FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[7.10.2012][NT 5.10.8835.35 V1]Gold_C_ML_51265104_R_153000830_2316w0506U by ansar

2,767 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,851

By ansar.ath.gr, Retired Recognized Developer on 16th February 2012, 05:54 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
15th April 2012, 04:45 PM |#91  
Flag York, PA
Thanks Meter: 598

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapaz04

I just flashed the ROM and even though I get the NETWORK SETUP message, I can still access the Internet... I know this is an "issue" but is it really that big? if at worst, install the DFT rom and update your PRL and PROFILE then flash this ROM if you feel like it but I dont believe the ROM overwrites these files, they are stored in another part of your device...

Hope that helps... I know its annoying but hey... you got the latest and greatest... THANKS ANSAR!!!

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

Alright... For those that have been waiting on an upload to DROPBOX... find the links below... Its 3 parts because Dropbox did not allow the file to be uploaded due to its size...

make sure you have all three files in thesame folder and extract...

Part 1: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29982942/WP7...nsar.part1.rar
Part 2: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29982942/WP7...nsar.part2.rar
Part 3: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29982942/WP7...nsar.part3.rar

Ansar... I am sending you a PM to see if this is ok... again, if not I will comply and bring down the links. Thankz!!!

If you could do a nand backup like on android and restore the rom exactly as before, the profile and PRL issue would not be a big deal. But since not being able to update the PRL affects many people not being able to receive MMS, it's a pretty big deal breaker. Most people doin't want to reflash and set up a rom just for that...

15th April 2012, 08:50 PM |#92  
Flag Lincoln
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Ansar, I just realized that this rom (NT 8107) doesn't seem to be unlocked..? Registry Editor and TouchXplorer are in the rom, but I can't run them. Also tried installing an xap from IE and it failed right away. Not really a problem for me as the only thing I wanted from it was Internet Sharing, but I figured I ought to mention that.
15th April 2012, 09:27 PM |#93  
Flag Tennessee
Thanks Meter: 83

More
Wink MMS works for me...
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualls

If you could do a nand backup like on android and restore the rom exactly as before, the profile and PRL issue would not be a big deal. But since not being able to update the PRL affects many people not being able to receive MMS, it's a pretty big deal breaker. Most people doin't want to reflash and set up a rom just for that...

Your results are different than mine... I was able to send an MMS AND receive it... not only that but I am even able to send video which is pretty cool...

I know that its alot for people to update their NETWORK PROFILE and PRL before flashing to this but if its something you can do, I recommend it... The previous ROM's I have tried NEVER gave me the option to send video... Then again... I never tried, this one says "SEND PICTURE OR VIDEO"

See screenshot of MMS...

I have uploaded the video screencapture too...

Again... I think these items are saved in a different part/partition and therefore are not overwritten by the ROM at all... they do not get touched...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Capture.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	1005825   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Capture_VideoMMS.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	1005833  
16th April 2012, 12:34 AM |#94  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Yes, data and mms works out of the box... but sometimes people have problems with data/mms so the network profile update fixes that. In addition, you would never be able to update the prl when a new one gets released. It does not get saved in a different partition so flashing to another rom is not a work around.

Quote:

Your results are different than mine... I was able to send an MMS AND receive it... not only that but I am even able to send video which is pretty cool...

I know that its alot for people to update their NETWORK PROFILE and PRL before flashing to this but if its something you can do, I recommend it... The previous ROM's I have tried NEVER gave me the option to send video... Then again... I never tried, this one says "SEND PICTURE OR VIDEO"

See screenshot of MMS...

I have uploaded the video screencapture too...

Again... I think these items are saved in a different part/partition and therefore are not overwritten by the ROM at all... they do not get touched...

The Following User Says Thank You to spydc For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift spydc Ad-Free
16th April 2012, 01:36 AM |#95  
Thanks Meter: 160

Donate to Me
More
Addressing issues in the ROM
I had been working on a custom ROM for my own Sprint Arrive (GoldC) and realized the various issues that maybe ansar couldn't test for, because maybe he doesn't have the device? I modified his ROM and combined his unlock with my ROM. Here's what I have:

- No bluetooth app )the one added in by ansar)
- No usb tethering app (the one by ansar)
- Prl change working
- Profile update working
- No data error on first boot
- Search button working like stock
- some extra additions (not apps)
- Sprint hub taken out
- Telenav left in

If I am allowed and if anyone wants, I can post my ROM here.

EDIT: Since a few people requested it via PM, I'll make it available here. If anyone is against it, please let me know and I will take it off.

Part 1: http://db.tt/03nelFZv
Part 2: http://db.tt/JliebuQK
Part 3: http://db.tt/QTkD7kjb
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to leadpoizon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift leadpoizon Ad-Free
16th April 2012, 09:19 AM |#96  
OP Retired Recognized Developer

More
Arrow Info on ROM development
Hi to all,

A doBootstrap module was left out in purpose from previous versions

I will include it in a next version that will be uploaded during the day

Both download links (6) will be retained in post #1 of this thread

In this case one can choose better according to what he needs

Thnx for commenting and supporting!!

Regards, ansar
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ansar.ath.gr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ansar.ath.gr Ad-Free
16th April 2012, 01:21 PM |#97  
Flag Tennessee

More
Thanks ansar...

Cant wait to flash the new 1... When I get home from work of course... jejeje

Yep, im a ROM-flashing addict... Its like... my drug of choice... ... jejeje
16th April 2012, 02:35 PM |#98  
OP Retired Recognized Developer

More
Arrow Info on ROM development
Quote:

Thanks ansar...

Cant wait to flash the new 1... When I get home from work of course... jejeje

Yep, im a ROM-flashing addict... Its like... my drug of choice... ... jejeje

Hi,

The new V1 8773 18L, 3La and 3Lb ROMs have been uploaded, see post #1

Thnx for testing and commenting!!

Regards, ansar
The Following User Says Thank You to ansar.ath.gr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ansar.ath.gr Ad-Free
16th April 2012, 04:14 PM |#99  
Thanks Meter: 160

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansar.ath.gr

Hi,

The new V1 8773 18L, 3La and 3Lb ROMs have been uploaded, see post #1

Thnx for testing and commenting!!

Regards, ansar

Hey ansar, is there anyway you can release a version that is without the non-HTC apps and default search key function? I changed it in my own ROM, but your ROMS are perfect with the exception of those things.
16th April 2012, 06:57 PM |#100  
Flag Lincoln
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickfigure

I had been working on a custom ROM for my own Sprint Arrive (GoldC) and realized the various issues that maybe ansar couldn't test for, because maybe he doesn't have the device? I modified his ROM and combined his unlock with my ROM.

Have you tested XBL games on your rom?
16th April 2012, 07:59 PM |#101  
Flag Tennessee

More
Glitch found
Hey ansar...

I have not yet flashed the new release of your ROM. I am currently using the initial 8773 release...

I may have found a glitch ... dont know if anyone else has experienced it or can confirm thesame but I was using LOGMEIN to access my PC at home (to download your new ROM ) and I found a glitch... Below is the series of events that lead to this...

1.) Accessed IE (phone) and remote desktop'd my PC and got the download started.
2.) I logged off and closed the tab on Internet Explorer (phone)
3.) From my Home Screen, I tried to access Internet Explorer and went to Landscape mode to use my keyboard...
This is where it glitched, my phone stopped for about 5 seconds and the screen turned off. Then my phone vibrated and I saw the HTC logo... Phone rebooted itself...

- I am now back into LogMeIn trying to see if I can get this to occur again... so far, it seems to be an isolated incident as I cannot get this error to replicate...

Just wanted to report this to you as an FYI... I have not found any other issues/glitches aside from this.

Thanks!!!

EDIT 1: So... as soon as I RDP'd to my home pc again and saw the new ROM (Tango V1) had completed the download... I went home for LUNCH and FLASHED it ... jejeje

For those wondering... I can confirm that the NETWORK PROFILE and the PRL can be updated on this new version with no issues... jejeje

As stated before... Im an addict man... Im going to start looking for ROMaholic's Anonimous... ... jejeje THANKS ANSAR!!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)