Upgrading to a Inspire 4G from an HD2?

Search This thread

acompres

Dec 2, 2009
Moca
Back in June 2011 i purchased my first 4.3inch device, the HD2. I instantly fell in love with the huge screen and how open the comunity made this phone. but sadly i had to part ways with it because of a missing volume rocker, broken camera & screen. Now to the point.

Is the Inspire 4G worth the upgrade despite both phones having almost the same GPU and CPU?

biglittlegato

Jun 4, 2009
Cali
That depends on how you will use it and how you are looking to acquire it. What network do you plan to use? Will it be an everything device or just a phone? Are you looking to keep it awhile or is it just until the next phone you really want comes out?

We've got a great community with some phenomenal devs and great moderators. With ICS due soon for the DHD, support should be great through the end of the world (12/21/12).

If I had to get a phone to last me until my next upgrade, I would have no problem laying down the money used Inspires are selling for right now. I'm even thinking about getting one to replace the wife's xperia which is due for an upgrade even sooner than my Inspire.
It is still a very capable phone and looks like it will get better over the coming months.

Sent using the power of the dark side.

will1384

Mar 29, 2012
I switched from an iphone to the Inspire, I like the Inspire way better, but
the battery life seems pretty bad, and there are no "real" extended batteries,
and the ones you find on eday and amazon are all over rated and a lot of them have
even less capacity than the stock battery.

I would say expect to get, about 3 to 4 hours web surfing, or, 7 to 8 hours talk time,
or, 3+ hours of local video, on a "good" battery. -- That was from battery estimates
on my Inspire using Battery Monitor Widget, most of the time using a little bit of
everything I get a little over 5 hours of use.

The Inspire's camera is the best I have ever seen on a phone, and it records pretty
good video, the screen is also very good, and the hardware seem every bis as good if
not better than the iphone, I like this phone a lot. :cool:

lay012

Mar 31, 2012
Actually, if you're rooted and flash a different kernel and rom you could get 16hours on a full charge. Stock rom has too much bloatware along with the horrible battery life.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using xda premium

will1384

Mar 29, 2012
Actually, if you're rooted and flash a different kernel and rom you could get 16hours on a full charge. Stock rom has too much bloatware along with the horrible battery life.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using xda premium

I did root, and installed Android Revolution HD, and its recommended radio,
then No-Sense++, removed Facebook and Friendstream, did the whole
calibrating the battery bit, V6 SuperCharger, juice defender, autorun manager
to disable stuff, also a new battery.

The battery estimates I gave from Battery Monitor Widget are from my
inspire after a 3 near full discharges, as I was breaking in a new battery.

About the only thing left for me to try is under clocking the CPU,
or trying another rom.

biglittlegato

Jun 4, 2009
Cali
My battery life depends on my location. At work, the signal is terrible and I am usually on the charger after lunch. At home, I can leave it on battery from Friday morning until Sunday night.

It is true that I have other options for everything other than phone calls while at home but I'm not usually using my phone much while I'm at work because I'm at work.

Sent using the power of the dark side.

Last edited:

will1384

Mar 29, 2012
I did root, and installed Android Revolution HD, and its recommended radio,
then No-Sense++, removed Facebook and Friendstream, did the whole
calibrating the battery bit, V6 SuperCharger, juice defender, autorun manager
to disable stuff, also a new battery.

The battery estimates I gave from Battery Monitor Widget are from my
inspire after a 3 near full discharges, as I was breaking in a new battery.

About the only thing left for me to try is under clocking the CPU,
or trying another rom.

The battery life is not the worst I have ever had on a device like this, but
it's much like the old days of PDAs, and just like my old PDA back in the day
I am going to have to get an external battery pack, or keep a charger handy.

I got looking up different kernels for battery life, and CoreDroid seems to have
the LordMod kernel, and from what I understand that kernel is good for battery
life, I will give it a try.