Lumia 900 wont power on after battery drain..bricked!!

Search This thread

sridhar618

May 18, 2009
VA
The Nokia Lumia 900 got BRICKED within a week of getting it....:D

Here is what happened, Wed night I could not get my phone recharged on time and as I was doing something the phone suddenly froze and died as it had ran out of juice. I left it there in that state for awhile and then plugged into wall...first the bottom three buttons lit up, a white screen, then a big battery showed up with with a bit of red charge, then a nokia page and then finally an att page with the words "rethink possible".....and it shuts off and starts this loop.

it did that loop since 1 am Wed night.... tried all resets in the morning - three button, two button, one button - but no success.

I swapped my phone today!!

I've seen threads where 710 and 800 users have complained about this. Not sure if its the same bug but just wanted to put it out here...

SemperFIGOD

Dec 9, 2008
Same thing happensed to me. But I think it has to do with the type of charger you use. Has it happend with the new one. Please report back so that i know if i should return my phone.

grey_m4n

Mar 30, 2008
The Nokia Lumia 900 got BRICKED within a week of getting it....:D

Here is what happened, Wed night I could not get my phone recharged on time and as I was doing something the phone suddenly froze and died as it had ran out of juice. I left it there in that state for awhile and then plugged into wall...first the bottom three buttons lit up, a white screen, then a big battery showed up with with a bit of red charge, then a nokia page and then finally an att page with the words "rethink possible".....and it shuts off and starts this loop.

it did that loop since 1 am Wed night.... tried all resets in the morning - three button, two button, one button - but no success.

I swapped my phone today!!

I've seen threads where 710 and 800 users have complained about this. Not sure if its the same bug but just wanted to put it out here...

This also happened to 1 of the 2 900s I had. Turned on Nokia Drive and within 3 minutes the phone shut off and would not turn back on we eventually got it on, but it never completely booted back up.

hx4700 Killer

Oct 19, 2007
Texas
After a TOTAL battery drain, where it just shut off.. I had to charge for over 2 hours before it would even power on. I think it has to be over 20% before it will power on. I was also using an HTC charger I had at work when I did this. It finally turned on after all that time.

SuperSport

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 27, 2007
Northern California
There is a BIG difference between the NOKIA charger and most other chargers. I've got a really good HTC one, and a really good aftermarket one. They charge at 300mA and 350mA. But the nokia one charges at 500-650mA. It makes all the difference in the world on this phone with this large battery. Especially, since Windows Phone MUST be on to charge.

If you are having charging trouble, be sure to try the NOKIA supplied charger and cable. Give it a while to catch back up. Up to a couple hours if battery is completely depleated.

PS: While on the Battery issue. I'm getting Incredible battery life on my 900. About twice as long lasting as my Focus was. But, it did not get good until about the 5th or 6th day of using it. Now, it lasts a good day and a half with decent use. My Focus only got about a day if lucky. With that said, I JUST installed the Nokia Update, so we will see how the battery fairs now. Firmware updated from 2175.1000.8112.12082 to 2175.1002.8112.12084.

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

Lol buy a Galaxy Nexus ;)
Yeah, but once his battery bug is fixed, he'd like it to last more than half a day... hehehe

Last edited:
Reactions: stratax

yungboss22

Aug 9, 2010
Montreal, Canada
There is a BIG difference between the NOKIA charger and most other chargers. I've got a really good HTC one, and a really good aftermarket one. They charge at 300mA and 350mA. But the nokia one charges at 500-650mA. It makes all the difference in the world on this phone with this large battery. Especially, since Windows Phone MUST be on to charge.

If you are having charging trouble, be sure to try the NOKIA supplied charger and cable. Give it a while to catch back up. Up to a couple hours if battery is completely depleated.

PS: While on the Battery issue. I'm getting Incredible battery life on my 900. About twice as long lasting as my Focus was. But, it did not get good until about the 5th or 6th day of using it. Now, it lasts a good day and a half with decent use. My Focus only got about a day if lucky. With that said, I JUST installed the Nokia Update, so we will see how the battery fairs now. Firmware updated from 2175.1000.8112.12082 to 2175.1002.8112.12084.

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

Yeah, but once his battery bug is fixed, he'd like it to last more than half a day... hehehe

With light usage with my galaxy nexus, i have 1.5days on battery life with data on. With heavy usage, about 12-16h of battery life, not bad ;)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app

hx4700 Killer

Oct 19, 2007
Texas

My HTC chargers are all 1.5A

stratax

Aug 21, 2010
Missouri (misery)

the one that came with my amaze says 200mA haha

weatherx

Feb 28, 2011
if your phone can't boot after a deep discharge, try hooking it up with the original cable to a computer USB port.

johnnybrav0

Jun 2, 2009
I guess my first questions is how are you charging it in the first place? USB or Electric outlet? USB usually takes longer and can be a weaker charge.

Second, like some people mention are us using another charger by a different company like HTC and etc..?

This will help us understand the issue better to help you.

FiyaFleye

Oct 26, 2008
Miami
That being said, my HD7 pulled this with me once... All was well after though.

Last edited by a moderator:

hx4700 Killer

Oct 19, 2007
Texas
Do you think any of us give a damn about your Galaxy Nexus in the Lumia section? Honestly? Because if you do, then I think you need to re-examine the idea behind a LUMIA forum.

That being said, my HD7 pulled this with me once... All was well after though.

Don't feed the troll... otherwise you will just get more oxygen/blood deprived answers from someone trying to type one handed, not skip a stroke and sound like they aren't trolling. Probably has a thing for the latest and greatest but is locked in to a contract....

sridhar618

May 18, 2009
VA
I guess my first questions is how are you charging it in the first place? USB or Electric outlet? USB usually takes longer and can be a weaker charge.

Second, like some people mention are us using another charger by a different company like HTC and etc..?

This will help us understand the issue better to help you.

After the charge completely depleted, i hooked it to the wall using the nokia supplied charger for abt 7 hrs. The phone did not respond on trying to power it up. I tried all button combos, plugging to comp, plugging and unplugging multiple times etc (you name it and I have tried) but none of them worked. I tried to resurrect it for a full. I finally gave up and swapped for a another device at the ATT store.

The device should reach you guys via your channels for your R&D.

davel8135

Apr 21, 2012
I just bought the phone. After 3 hours of charging using the Nokia charger. Phone is still not booting. After connecting the charger cable it vibrates and the 3 button lights turn on, but thats all that happens.

grey_m4n

Mar 30, 2008
I just bought the phone. After 3 hours of charging using the Nokia charger. Phone is still not booting. After connecting the charger cable it vibrates and the 3 button lights turn on, but thats all that happens.

If the Lumia 900 is drained completely it will not power on until it gets a 20% charge. If your phone wasn't charged to that in 3 hrs. you should take it back and get another phone.

hx4700 Killer

Oct 19, 2007
Texas
I want to say that it was at least two hours if not 3 before my phone came on from a total discharge.

The phone would vibrate and flash if I plugged or unplugged etc... I played with it enough that it came on was still pretty much dead on the charge but once on and plugged in it actually charged so what I read above that it won't charge if its not on seems to hold true.

Of course that was all before the update.

dfkd

Jan 30, 2009
I experienced the same thing last night. When it finally did power back on, it was at 22%... And hard reset!

Calling it a PITA is an understatement.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Lol buy a Galaxy Nexus ;)