help flash cwm on non root 9.4.2.21 unlocked

Search This thread

ogrekane313

Apr 11, 2012
i have a .21 prime i used the unlock tool but i can seem to figure out how to flash CWM to get a rooted rom. i tried abd from the cmd on my win7 pc, and tried fastboot, even terminal emulator. i must be doing something wrong. can someone help with a step by step how to kinda confused by most of the instructions to use adb or fastboot. and i see comands for both starting with a # but all i see is a $ when i use them?

antny01

Nov 18, 2010
i have a .21 prime i used the unlock tool but i can seem to figure out how to flash CWM to get a rooted rom. i tried abd from the cmd on my win7 pc, and tried fastboot, even terminal emulator. i must be doing something wrong. can someone help with a step by step how to kinda confused by most of the instructions to use adb or fastboot. and i see comands for both starting with a # but all i see is a $ when i use them?

I think you might be confusing the different methods of flashing CWM (i.e., Rooted or non-rooted). ADB, as I understand it, can only be used for rooted devices. Provided you already unlucked the bootloader, you need to use the fastboot method to flash your recovery.

The problem with a lot of the tutorials out there, is they were written with a rooted device in mind. Since .21 became the norm, and root is off the table (for now), some of the guides don't clearly indicate the steps you have to take.

Take a look at this site. He's got a few videos and step by step tutorials to help you out.

http: // transformerprimeroot(dot)com / transformer-prime-recovery/how-to-install-clockworkmod-recovery-5-8-2-0-on-transformer-prime

Just work on getting fastboot running, and you should have an easy time from there.....good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: beekay201

ogrekane313

Apr 11, 2012
awesome but how to get fastboot to work the guide i saw said extract zip and put the cwm file where you extracyed zip. then said open command line and navigate to folder where i extracted fastboot zip using "cd". then tells me to enter command line. lol ok whats cd and how do i navigate? thanks man

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

knives of ice

Jul 12, 2007
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
awesome but how to get fastboot to work the guide i saw said extract zip and put the cwm file where you extracyed zip. then said open command line and navigate to folder where i extracted fastboot zip using "cd". then tells me to enter command line. lol ok whats cd and how do i navigate? thanks man

Cd is a dos command in the example. In windows you type cmd to get to command prompt mac I have no idea

ogrekane313

Apr 11, 2012
ok how do i navigate to the folder that i extracted fastboot in

dominoslave

Nov 27, 2010
Eagan, MN
Use windows explorer to navigate to the folder. Highlight the folder, hold shift and right click. Then select open command prompt

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk 2

ogrekane313

Apr 11, 2012
omg thats just what i needed i now have cwm thank you so so so much

Spidey01

Sep 16, 2011
Duluth

Solutions for stuff like that can be fixed by reading Wikipedia (unix and dos commands), an appropriate book for the operating system, or Googling. Too few non-developers (and shamefully to many developers now're days) sometimes are aware of how more than clicky-clicky works but we all have to learn sometime.

I once spent like 3 weeks with a FreeBSD system after not touching the command prompt since "Insert floppy, type this and press enter to run game" days and got very proficient.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Very welcome. Feels good finally being able to help someone

I think you might be confusing the different methods of flashing CWM (i.e., Rooted or non-rooted). ADB, as I understand it, can only be used for rooted devices. Provided you already unlucked the bootloader, you need to use the fastboot method to flash your recovery.

The problem with a lot of the tutorials out there, is they were written with a rooted device in mind. Since .21 became the norm, and root is off the table (for now), some of the guides don't clearly indicate the steps you have to take.

Take a look at this site. He's got a few videos and step by step tutorials to help you out.

http: // transformerprimeroot(dot)com / transformer-prime-recovery/how-to-install-clockworkmod-recovery-5-8-2-0-on-transformer-prime

Just work on getting fastboot running, and you should have an easy time from there.....good luck!

Cd is a dos command in the example. In windows you type cmd to get to command prompt mac I have no idea
    Use windows explorer to navigate to the folder. Highlight the folder, hold shift and right click. Then select open command prompt