[HUMOUR][Desire S Edition] You know you're rooted when...

Search This thread

kartikk

Mar 12, 2011
Chennai
You know you're rooted when you laugh at a higher priced phone with a factory OC
You know you're rooted when you have multiple keyboards with broken F5 key due to refreshing XDA
You know you're rooted when your favorite dialogue is "you wont have this problem if your root & flash a custom ROM"

Last edited:
Reactions: ben_pyett

psychoace

Apr 21, 2009
You know your rooted when you find a topic like this funny and feel the need to have it spammed everywhere

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

goatimus

Jun 17, 2011
You know your rooted when saying "I'm going to root my phone" no longer sounds a bit perverted.

Sent from my Desire S using xda premium

ben_pyett

Oct 28, 2006
London, Colchester, Wivenhoe
Think someone came close with these already, but they're so true I simply had to duplicate:

You know that you're rooted when you wake up in the night for a pee, can't sleep and end up on Xda for thirty minutes

You know that you're rooted when you main advice to any new Q&A is a combination of downgrade, unlock, root, install 4ext recovery and then apply a custom....sorted

You know that you're rooted when you main advice to any new Q&A is see link in my signature

You know that you're rooted when you main advice to any new Q&A is look in the INDEX

You know that you're rooted when you main advice to any new Q&A is 'have you heard of google', something that's probably not say enough!

Swyped form ym Dersie S unsig XAD Permuim

Last edited:

djsubtronic

Jun 16, 2010
That's how.

I took out every device on the recreation room WiFi in my hospital once. Couldn't stop smiling that week!!!

Shhh... nobody knows.

Rofl that's awesome. How do the killed devices get their connection back though?

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

You know you're rooted when your one-year-old phone has a newer version of Android than your friend's brand new phone.

Black screens, big fun :D

I think they don't work with wifi connection, do they?

Sent by my fingers to your head.

No, thankfully they don't!!! :eek:

Anyway, this was tried in the doctor's lounge. That's my playground. I prank most of my comparatively technologically challenged colleagues there. That's where my android reigns supreme against those ipad toting monkeys. Bluetooth file transfer, anyone...? ;)

Sent from a phone waiting for kernel v3. Wake up HTC!!

Last edited:

Saipro

Sep 29, 2011
Now, this truly happened last year (gave my friend my Desire S for a day, running Virtuous Unity):

You know you're rooted when people think your Desire S is a pimped-to-heaven Sensation - and remark it's the slickest they've ever seen!

D

Deleted member 4123551

You know you're rooted when you cook ROMs during math lessons at school...

Sent from my Desire S using XDA

shanz

Mar 4, 2010
You know you are rooted when you tell your husband that he'll have to wait for some loving for the next day as you are busy flashing your phone because a developer has decided to release a rom at bedtime!

Reactions: suku_patel_22

ben_pyett

Oct 28, 2006
London, Colchester, Wivenhoe
You know you are rooted when you tell your husband that he'll have to wait for some loving for the next day as you are busy flashing your phone because a developer has decided to release a rom at bedtime!
that's exactly why my wife remains un-rooted :) (no euphemism intended), plus that way the SKY Go application still works on her stock device so when and if I need to watch Sky football when we're away from home I can still use her phone ;) selfless me :D

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You know you're rooted when you're always surprised by your ringtone (or don't even realize it's your phone that's ringing) because you didn't set a custom ringtone after the latest flash.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda premium
    You know you are rooted when the opposite of Conservative isn't liberal but OnDemand

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda premium
    Ok,
    I've seen this round loads of other device subforums now, it's becoming a new trend :D Hopefully we can start it here.

Post a funny conclusion to the sentence - 'You know you are rooted when...'

Some funny examples I have found from the SGS2 forum... (thanks to the OP's :D)

You know you're rooted when your girlfriend looks in your messages and gets suspicious cause you have none.

You know you're rooted when your girlfriend can't get hold of you for an hour because you're in recovery.. and she becomes suspicious

You know you're rooted if you have any emotional feeling when you feel the boot animation vibration

you know you are rooted when someone at a party says "hey you have that awesome 12/8 mp camera phone right? please take a pic of us" and you can only sheepishly reply "cm doesn't have working camera yet"

You know when you're rooted when you see someone else with an SII and you see their old out dated ROM and hear the song "memories, like the corners of my mind"

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1567547&page=2<-- Link to the original thread ;)

I have poor imagination, so unfortunately can't come up with my own, but I'm hoping you guys can :p

Be sure to use the 'thanks' button on the ones you like to keep up inspiration ;)

Cheers
    You know when you're rooted when the first thing you type in the Play Store is 'TIT' ... and wait for the Titanium Backup suggestion to pop up.
    You know you're rooted when your morningschedule looks like this: Wake up, check out XDA, eat breakfirst while browsing various forums on XDA, taking a shower, just a quick glanse at XDA, driver to work, sit down at your desk.. "now it's been half an hour since I last checked, something has bound to have happened!"