FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[Q] can't unlock bootloader evo 3d

57 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

Post Reply Email Thread
Sorry in advance if this had been covered before but there are so many different threads everywhere i don't know where to start. As of right now i'm running 1.50 s-on and have been attempting to use the HTC method to unlock the bootloader. I have no problems or errors at all til i get to i think it's step 13 or 14

sending 'unlocktoken' (0 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.152s]
writing 'unlocktoken'...
(bootloader) unlock token check successfully
OKAY [ 0.006s]
finished. total time: 0.159s

it appears that everything goes through but then nothing happens? my phone just stays in the same hboot screen. What am i doing wrong? thanks in advance and sorry again if this has been covered but i'm somewhat noob to rooting and am still trying to figure all of this out.....

12th April 2012, 10:55 PM |#2  
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 1,093

More
If your cdma you need to run the latest ruu 2.17 ruu exe . Once done then apply the unlock code your set.

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to GrimReaper24 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GrimReaper24 Ad-Free
12th April 2012, 10:56 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 566

More
You can download the ruu in the sticky on how to get back to stock. I had this same problem and that's how I got it fixed.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Astrikz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Astrikz Ad-Free
12th April 2012, 11:19 PM |#4  
OP Member
Flag Sacramento

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper24

If your cdma you need to run the latest ruu 2.17 ruu exe . Once done then apply the unlock code your set.

ok how do i run the ruu? it's a .exe file so i just plug in my phone and run the .exe?

EDIT: i did the latest OTA from sprint a couple days ago (removed CIQ) and i'm running software number 2.17.651.5...is that what you guys are referring to?
13th April 2012, 12:46 AM |#5  
Retired Forum Moderator

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by casper916

ok how do i run the ruu? it's a .exe file so i just plug in my phone and run the .exe?

EDIT: i did the latest OTA from sprint a couple days ago (removed CIQ) and i'm running software number 2.17.651.5...is that what you guys are referring to?

Yes you need to run that ruu from fastboot in hboot . It is the same Ota you took but will fix your problem.

The Following User Says Thank You to GrimReaper24 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GrimReaper24 Ad-Free
13th April 2012, 02:01 AM |#6  
OP Member
Flag Sacramento

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper24

Yes you need to run that ruu from fastboot in hboot . It is the same Ota you took but will fix your problem.

ok one last question? I'm at the shipped roms.com site and there are is a .zip and a .exe of the RUU. Which one should i DL? if it's the zip do i extract it to the rootevonew folder on my C: drive? And just so i'm clear i go into fastboot and while in fastboot i run the .exe on my comp? or do i put it in the root of my sd card? Sorry again for all the questions.....
13th April 2012, 03:17 AM |#7  

More
Put your phone on fasboot usb .
Run RUU.EXE
And your set. It will take about 10 min to complete.
Realize that if you remove your USB while its updating your phone might end up bricked so be careful to not get it unplugged.

The Following User Says Thank You to Astrikz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Astrikz Ad-Free
13th April 2012, 03:45 AM |#8  
OP Member
Flag Sacramento

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTzLOLtrain

Put your phone on fasboot usb .
Run RUU.EXE
And your set. It will take about 10 min to complete.
Realize that if you remove your USB while its updating your phone might end up bricked so be careful to not get it unplugged.

ok, and i need to uncheck the fastboot option in my phone first correct. Just like if i were to be doing the HTC unlock?
13th April 2012, 04:43 AM |#9  

More
Quote:

ok, and i need to uncheck the fastboot option in my phone first correct. Just like if i were to be doing the HTC unlock?

Not really. you can just remove the battery and place it back in.
13th April 2012, 04:47 AM |#10  
Retired Forum Moderator

More
Quote:

Ya you can do that to make it easier to get into hboot .

13th April 2012, 04:50 AM |#11  
OP Member
Flag Sacramento

More
[QUOTE=reaper24;24787451]Ya you can do that to make it easier to get into hboot .

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium[/QUOT

thanks again and i'll let you know how it goes
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)