[RECOVERY] Repacked Clockworkmod recovery v5.8.2.0 + Touch v5.8.1.8

Search This thread

malaeus

Mar 27, 2009
hey, im having a recovery problem.

probably just stupid, but.

i root .15 firmware, use OTA rootkeeper and update to .21 while keeping root.
then i used rom manager to flash the latest CWM. it says its successful.

however if i reboot into recovery. it just gives me the dead android

do i have to be unlocked to get into recovery? my other tab is unlocked and all. and CWM works nicely.

this one i was able to root at .15 firmware instead of having to unlock and push CWM over fastboot.

banderos101

Dec 26, 2010

do i have to be unlocked to get into recovery? my other tab is unlocked and all. and CWM works nicely.

this one i was able to root at .15 firmware instead of having to unlock and push CWM over fastboot.

As far as im aware, you cant install CWM on the prime right now without unlocking the bootloader first

Reactions: malaeus

Striatum_bdr

May 29, 2011
Marseille
thats what i was afraid of. well i guess it didnt actually replace the existing bootloader when rom manager said it was "successful"

oh well, thatll do :)

thank you very much

ROM manager only writes the img file in the staging partition: the successful is here. The real flash process occurs at next reboot when staging partition is read and its content written where it should be...

If you are locked this phase can't happen as the img file must be 'Asus certified and signed' to be flashed.

acdcking12345

Mar 17, 2011
So where can we put the rom.zip files on the internal sdcard so that when I do a reset and wipe cache, etc, I can still get to the rom.zip file to flash my TF 201 using CWM?

vicous707

Dec 30, 2010
Eureka
Hi my cwm was the 5.5.0.4 version and i flashed the touchscreen one on the this post and now i cant get into cwm. ill get stuck at the splash screen when it tells u to press up volume and when i do it freezes any help? Also i can use my prime fine but i just cant get into cwm no more.

Striatum_bdr

May 29, 2011
Marseille
Hi my cwm was the 5.5.0.4 version and i flashed the touchscreen one on the this post and now i cant get into cwm. ill get stuck at the splash screen when it tells u to press up volume and when i do it freezes any help? Also i can use my prime fine but i just cant get into cwm no more.

1/Install ROM manager app from market and use it to flash non touch latest recovery version.

2/ Grab the .img file of your desired recovery (twrp, touch recovery, standard one) and use terminal method described in Touch Recovery OP (method 2)

I guess you are rooted.

vicous707

Dec 30, 2010
Eureka
Where is this touch recovery op method 2 o_O

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

also when i use rom manager and flash the cwm recovery on the app it freezes and closes. ditto with the reboot into recovery option.

LNKNPRKFN

Dec 16, 2010
BRAMPTON
ok so i flashed to recovery from rom manager and guess what im in a CWM loop...im not sure as to how to put the fix on the int SD without getting the usb to mount cause everytime i try to mount usb it says "unable to open ums lunfile (no such file or directory)

hmmm

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ClockworkMod Recovery for the Transformer Prime TF201

NEW: Repack of Koush's clockworkmod recoveries to prevent a recovery loop when using ROMS that support reboot to recovery.

These recoveries are not mine and I take no credit for them. I only made a small change to the official recoveries found here
    and repacked them into update.zip files.

Here is a diff of my somewhat hacky change, but hey it works!
    Code:
    diff -Naur org/init.rc new/init.rc
    --- org/init.rc 2012-04-02 21:18:24.875745175 +0100
    +++ new/init.rc 2012-04-02 20:58:55.855745201 +0100
    @@ -31,6 +31,8 @@
     service ueventd /sbin/ueventd
         critical

[COLOR="Green"]+service clearmisc /sbin/clear-misc.sh
    +[/COLOR]
     service recovery /sbin/recovery

service adbd /sbin/adbd recovery
    diff -Naur org/sbin/clear-misc.sh new/sbin/clear-misc.sh
    --- org/sbin/clear-misc.sh      1970-01-01 01:00:00.000000000 +0100
    +++ new/sbin/clear-misc.sh      2012-04-02 20:58:55.855745201 +0100
    @@ -0,0 +1,4 @@
    [COLOR="Green"]+#!/sbin/sh
    +# This clears the boot flag from misc which forces
    +# this device to continuously boot into recovery
    +/sbin/dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 bs=1 count=13[/COLOR]

I also replaced the CWM top hat icon to avoid confusing my repacked recovery with the original version.

I am not responsible for any loss of data or any harm caused by using these recoveries especially if small kittens are involved.

IN CASE YOU FIND YOURSELF HERE AS A RESULT OF HAVING A RECOVERY LOOP OR RECOVERY DOESN'T SEEM TO BE UPDATING PLEASE USE THE COMMAND BELOW

Run the following command from your PC then reboot and any new recovery should be flashed by the bootloader and then android should boot.
    Code:
    adb shell dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 bs=1 count=13

Just in case you missed big red bold line, please read it before posting about recovery not updating or not being able to get out of recovery!

Download

Touch Recovery v5.8.1.8 (repacked from official with the fix above)
    MD5: 0a5f77d3524fbdd01a241b02368814ae

ClockworkMod Recovery v5.8.2.0 (repacked from official with the fix above)
    MD5: 351f2382907afc48d12932e019ecb193

Installation Instructions

Method 1 Flashing through CWM
    Download the recovery zip file

Place the recovery zip on the sdcard where clockworkmod can read it.

Reboot into recovery using "adb reboot recovery" or "hold volume down and power for 3 seconds, let go of power only, then press volume up when prompted on screen"

In recovery, select flash zip from sdcard and select the recovery zip you downloaded

Once it has flashed the zip file, be sure to reboot your transformer so it complete the flashing process.
    Thanks for this Roach. This might be a really obvious question but I take it that the reboot to recovery option will have to be enabled by devs? I am using AOKP and the reboot to recovery option still just reboots the tablet after flashing this. Jermaine will have to enable this option in AKOP for it to work, right?

Thanks again. Btw, I am really excited to see what you and Team Eos do with your rom on the Prime :)

Sent from my EPAD using xda premium

Yeah, Here's my commit's to enable this on EOS in case it helps. I know it already works on the TF101 so it might just need to be added to your device tree assuming the libcutils work has already been merged to the AOKP repo.

https://review.teameos.org/#/c/377/

https://review.teameos.org/#/c/378/
    Excellent work Roach, well done. I plan on looking into trying to get SDcard (both micro and docked full size) and USB drive support up and running.

Don't hold your breath though anyone, I am extremely lazy. :D

As far as im aware, you cant install CWM on the prime right now without unlocking the bootloader first