[Q] GPS issues with CM 7.2-RC1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

MondoMor

Jan 9, 2011
I just changed from CM 7.1 to 7.2-RC1 on my Aria. I did a full wipe before installing 7.2.

In every other ROM I've ever tried, (stock, attn1's, Gene Poole's, CM7.1), the GPS gets a lock within maybe 15 seconds. Now it takes several minutes. Using the GPS Status app, it seems to find the satellites quickly enough, and I get 6 or more right away. But no lock.
Once I do get a lock, the accuracy is dismal (+/- 60 feet) where it was always much better.

I know I have read about files that can be copied in to fix this; but I can't find those posts after quite a bit of searching.

Would someone please point me to those instructions? Can I pull stuff off the CM71. .zip?

Edit: Whoops, I think this is what I'm after: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=19106745&postcount=3688

Last edited:
Reactions: poppy22

MondoMor

Jan 9, 2011
Weird. I've tried all four of ladios' zips, and there doesn't seem to be much difference. Lock times and accuracy are still worse than 7.1

I know the /system/lib/hw/gps.liberty.so is being changed because the MD5 sums are different (and they match what I calculate on my PC). So I must be installing the .zips correctly.

Is there something else that changed about the GPS in 7.2?

lsusparky621

Dec 30, 2010
Louisiana
I use the htc-stock zip and get an initial lock in 45 seconds, subsequent locks in 10 secs.

Sent from my Liberty using xda premium

MondoMor

Jan 9, 2011
That is infinitely better, thanks!

The computed accuracy (uncertainty) is still worse than I've experienced in previous ROMs. But it wouldn't surprise me if it was "optimistic" in the past. Even dedicated handheld consumer GPS units don't get 3-foot accuracy after 15 seconds indoors, but that used to happen all the time on the Aria. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just changed from CM 7.1 to 7.2-RC1 on my Aria. I did a full wipe before installing 7.2.

In every other ROM I've ever tried, (stock, attn1's, Gene Poole's, CM7.1), the GPS gets a lock within maybe 15 seconds. Now it takes several minutes. Using the GPS Status app, it seems to find the satellites quickly enough, and I get 6 or more right away. But no lock.
    Once I do get a lock, the accuracy is dismal (+/- 60 feet) where it was always much better.

I know I have read about files that can be copied in to fix this; but I can't find those posts after quite a bit of searching.

Would someone please point me to those instructions? Can I pull stuff off the CM71. .zip?

Edit: Whoops, I think this is what I'm after: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=19106745&postcount=3688
    FYI: take a look at this commit and this post, guys.