhere... BUT what I found working is next:
    1) Go to Social hub app;
    2) Add account type "other";
    3) fill in your yahoo mail settings;
    4) and yep, it will pass verification :)
    5) yahoo mail will be automatically added to EMail app;
    6) use your Yahoo mail without need for installing other email client :)

Greetings!