[RADIO SPARK_W] SparkW Radio Collection (Verizon Trophy CDMA) [Updated 04-14-2012]

Search This thread

TheXev

Aug 12, 2010
Corry PA
The following radios are for Spark_W (Verizon Trophy CDMA) only. Do not attempt to flash these to a GSM Trophy (meaning any Trophy NOT branded by Verizon Wireless).

To flash these radios, you must already have HSPL installed! Click here to find out how!

You only need to pick the radio you want, and flash it. That is all that is required.

I have been able to successfully extract the original shipping radio, and the radio update for Mango (v1) to files that can be flashed to the Spark_W (Verizon Trophy CDMA) without flashing an entire rom. This is really nifty for when you downgrade your SPL to 1.03 using the method described in my downgrade thread, and you are forced to use the shipping radio. Now you have the option to flash a newer radio (and for myself, the v1 Mango radio works much better than the shipping NoDo radio).

To check what radio you currently have installed on your phone, you can either enter the bootloader by shutting down your phone, then pressing vol-down + power when starting the phone, or by navigating to Settings=> About Phone=> More info.

In my own personal testing, I did not get any factory reset by flashing these radio files. If your phone factory resets flashing these radios, navigate to Settings=> About Phone=> More info and post what hardware version you are using. All testing on my own phone was done on hardware revision 003.

The flashing software included with these radio's is a newer version that doesn't ask a bunch of questions! Once you have put your phone into bootloader mode, run the ROMUpdateUtility.exe and it will automatically start flashing the radio to your phone!

Spark_W Radio list (last updated 04-01-2012)
Code:
[U][URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?2ub84tf2wjhu8jf"]1.52.00.03.28_23.15w.05.06U[/URL][/U]
[B]Original shipping radio with NoDo.
If you used the SPL downgrade method, you will probably have this radio.[/B]
[U][URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?36ggslri0imb34o"]1.53.00.08.02_23.16w.05.06U[/URL][/U]
[B]First Mango shipping Radio.  ([U]Mango v1 Radio[/U])[/B]
[U][URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?ag799fso0i1445c"]1.53.00.12.01_23.17w.05.13U[/URL][/U]
[B]Second Mango shipping Radio.  ([U]Mango v2 Radio[/U])[/B]
[U][URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?9z6u8gqba38vwp4"]1.53.00.02.15_23.17w.05.13U[/URL][/U]
[B]Third Mango shipping Radio from official 8107 rom.  ([U]Mango v3 Radio[/U])[/B]

I hope for those of us already testing custom HSPL roms on Spark_W that this will be a huge help. I personally get much better reception all around with the later radio (at least in CDMA). Please feel free to comment on CDMA/GSM reception of each radio, etc!

I am surprised no one has created a thread like this for Spark GSM radios. The method of extraction is simple. (Use OsBuilder to extract rom image. In settings put SPAW1000 ID and check radio.nb and uncheck os.nb. Build rom.. on other phones you'd replace the ID with whatever is required).

Now, get testing these radio's out and give feedback! :)

*edit* I'm not sure if Mango v2's drivers included a radio update. I will have to flash back to stock and confirm sometime this week, unless someone running and up-to-date stock rom can tell me?

*edit 2* [04-01-2012] It's not joke, I added Mango v2 radio. Best radio I have used so far.

*edit 3* [04-14-2012] Added Mango v3 radio from 8107 official Verizon rom (RUU_Spark_W_S_VERIZON_WWE_2.04.605.02_Radio_NV_0215_NV58008_RELEASE.exe available in football's rom thread). Yes, I know the version number is lower and it isn't a typo this time! That is the reported version! It's also notable that this radio is larger in size then previous versions!

Last edited:

bman212121

Dec 8, 2011
Yes there is a newer radio with the Mango V2 Drivers.

OS Verison: 7.10.7720.68
Firmware revision number: 2305.13.20110.605
Hardware revision number: 0003
Radio Software Version: 1.53.00.12.01_23.17w.05.13U
Radio hardware version: 3.23.D4
Bootloader version: 2.1.230513.10
Chip SOC version: 2.3.0.5.13

Reactions: TheXev

TheXev

Aug 12, 2010
Corry PA
It's no joke, I added the v2 Mango radio today. I didn't realize that Football had released a Mango v2 official rom, so I extracted it from that.

ken52787

Aug 22, 2009
Thanks for these. Bumped my phone up to Mango v2 yesterday without any problems. Whether my reception improved or not, I can't tell, but it certainly didn't get worse so hooray!

Minor thing: you typoed the version number of the Mango v2 radio. It's 1.53..., not 1.52...

Reactions: TheXev

TheXev

Aug 12, 2010
Corry PA
Fixed on both link and filename on mediafire. Thanks.

football just released a brand spankn' new stock rom. I'm going to see if it has a new radio (Mango v3 radio?).... lets see.

winger46146

Oct 28, 2008
SPL downgrade

If you do the SPL downgrade, do you have to install the radios in order or can you jump right to mango v2?

TheXev

Aug 12, 2010
Corry PA
The radios' flash just like roms, so you do not need to install each one at a time. Pick the radio you want and install. ;)

As a side note, I have attempted to install the Mango v3 radio using this method recently, but no luck. I'll have to take a closer look this weekend when I have time.

Last edited:
Reactions: gpost104

TheXev

Aug 12, 2010
Corry PA
Newest Mango v3 radio posted from official 8107 rom. I have no clue why the versioning is a lower number, i checked and rechecked to make sure it was correct!

My personal experience so far, is that this radio performs similar to Mango v2.

gpost104

Apr 4, 2012
Yeah, I saw that lower number and wondered why I would want that, but if it's from the official release, I guess I'll try it. Thanks for your work.

TheXev

Aug 12, 2010
Corry PA
Yeah, worst case scenario is that you can switch back. Since flashing a different radio is easy, no biggie. I'm glad we have THIS many choices for radios even though only one carrier carries SparkW.

TheXev

Aug 12, 2010
Corry PA
I would like to add that 1.53.00.02.15_23.17w.05.13U Manga v3 radio may also be part of added support for CMAS or Commercial Mobile Alert System. CMAS was added to the operator package of the Verizon Mango v3 driver:

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\ShortMsg\Settings]
"CmasOperatorEnabled"=dword:1
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\ShortMsg\Settings]
"CMASAlertOption"=dword:1
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\SMS\Broadcast]
"TestPort"=dword:4370

These are the new registry settings, and they did not exist before.
1.53.00.02.15_23.17w.05.13U might be required for this to work, but I have no idea how to tell. It's an interesting feature so you'll need to check your registry to see if it is enabled. I know DFT Freedom doesn't have it (yet), I'm not sure about ansar's roms since I haven't tried it yet.

s10010001

Mar 31, 2009
I updated my wife's park_w to Tango via Zune (bone stock phone) and she has a even newer radio on it, in-case you want to find it and add it to the list

TheXev

Aug 12, 2010
Corry PA
Still no official stand alone rom from Football. Unless he or someone else releases one, I have no easy way to extract radios.

I looked into finding the radio files in the rom update.cab files... but its a bit dangerous even if I could find it. :/

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The following radios are for Spark_W (Verizon Trophy CDMA) only. Do not attempt to flash these to a GSM Trophy (meaning any Trophy NOT branded by Verizon Wireless).

To flash these radios, you must already have HSPL installed! Click here to find out how!

You only need to pick the radio you want, and flash it. That is all that is required.

I have been able to successfully extract the original shipping radio, and the radio update for Mango (v1) to files that can be flashed to the Spark_W (Verizon Trophy CDMA) without flashing an entire rom. This is really nifty for when you downgrade your SPL to 1.03 using the method described in my downgrade thread, and you are forced to use the shipping radio. Now you have the option to flash a newer radio (and for myself, the v1 Mango radio works much better than the shipping NoDo radio).

To check what radio you currently have installed on your phone, you can either enter the bootloader by shutting down your phone, then pressing vol-down + power when starting the phone, or by navigating to Settings=> About Phone=> More info.

In my own personal testing, I did not get any factory reset by flashing these radio files. If your phone factory resets flashing these radios, navigate to Settings=> About Phone=> More info and post what hardware version you are using. All testing on my own phone was done on hardware revision 003.

The flashing software included with these radio's is a newer version that doesn't ask a bunch of questions! Once you have put your phone into bootloader mode, run the ROMUpdateUtility.exe and it will automatically start flashing the radio to your phone!

Spark_W Radio list (last updated 04-01-2012)
    Code:
    [U][URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?2ub84tf2wjhu8jf"]1.52.00.03.28_23.15w.05.06U[/URL][/U]
    [B]Original shipping radio with NoDo.
    If you used the SPL downgrade method, you will probably have this radio.[/B]
    [U][URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?36ggslri0imb34o"]1.53.00.08.02_23.16w.05.06U[/URL][/U]
    [B]First Mango shipping Radio.  ([U]Mango v1 Radio[/U])[/B]
    [U][URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?ag799fso0i1445c"]1.53.00.12.01_23.17w.05.13U[/URL][/U]
    [B]Second Mango shipping Radio.  ([U]Mango v2 Radio[/U])[/B]
    [U][URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?9z6u8gqba38vwp4"]1.53.00.02.15_23.17w.05.13U[/URL][/U]
    [B]Third Mango shipping Radio from official 8107 rom.  ([U]Mango v3 Radio[/U])[/B]

I hope for those of us already testing custom HSPL roms on Spark_W that this will be a huge help. I personally get much better reception all around with the later radio (at least in CDMA). Please feel free to comment on CDMA/GSM reception of each radio, etc!

I am surprised no one has created a thread like this for Spark GSM radios. The method of extraction is simple. (Use OsBuilder to extract rom image. In settings put SPAW1000 ID and check radio.nb and uncheck os.nb. Build rom.. on other phones you'd replace the ID with whatever is required).

Now, get testing these radio's out and give feedback! :)

*edit* I'm not sure if Mango v2's drivers included a radio update. I will have to flash back to stock and confirm sometime this week, unless someone running and up-to-date stock rom can tell me?

*edit 2* [04-01-2012] It's not joke, I added Mango v2 radio. Best radio I have used so far.

*edit 3* [04-14-2012] Added Mango v3 radio from 8107 official Verizon rom (RUU_Spark_W_S_VERIZON_WWE_2.04.605.02_Radio_NV_0215_NV58008_RELEASE.exe available in football's rom thread). Yes, I know the version number is lower and it isn't a typo this time! That is the reported version! It's also notable that this radio is larger in size then previous versions!
    Yes there is a newer radio with the Mango V2 Drivers.

OS Verison: 7.10.7720.68
    Firmware revision number: 2305.13.20110.605
    Hardware revision number: 0003
    Radio Software Version: 1.53.00.12.01_23.17w.05.13U
    Radio hardware version: 3.23.D4
    Bootloader version: 2.1.230513.10
    Chip SOC version: 2.3.0.5.13
    Thanks for these. Bumped my phone up to Mango v2 yesterday without any problems. Whether my reception improved or not, I can't tell, but it certainly didn't get worse so hooray!

Minor thing: you typoed the version number of the Mango v2 radio. It's 1.53..., not 1.52...
    The radios' flash just like roms, so you do not need to install each one at a time. Pick the radio you want and install. ;)

As a side note, I have attempted to install the Mango v3 radio using this method recently, but no luck. I'll have to take a closer look this weekend when I have time.