[ROM] CM9 4.0.4 Kang | v0.3 | Working FFC/Camcorder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

PharmCAT

Apr 27, 2011
I really like your "detailed" install, especially the clearing of the caches, never considered doing them after each .zip flash.

Will see how it goes for the day. :D

bcs296

Aug 28, 2010
Followed your instructions but can't get any service now. Just seeing "R" and an "x" in the signal bars. Anybody else? Maybe I didn't do something right...

EDIT: FIXED. Reflashed and rebooted a couple of times, all working now.

Last edited:

mikesincredible

Aug 15, 2010
Excellent rom! Only issue I just come across is I'm not able to send mms ...using aeros ics kernel.. anybody confirm?

Sent from my Incredible 2 using XDA

PharmCAT

Apr 27, 2011
Have been running the rom all day now without any issues. Is there any reason I should stick with this than the CM9 port that aero's is managing?

bcs296

Aug 28, 2010
Enjoying this ROM so far. Wireless hotspot works, MMS works, market works, camera works. Don't care too much about the camcorder. No complaints here.

EDIT: Also -- runs real nice at 1.3ghz.

Last edited:

bracketslash

Oct 1, 2011
Columbus, Ohio
Still haven't been able to figure that out. The preview is fine, but the actual pictures are inverted.

Should just be able to rotate them, but it's annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Saw that there weren't many CM9 kangs with working camera and dialer, so I figured I might as well try to help out.

I'd just like to point out that I'm a "beginner" developer, having only basic knowledge of AOSP, etc. I can try to fix problems, but I love it when people help me. I'd like to get everything to get to a "we all help each other" stage, but I guess that won't happen :p

That being said, please help me to help you. I'd like to learn, and I'm sure you would too. If you know solutions to problems, post them here. If you have a problem that you need solved, maybe someone can help.

I'm not responsible for what these files do to your phone, but I sure hope that nothing bad happens!​

Changelog
    April 8th
    - v0.3: CM9 resync, latest SKIA library for added butter, and a working camcorder (480p)

March 29th
    - v0.1: Cherry-picked camera fixes, liboverlay fixes, dialer fixes, initial 4.0.4 merge.
    - v0.2: KANG -> bracketkang, Add support for Android encryption, reserved final 16kb of /data for encryption footer, forced recovery to reserve the final 16kb of the data partition, fixed FFC (now shows right-side-up)

Not working:
    You tell me!

Downloads
    ROM:

• MOD EDIT : LINKS REMOVED FROM THE OP, TO PREVENT FUTURE ISSUES
    Directions
    1. Format cache and system
    2. Flash the rom, let it boot up
    3. OPTIONAL: Flash aeroevan's latest ICS kernel (has smartassv2 kernel, highly recommended), clear dalvik cache and format cache, let it boot up
    4. Reboot into recovery, flash gapps, clear dalvik cache and format cache, let it boot up
    5. Done!

MMS Fix
    Navigate to Settings->More (Under Networks)->Mobile Networks->Access Point Names->Menu Button->New
    Fill in with this info:

Name: Verizon
    APN: internet
    MMSC: http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms

Then, press the menu button, and press save.

Credits
    • CyanogenMod Team
    • aeroevan
    • HTC
    • AOSP and all developers
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1134451&page=36
    Post #354 for all that want .1111 radio.

Please hit thanks for those that were nice enough to upload the radios for us in that thread.
    Updated OP with MMS fix.
    glad you guys are liking it!