Originally Posted by albertwertz
please provide a step by step of your process...
Take sd card, put in nook, unmount and erase
plug in usb to mount to pc
unpack file to desktop
chose sd image
chose external sd on nook (not mynook drive)
unplug usb and turn off
pop sd out and in, plug in usb, leave alone.
let us know what happens.
The files work, they have been tested. Most of the time, if they dont work, its user error.
I re-downloaded the img files 3 times to make sure its not corrupt files.
I tried two method to write into the sd card(through Nook tablet or sd card reader) and tested 4 different cards (Sandisk, transcend, adata and microcenter 2GB).
The 1st one I followed your instruction
1. I turn off the nook and put the sd card
2. turn on nook and connect the USb cable
3. select the sd card and erase the content
4. open the win32diskimager, select the img file and write to ex-sd (not mynook)
5. once its done unplug the usb (ignoring when asked to format) and turn off the nook
the 2nd method I use sd card reader directly
1. put the sd card into the sd card reader
2. format the card with SDformater
3. open windisk32imager select the img file and writte
4. once its done put the card into nook
After all the above I tried
- plugging the USB cable to the nook (either to power supply or computer)
- Press Power + N at the same time ( I press it for over 3 minutes)
- Press Power button by itself
They all just blank screen
no N symbol pop up like your video
And if I press Power and N for long time it comes up with "do you want to factory reset your nook" message
I checked all cards
they all contains 5 files and 2 folders
Any advise ??
BTW this is Nook tablet 8GB with 1.4.2 firmware
just bought it 2 days ago.