Would you like to share knowledge about Alcatel MOVE ?

• Total voters
Search This thread

bgm92

Mar 24, 2012
I have one question - I have no idea about how to make custom ROMs, or porting existing ROMs to other phones, but:

How about porting CyanogenMod to this Alcatel OT-908? Can be this possible?

ruscan.calin

Nov 29, 2010
globul-stock-rom (unsigned)

http://www.mediafire.com/?4wx0uc047y990tf

edit: one question

/system/bin/toolbox and symlinks comming with stock rom or are added later from other app?

this is not important I guess was made later
also I can make complete update.zip signed from these files
but what for because I am (move)ing to a new thread so goodbye Move:D
and welcome original/ clean OT-908 !

---------- Post added at 06:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 AM ----------

I have one question - I have no idea about how to make custom ROMs, or porting existing ROMs to other phones, but:

yes but for what price ? how do you pay me for that ?! suggest buy a beer:D

---------- Post added at 06:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 AM ----------

for all reading
I suggest to try -if don't know box.com to get free online storage
normally a subscriber get 5GB for free but if you download from Market
for an Android subscriber there are 50 GB free storage for you and many benefits
also I intend to put there that stock rom I am working on sharing to you if interested

---------- Post added at 06:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 AM ----------

Last edited:
Reactions: bidulç& and bgm92

bgm92

Mar 24, 2012
Just a beer? :D You're too kind :)

So, CyanogenMod 7.2, based on Gingerbread can be ported?

---------- Post added at 07:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 AM ----------

for all reading
for an Android subscriber there are 50 GB free storage for you and many benefits
also I intend to put there that stock rom I am working on sharing to you if interested

---------- Post added at 06:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 AM ----------

Thank you for sharing with us! I'm downloading Box from the Market right now :)

bgm92

Mar 24, 2012
Ok, I'm waiting :)

I managed to install CWM Recovery succesfully, and backed up Cosmote branded ROM. :)

Sent from my GT-S5660 using XDA

ruscan.calin

Nov 29, 2010
Ok, I'm waiting :)

I managed to install CWM Recovery succesfully, and backed up Cosmote branded ROM. :)

Sent from my GT-S5660 using XDA

Good job ! now you are prepared to receive this custom ROM !
I'm on the way at this time I programmatically changed homepage in browser to point to google.com
so goodbye Cosmote :D

Last edited:
Reactions: bgm92

ruscan.calin

Nov 29, 2010
finally done CUSTOM ROM HERE TRY IT !

TO ALL PEOPLE HERE !

NOW UPLOADING ROM TO SERVER- 1/2 hour from now

YOU ARE INVITED TO TRY THIS CUSTOM ROM HOPE YOU LIKE !

Here is the new thread if you don't already know

Well done!!!

Very good job ruscan!!!!
Alcatel guys should be gelous not having a guy like you in their team, fukin' bastards!!!
I decided to wait a little more... not ready to apply this custom rom... as I suggested earlier personally, you should integrate agps fix for faster lock on GPS positioning... and as someone said in one of the posts from the fresh custom rom thread, maybe a black notification bar will be nicer...
We not tell you what to do of course, you already done a lot for this forum by compiling this rom, but some other improvements will make this rom more GB like maybe!

THANK AGAIN!!!:D

Reactions: ruscan.calin

ruscan.calin

Nov 29, 2010
Very good job ruscan!!!!
Alcatel guys should be gelous not having a guy like you in their team, fukin' bastards!!!
I decided to wait a little more... not ready to apply this custom rom... as I suggested earlier personally, you should integrate agps fix for faster lock on GPS positioning... and as someone said in one of the posts from the fresh custom rom thread, maybe a black notification bar will be nicer...
We not tell you what to do of course, you already done a lot for this forum by compiling this rom, but some other improvements will make this rom more GB like maybe!

THANK AGAIN!!!:D

:D tot revoltat esti pe astia de la Alcatel
I will think about black status bar ...if you want to try read this
regarding aGPS maybe you think about some tricks ... because aGPS function is active by default check
Home => Settings => Location & Security=>Use Wireless Networks => On
I tested a lot of GPS devices generally will take ~ 3 min to sync because
1.GPS receivers need time to find at least 3 or 4 satellites
2.Receivers usually need to listen to each satellite's signal for at least 30 seconds

Last edited:
Reactions: bidulç&

ruscan.calin

Nov 29, 2010
better GPS sync speed

You are correct partially.
I use a gps.conf file downloaded from internet which allow gps connection between 30sec. to 2 min max!!!
I will send it to you this days, have a loom and you'll tell us what d'you think.
But better have a look here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1233359

ok I make these updates but as I see this update will change default server for ephemeris data in fact aGPS data theoretically this is an improvement in gps syncing but in practice not too big changes- known from my experience
but I promise to give a try !
PS
on PC/ smartphone you should change default DNS servers to
8.8.8.8/ 8.8.4.4 -Google DNS servers for better response

Last edited:
Reactions: bidulç&

springnull

Feb 14, 2012
Help me

Hello everyone, I have a problem, I have the ot908, I live in Spain, and 2 months ago I update with the official software to Gingerbread, facilitated the data you give me the phone.
Model Number
ALCATEL_one_touch_908
firmware Version
band version
kernel Version
2.6.35.7-perf
android.bld @ aclgcl-ubnt58 # 1
Version Number
GINGERBREAD

and I have the problem that there is no way to be root.
I've tried SuperOneClick, z4root, gingerbreak
nothing
I tried to install cwm with fastboot, to install the custom ROM,
fasboot flash recovery.img
ok
the file is copied, but not within the menu,
I tried all combinations of buttons but
nothing
Can you helpme?
sorry, my english is automatic

ruscan.calin

Nov 29, 2010
and I have the problem that there is no way to be root.
I've tried SuperOneClick, z4root, gingerbreak
nothing
I tried to install cwm with fastboot, to install the custom ROM,
fasboot flash recovery.img
ok
the file is copied, but not within the menu,
I tried all combinations of buttons but
nothing

make backup and give me link to it or post some screenshots to see what is this about
to flash CWM recovery use this post

Last edited:

springnull

Feb 14, 2012
Thanks for reply

thanks for answering,
I can not attach anything because I have 8 posts
I send you what I've done

C: \ Program Files \ Android \ android-sdk \ platform-tools> fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
sending 'recovery' (4458 KB) ...
OKAY [1.117s]
writing 'recovery' ...
OKAY [0.741s]
finished. Total time: 1.860s

C: \ Program Files \ Android \ android-sdk \ platform-tools> fastboot reboot
rebooting ...

finished. Total time: 0.002s

ok, now reboot and let down menu + volume +
and nothing
, black screen and buttons, back, menu and search, are illuminated

sorry for my English

Any advice?

thanks in advance

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    finally done CUSTOM ROM HERE TRY IT !

TO ALL PEOPLE HERE !

NOW UPLOADING ROM TO SERVER- 1/2 hour from now

YOU ARE INVITED TO TRY THIS CUSTOM ROM HOPE YOU LIKE !

Here is the new thread if you don't already know
    ROM Download links are up! Thank you!

Thanks! to be the first downloading this ROM !:)
    globul-stock-rom (unsigned)

http://www.mediafire.com/?4wx0uc047y990tf

edit: one question

/system/bin/toolbox and symlinks comming with stock rom or are added later from other app?

this is not important I guess was made later
    also I can make complete update.zip signed from these files
    but what for because I am (move)ing to a new thread so goodbye Move:D
    and welcome original/ clean OT-908 !

---------- Post added at 06:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 AM ----------

yes but for what price ? how do you pay me for that ?! suggest buy a beer:D

---------- Post added at 06:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 AM ----------

for all reading

UPDATE

After a long night I managed to root my 908s. I'll write out the jist of it, but I was flying by the seat of my pants, fueled by caffeine and sleep depervation. DON'T consider this a HOWTO.

First off, to the best of my knowlage there is no one click solution as of yet. As I said before still missing the driver that makes ADB work in windows, and handset based solutions didn't pan out. A little reasearch showed that the OT-990 has the same chip/ram and ROM space as ours. The screen is bigger, and I don't know what board is in it, but on a hunch I figured it was close enough. So I went here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1164391 in the hopes that some sort of combined effort in future ROM development would be possible.

Yes that's right folks its a guide to MANUALLY root you handset with ADB. So not for the faint of heart. I didn't have high hopes, as issuing ls -l on either the sqlite folder or data threw a permission denied. So blindly I tried to push psneuter, busybox and su to /data/local. I almost fell off my chair when it worked! from there I used psneuter to get ADB into root, and managed to get the su binary to /system/xbin, and Superuser into /system/app. Superuser was installed, but still no root. So I checked out Root Checker to see what was going on. There are three places that su typically lives; /system/xbin, /system/bin, and /sbin. So I tried to put su in those folders. I got it into /system/bin but sbin is mounted read-only. I did not remount any directories, as the instructions are lacking syntax (I'm a little rusty with advanced mounting commands). I think things are mapped a little differently anyway. I still did not have root on the handset, so I then fired up Superuser to see what it could see. It saw the su binary, even though it wasn't working right. Then I thought well if it can see it, then maybe it can update and fix it. Sure enough after running the update to su in Superuser, (drumroll please...) I had working root.

So that's my story so far, I'm gonna give Alcatel a week or so to reply to my request. Then we'll take it from there. (Hey it worked on Huewei right?)

If a real dev should come across this, feel free to jump in. Its a solid little phone and has the potential to work on a range of handsets.
    On czech T-Mobile support website moderator said the Gingerbread will be released later this month. I hope...

Odesláno z mého Galaxy Nexus pomocí Tapatalk 2