Lag

Search This thread

Skelente

Aug 17, 2011
We're going to need more info.
What exactly is lagging? The phone in general or your keyboard?

Are you running stock? Or on a ROM?

Does this persist after you restart? Or have you had your phone on for months straight?

Are you running a bunch of Apps/Widgets? How much free space memory and RAM do you have?

CadenH

Sep 26, 2011
Not necessarily. I can get cm7 to lag. I imagine the lag is caused by too many processes at one time.

Sent from my MB870 using xda premium

trafalger888

Aug 18, 2010
I have a lot lesa after using the second core script on eclipse 2.1 virtually none now

Sent from my DROID X2 using xda premium

Reactions: raymond513

thelowend

Jan 31, 2012
The cold part of Ohio
How do I flash a ROM? I've always wanted to but I don't want to brick my phone ...

Sent from my DROID X2 using XDA

It's really darn hard to brick this thing and flashing is easy.
I'll lay it out like you want to flash Cm7 and you are the 2.3.4 kernel

Root your device
Download Bootstrap recovery (fyi:clockwork recovery and Bootstrap recovery are the same thing)

Install Bootstrap recovery from whatever file manager you use

Get the Cm7 rom, Google apps zip and Cm7 recovery from the Cm7 thread in development and place them on your EXTERNAL sd card

Start Bootstrap (it'll appear as System recovery on your phone)

Wipe Data, cache and Dalvik (Advanced>Dalvik chache)

Then, install zip>choose zip from sd card (now here is where you're supposed to flash the zips from the Cm7 in a particular order. Refer back to that thread as I cannot remember what order it is)

Once you've flashed everything, go back to the first menu and reboot your system.

Also learn how to do a nandroid. Long, and sad stories short it saves assess.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Omega360

Apr 19, 2012
Ohio
google.com
I have used both Eclipse and CM7 on my DX2 for extended periods and I prefer CM7 simply because of how fast it transitions. If you want a lag free phone, go with that.

Follow what thelowend said above, flashing ROM's is really easy. Just read carefully and follow directions and you will be fine :)

brothermatt

Apr 21, 2012
www.last.fm
Ok, over I've flashed cm7 but now my phone won't charge to 100%, it stays at 99%. Any ideas on how to change that
your post here and in the other thread suggest that your battery is just losing its ability to hold charge. wiping stats might pretend that it's fully charged, but you're not going to get optimal charge on an old battery. you can pick up extras for cheap.

dets34

May 2, 2012
Detroit
your post here and in the other thread suggest that your battery is just losing its ability to hold charge. wiping stats might pretend that it's fully charged, but you're not going to get optimal charge on an old battery. you can pick up extras for cheap.

I bought some cheap batteries (believe it was a pack of two) for about $20 and they were terrible. They wouldn't hold a charge for longer than 2 hours.

Sent from my MB870 using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have a lot lesa after using the second core script on eclipse 2.1 virtually none now

Sent from my DROID X2 using xda premium