Search This thread

Android311

Dec 13, 2011
California
Hey thanks for your work man, I will be making a donation next week when I get my pay check from work. Thanks again

Sent from my HTC_A510c using XDA

kalaker

Feb 23, 2012
One issue that I have found (and other Sense 3.5 ROM's have had this problem too) is that the Swype download page says I am not using an Android phone. It thinks I am using a non-stock Android browser. Google's homepage also renders as if it were a generic mobile phone rather than an Android phone (no cool logo, nav bar, etc.).

Last edited:
S

simonsimons34

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Maybe, i think I could get it running pretty well. Same for ICS. Just need a good kernel.

The browser thing is a known issue, if its a real problem i can just use the 2.1 browser.

PS im starting to move all my roms to respective threads. Please post things to that rom in that thread ;) thank you This is now just a blueridge index of our work

S

simonsimons34

Whoops, dont know how this post happened.. Moderator can you remove this for me?

junxracr

Dec 12, 2010
If I flash this rom update will I still have root and s-off ?

Sent from my HTC_A510c using XDA App

insink71

Nov 9, 2010
Greenville, SC
teamblueridge.org
If I flash this rom update will I still have root and s-off ?

The proposed ROM (or copy) would be pre-rooted and nothing short of you buying $200 jtag equip and trying real hard will remove your s-off.

Oops misread... Yes to get update you will have to flash VM RUU (which doesn't have root) so you will go rootless for a wee bit.

Rob

Sent from my HTC_A510c using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

chicle_11

Jan 24, 2011
Miami, Florida
You used mine?

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

Yeah. I've tried every rom and kernel made for the marvelc. They boot, but to a dead touchscreen. The only one that works is insink71's stock MetroPCS rom. I've been looking and searching for a while now with no luck. I've been talking with Rob and benjamingwynn, but so far no luck. Rob's rom works fine, I just want an oc kernel......... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

jmz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 17, 2008
Lawton, OK
www.jmzsoft.com
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Yeah. I've tried every rom and kernel made for the marvelc. They boot, but to a dead touchscreen. The only one that works is insink71's stock MetroPCS rom. I've been looking and searching for a while not with no luck. I've been talking with Rob and benjamingwynn, but so far no luck. Rob's rom works fine, I just want an oc kernel......... :rolleyes:

Ooo. Insink figured out the issue with metropcs and marvelc. Hopefully he will chime in. I'm willing to cook one up if he jumps in and tells me the issue

Reactions: chicle_11

insink71

Nov 9, 2010
Greenville, SC
teamblueridge.org
Ooo. Insink figured out the issue with metropcs and marvelc. Hopefully he will chime in. I'm willing to cook one up if he jumps in and tells me the issue

I wish... Mine are just stock copies more or less. But my best 2 guesses are:

They do still have a different ramdisk.. its marvelc now, but different nonetheless...
You'd think an anykernel install would switch out ramdisks though.

So... I probably need to be looking at metro's fstab oddly enough (or config.gz), to see what the kernel offset is set at... that would be first guess.

That doesn't pan.. I'm looking closely at their modules compared to ours.. (rebuilding modules would be a *itch, so I hope its something more along the lines of a differing offset)

I apparently mispoke BTW... Virgin source on htcdev.com (which I thought was Canadian) listed as USA now. (but same as euro source upon download)..

So uhh.. you want to help the old man with a refresher training on kernel cooking? I've been getting it wrong (not building). Think I still don't have my toolchain setup right or something. Chicle has pulled me his config.gz.

My ROM Isn't a custom kernel its a hacked (added apps2sd and rooted) copy of the RUU (or now update). boot.img is essentially the same; unsecured it for busybox runparts, but essentially the same.

The hardware version after update zeroed... don't really think we need to chase the possibility of differing hardware among metro family (probability is low).

Rob

EDIT: I'll pull you (the equivalent of) an eng hboot for marvelc should I be able to produce a rebuilt stock kernel. ;)
If I can rebuild (VM to start) stock; I can add OC. Just need to recover the basics apparently ;)

EDIT 2: Also mindh4xer repackaged a couple modules with his anykernel installer...could be we need to replace certain metro modules (with custom ones) to get it to work right (touchscreen specifically mentioned) [short-term fix at least]

Last edited:
S

simonsimons34

I have some reports that the sense 2.1 works fine on one users metro phone. I really do think it may be hardware revisions.

insink71

Nov 9, 2010
Greenville, SC
teamblueridge.org
I have some reports that the sense 2.1 works fine on one users metro phone. I really do think it may be hardware revisions.

Chicle tried kernels on both stock stock and update... I thought it might have been a cmtd issue for a bit... But even (top tester) Bobdamit had challenges with kernel... Got mindh4xer or Einstein frat's to work on a third attempt... That's just... Odd. ROM w/ kernel will effectively replace modules... So not a good litmus. Jmz's kernel works for metro on hensemod I've heard reported... But of course, same applies. Their stock is looking for modules at different assigned mem locations or offset issue or something on plain-Jane stock. Troubling me not to know ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: chicle_11

junxracr

Dec 12, 2010
Thanks for the info. I didn't want to go without root.
The proposed ROM (or copy) would be pre-rooted and nothing short of you buying $200 jtag equip and trying real hard will remove your s-off.

Oops misread... Yes to get update you will have to flash VM RUU (which doesn't have root) so you will go rootless for a wee bit.

Rob

chicle_11

Jan 24, 2011
Miami, Florida
Chicle tried kernels on both stock stock and update... I thought it might have been a cmtd issue for a bit... But even (top tester) Bobdamit had challenges with kernel... Got mindh4xer or Einstein frat's to work on a third attempt... That's just... Odd. ROM w/ kernel will effectively replace modules... So not a good litmus. Jmz's kernel works for metro on hensemod I've heard reported... But of course, same applies. Their stock is looking for modules at different assigned mem locations or offset issue or something on plain-Jane stock. Troubling me not to know ;)

Bobdamnit got Jmz's kernel working on his metropcs wfs.

It boots (they all do) but to a dead touchscreen................. :confused:

I'm thinking of getting a laptop and learn how to cook roms/kernels. My desktop is ancient and don't think it would do the job. I mostly use the touchpad now.

insink71

Nov 9, 2010
Greenville, SC
teamblueridge.org
roms & kernels

Bobdamnit got Jmz's kernel working on his metropcs wfs.

It boots (they all do) but to a dead touchscreen................. :confused:

I'm thinking of getting a laptop and learn how to cook roms/kernels. My desktop is ancient and don't think it would do the job. I mostly use the touchpad now.

I could show you how to copy a ROM quick... Takes little more than Android kitchen; kernels, like pure asop, have to be built. Tis why devs wait for manufacturer to release sources. Once compiled [compiling takes more CPU power] (or source proven buildable), mods can be made/added... Possibly VM sources are not tuned to metro settings.. Simon and Jmz have compiled and Einstein frat... But like Tmobile sources are a bit different from Euro(A510a / A510e), so could be metro's to VM(PG762100 / PG762000). We shall try to tweak with the config.gz you pulled for me/us and use collective knowledge... Feel free to join the experiment.. but all devices are not equal all the time; so, it may not be solved until we are handed device-specific source for metro... So, basically no guarantees, but learning is always fun.
So when's the meetup on irc? ;)

Rob

Last edited:

jmz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 17, 2008
Lawton, OK
www.jmzsoft.com
Google Pixel 4a 5G
I could show you how to copy a ROM quick... Takes little more than Android kitchen; kernels, like pure asop, have to be built. Tis why devs wait for manufacturer to release sources. Once compiled [compiling takes more CPU power] (or source proven buildable), mods can be made/added... Possibly VM sources are not tuned to metro settings.. Simon and Jmz have compiled and Einstein frat... But like Tmobile sources are a bit different from Euro(A510a / A510e), so could be metro's to VM(PG762100 / PG762000). We shall try to tweak with the config.gz you pulled for me/us and use collective knowledge... Feel free to join the experiment.. but all devices are not equal all the time; so, it may not be solved until we are handed device-specific source for metro... So, basically no guarantees, but learning is always fun.
So when's the meetup on irc? ;)

Rob

I'm usually logged in all say but afk for most. Just hang out and I will be there sometime. I used my wfs as the donor for my evo 4g on vm. So I can't test anything now. But can still guess pretty well

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nice

Nice thread. I may try to wikify it as well as it progresses. We will have testers as well on team [design team listed in op] and generally anyone who wants to follow along and learn. :) We were all new to android once upon a time; so, I really try to help anyone that wants to learn.

Rob
    Purchasing and working to get the RUUs released and lack of knowledge have taken their toll on the old man...
    Going to hermit for at least a month or so and see if in seclusion I can work out some things. If you spy me suspending some of my previous projects, this is why. I know many have been unhappy with lack of development for marvelc... The RUUs are developer roadmaps ;) As well as being good insurance for end-user. Perhaps some devs will step forward. Either way, it's been a pleasure... Until we meet again.

Rob

Sent from my HTC Marvelc using Tapatalk
    Since I am trying to be in seclusion, but still getting pm's for this challenge or that, I thought I'd sit down and post, then again leave you in the hands of more capable development.
    There are two big issues and other small things that can easily be cleared up.

1st: Mounting/Partion Issues... I am not speaking to sd card here, but internal memory. This is most often caused by using cMTD but not deinstalling it before you flash your next rom [or next,etc.]
    Characteristics: wide range of small anomolies... Could be your network wont turn off/on on a stock rom, your wifis not working all the sudden, sms/mms issues, etc.. some flagship characteristics I look to hear are market wont install or trouble installing gapps... Well, if you've been on a RUU or one of my stocks, vending is included... And yet these users are having to install it? Big problemo. This is why I don't use cMTD.. good script, but you MUST remember to deinstall or your later experience [with any rom] will suffer.
    Fix: install cMTD, reset your conf file to factory partition sizes, reformat via recovery, uninstall cMTD... Simple enough.. but causes BIG issues [when one forgets] and why I personally recommend not using it.

2nd: kernel/apps2sd issue These can also cause a host of problems but the characteristic subset is a bit different: most notably can't install any apps, out of memory msging, [in case of kernel] bootlooping or won't boot, and end result /sdcard corruption. This can be fixed early on with a Superwipe. If you wait until /sdext has gotten corrupted [when you will notice it the most], Pull your microsd from phone when off, throw it into your trusty sd reader/writer and reformat the /ext partition. I went a step further and have reverted to stock kernel [with my /ext setup on ext3]. Oc kernels work but you most likely will want to reformat sd's /ext to ext4 [and not flash back to a stock which only supports ext2 or ext3]. Its a complicated squaredance between apps2sd the kernel and your sd.. best to figure where you can be happy and stick with that for a bit [or have your sd reader/writer handy].

3rd: Pretty much any other error can be solved with what I term the "RUU Reset" Yep, just dl that sucker, plug your phone to a computer and double-click the .exe If you can't handle this one, do not try 1 or 2 above, just take your phone to a repair shop, and pay somebody $80... They'll get it fixed for you.

For Plato, the ideal state was a just society in which people dedicate themselves to the common good, practice civic virtues of wisdom, courage, moderation and justice, and perform the occupational role to which they were best suited. It was the duty of the ‘Philosopher king’ to look after people in civility.
    As such, I suppose marvelUSc is a civic group... time [for me] to go find some coupon books and doughnuts to sell and raise some money ;)

Hope that helps... Now, again I'm out like a faulty lightbulb.

Rob

Sent from my HTC Marvelc using Tapatalk
    dunno if you guys have seen but htc have posted more kernel sources now, including the virgin mobile ones
    We are team BlueRidge, and we have ceased development on the CDMA HTC Wildfire S device(s).
    1. USCC Download RUU
    2. VMUSA Download RUU
    3. Metro Download RUU