Questions and Answers thread

Search This thread

woshikevin

Dec 29, 2011
er.. anyone using whatsapp?
my contacts in whatsapp dont show their profile picture, all show the android photo only..
i've linked them to facebook account already..

Loushi

Oct 16, 2011
er.. anyone using whatsapp?
my contacts in whatsapp dont show their profile picture, all show the android photo only..
i've linked them to facebook account already..

and their photos are shown in people?
if yes, than try to clear the data from ur whatsapp settings (backup conversations if needed) and reopen it.

hope that helps

timfoote

Mar 18, 2009
Hey guys

My wife has a Sensation XL and it has just started playing up when charging. It will charge for about 5 seconds, then stop charging for about 1 minute, then start again! I have tried a different charger and also tried pulling the battery and trying again.

So far I haven't found this symptom with the searching i've done but would appreciate some advice on what to do to try and fix it!

Cheers

Rxche

Mar 25, 2012
Screen freezing/unresponsive

Ive had my phone since Christmas and after a month the screen froze and became unresponsive. This happened once every couple of weeks but in this last month it happens every day now and about 10 times each day. I have factory reset it about 5 times now and its no different.
Has anyone else experienced this or know off a way to fix it?

lameazz

Jan 20, 2009
Maribor
Led light

How about led light blinking when call/sms recived.. how long led blinks ? Is it adjustable by some app or ... cause in settings we just can mark in which situation led light blinks.
Thanks in advance.

lameazz

Jan 20, 2009
Maribor
till u open ur notifications area

check the market, found some but not really sure how (or even if) they work on XL, like "light flow - LED control" said ur HTC must be rooted to get access to ur LED control!

regards :)

Hm.. weird, cause i was watching led and on my device, and it blinks only few minutes, meybe max 5.. so after "5" minutes led is off and u cant se any notification from sms/call. So i was wondering if there is some app tu adjust led like in bln.

And yes i have had this app, but it seem that led with this blinks whole time, or meybe i set something wrong,..i dont know. So i deleted it.

Loushi

Oct 16, 2011
Hm.. weird, cause i was watching led and on my device, and it blinks only few minutes, meybe max 5.. so after "5" minutes led is off and u cant se any notification from sms/call. So i was wondering if there is some app tu adjust led like in bln.

And yes i have had this app, but it seem that led with this blinks whole time, or meybe i set something wrong,..i dont know. So i deleted it.

ah yeah, i really hate notifications so i dont pay attention of the LED light
anyway i just saw the HTC forum regarding this, and found that the time is exactly 5 mins!

Dec 12, 2010
Mandaluyong
Charging only reaches 99%

Does anyone else have this problem? My battery only charges up to 99% and stays on the orange LED.

This only started to happen last week, and at the same time my phone would just suddenly shut off at random intervals.

Any idea on what the problem is?

Thanks!
Kian

jackpot20

Apr 12, 2011
Facebook chat widget

so the problem is :: i have the FB chat widget on one of the 7 scroll-screens (it doesnt matter on which one it is ) when THE CHAT IS online and i go to that screen and stay for 3-5 seconds the phone restarts !! anyone else have this problem ?? it is doing just with fb chat widget ..
thanks in advance

candyman993

Aug 26, 2011
Google Pixel
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Hi there I am experiencing the same problem jackpot20.my honest opinion is I think it's HTC sense crashing it only ever does it on the fb app but didn't do it all the time either just every now and then.but is annoying

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using XDA

saitek1911

Apr 15, 2012
TROMSØ
Have root, but cannot install ROM (red Exclamation mark)

Hi and hello.

So i just rooted my phone, but i can't seem to install any ROMS.

Phone: HTC Sensation XL - With beats audio.

After i unlocked my booter at HTCDEV and rootet my phone i downloaded
ROM Manager, then i klicked on:

"Flash clockworkMod Recovery"
(ClockworkMod2.x)

Then "install ROM from SD Card"

Then i give premision to Superuser...it reboots, HTC logo comes up, then i see green flash drive with and arrow pointing into it, and after 3 seconds i see a black phone with an Exclamation in a triangle.

Is there anything i missed?
I googled a little and someone where talking about deleteing a "boot" file via Root Explorer, but i didn't find that File on my HTC Sensation XL.

Please help me.. =(

gogaz_

Apr 16, 2012
Hi guys,
i just bought a HTC Sensation XL which doesn't boot (low price, of course)
the problem i got seems to be solved pages 1&2 but there is one other: CWM is in chinese: can somebody help me mount this phone on a computer by sending screenshots or telling which menu option i should use ?
thanks in advance !

- gogaz

UPDATE: i found the correct menu item but now i don't know how to flash some ROM on the phone:
the phone is not booting, it keeps on the "HTC" white screen, is there any way to
1 - put CWM in english
2 - restore factory rom
??

Last edited:

LaLey

Jan 25, 2009
...CWM is in chinese: can somebody help me mount this phone on a computer by sending screenshots or telling which menu option i should use ?
Probably i would prefer reflashing the whole SXL. Because when there is a chinese CWM in it, there can be more chinese stuff!?
So check if the bootloader is locked (start with step 1.)
or if the bootloader is unlocked (start with step 2.)
Here u can find everything u need

Normally the first 3 steps should be enough...
u can use ICS beneath of step 3, if u want to.
But theres no need ;)

Now i've got a question too:
My stock SXL is rooted and bootloader is unlocked.
I made a CWM backup from this complete ROM.
When i relock my Bootloader now, i can restore this backup and all my data will be back !?... for sure, thats the job of CWM, right? :rolleyes:
1. But do i still have root?
2. can i temp UNroot my device with OTA RootKeper and check for OTA Updates?

EDIT:
Now i tried to relock my bootloader with the htc supertool v3.
All my data is still there (didn't wipe) and bootloader is now *** relocked ***

But i still have CWM installed. So i can't get an OTA update, right?
I need the stock recovery image for the SXL !?
But where to find?

Last edited:

lameazz

Jan 20, 2009
Maribor
Is there any app or mod, that the phone vibrates once when a call starts and meybe when ends ?

EDIT:

I found the application, which vibrates at the beginning and end of call ( Vibrate Call app ) Tested and works fine.

Last edited:

sanverkapur

Apr 20, 2011
Jaipur
Moto G5S Plus
Vivo V20
Help me please

Hey Guys

i just recently brought a sensaton xl :cool:
-followed guide to unlock bootloader from HTCDEV:)
but cannot root with droomlords v4 root tool or the one click tool:mad::mad::mad:

-now can i flash CWM recovery with fastboot????:confused::confused: or do i have to wait for the rooting tools to support my software version

i know this question must be answered somewhere in this thread but please can someone guide me on this!!
i dont have patience!!
need to get this thing rooted asap :p

version number is - 1.27.720.2

lameazz

Jan 20, 2009
Maribor
Hey Guys

i just recently brought a sensaton xl :cool:
-followed guide to unlock bootloader from HTCDEV:)
but cannot root with droomlords v4 root tool or the one click tool:mad::mad::mad:

-now can i flash CWM recovery with fastboot????:confused::confused: or do i have to wait for the rooting tools to support my software version

i know this question must be answered somewhere in this thread but please can someone guide me on this!!
i dont have patience!!
need to get this thing rooted asap :p

version number is - 1.27.720.2

I think with this sw root will not work (for now), people already have problems with root on earlier sw..

Mar 29, 2012
Interwebs
sensation xl kt version 1.17.1010.1 korea

been trying to root my phone now for about a week really like this phone doom lords root doesnt seem to work always read only cant complete actions, have tried manual root with gingerbreak and a few others just gets stuck after i execute if anyone could throw me some tips it would help, have torn through these forums and havent seen anything really done with the kt korean rom.:confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CWM - mount & storage - mount usb storage - plug to computer
    how to turn of 3g on htc sensation XL,i cant find it?
    thnks

Settings > Wireless and Networks > Mobile networks > Network Mode > Select GSM only (WCDMA is 3G)

Voilla!

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

Hi.
    How is the sound of the speakers raised?
    RCMix Runny XL v1.2 Im use this ROM

Can you be more specific? Doe you mean when the phone is ringing or when you are listening to music or in a call??

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

Hi all one quick question why isn't there a ics version of sensation xl? For xe an sensation simple there is.
    It will come ? Somebody Knows when?

That is a leaked version of ICS, could be stable, could be buggy but still just for the XE

all we know for 'sure' is Q1 2012 so anytime from now till March for the ICS SXL release, just keep an ear to the ground for now
    Thank you
    I am not a Dev, but I want get sdcard up to 12 GB by resize system partition that have 4 GB unuse space!
    Do you think it is work?
    Oh, something, write where?

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using xda app-developers app

No it wont work. and your sd card is 8 gb :)
    rooted the phone..
    recovery.img flashed..
    boot.img flashed..
    reboot into recovery..
    wipe data/factory reset..
    and then flashed RCmix3D v.12
    just as requested....
    and i got stuck in the first boot page (white HTC page) :(

wipe data/factory reset again..
    fastboot > factory reset..

and im still there

any help?
    you have to flash the Chinese ROM 1st -> boot it -> wipe -> then flash RCmix3D
    Did you flash the correct version of gapps? For 4.2.2?

Sent from my Find 5 using XDA Premium HD app

I flashed it with right gapps, and still this was happening :(

---------- Post added at 02:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 AM ----------

Thank you so much for helping. :) I'd be able to do this but I can't access any of the menus in my phone as I can't press the home button. How would I go about deleting date from contacts storage without having to go to the settings menu? :confused:

I'm using clockworkmod if it helps. :)

Could I delete date from contacts storage by formatting something?

Yea and real sorry i meant to type DATA not date... Can you open setting from status bar?