[ROM][NEW] FD16 Stock. Rooted ODEX/DEODEX ICS 4.0.3

Search This thread

jt_hatch

Jan 15, 2012
Urbana, IL
I think this build has improved battery usage.
It's too soon to say but so far the battery usage graph is pretty horizontal.
Let's hope Sammy and Sprint did something about ICS battery.

Wow -- now that tFD10 0.1.0 settled in it def has the best battery life I have ever seen on this phone. If FD16 improves over FD10 -- all I can say is I can't WAIT to see what happens when you get a tweaked/themed tFD16 up.

Also, if I can put in a vote -- I'd love to see you do an odexed version of tFD16. I've been running deodexed ROMs forever; tFD10 was the first time in a long while I ran odexed for very long and I can't quit raving about it. (John Corleone -- you are _so_ right.) Deodexed is great too, but... I feel no need to change the theme on your ROM so for me deodexing doesn't do anything good for me. (NOT saying it doesn't do good for others.)

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

mind sound rude, but how's the GPS for this modem too, good?

Not running full ROM but flashed FD16 modem last night... GPS locked instamatic for me, and indoors too. (Note I *never* got a lock indoors anywhere on GB modems.)

Reactions: JohnCorleone

scarmon25

Feb 18, 2011
Knoxville, TN
Which one is affecting the battery performance? Is it the Kernel or the modem?

Thx

Honestly not sure, I was running the FD10 Modem/Kernel and was getting good battery life and then I flashed the FD16 Modem/Kernel and it seems to have slowed to a crawl now. I thought FD10 was great but this seems to be better. I am going to have to get on the FD16 Build too. As for which, Not real sure as I always pair my modem and kernels off the same build. I feel I get better results that way.

agat63

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 14, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Which one is affecting the battery performance? Is it the Kernel or the modem?

Thx

Little bit of both.
Kernel most probably has more impact but if modem is not good your phone will be constantly looking for connection which will drain battery as well.

mind sound rude, but how's the GPS for this modem too, good?

Never had problems with GPS so can't say anything bout that.

Reactions: FastRX8

agat63

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 14, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
To answer a few requests in one post.
Stock rooted deodexed version is uploading right now.
I have tFD16 odex/deodex versions ready for upload.
Will start upload in a bit.
So you will have both versions available for testing/using.
Since sammy changes some hex handling the classes.dex is not part of the theming anymore that makes possible to theme odexed roms/files.

indratj

Jul 1, 2007
Jakarta
Little bit of both.
Kernel most probably has more impact but if modem is not good your phone will be constantly looking for connection which will drain battery as well.

Thanks Agat, let me flash the modem and see the battery performance using this modem. I'd like to flash the new ROM, but since there are no recovery option so i think I'll wait for a little longer.

Thanks again Agat for what you have done.

DataHawg

Aug 26, 2010
East Seattle
I agree with jt. I ran StrongSteve's odexed GB rom for many months. Every time i tried another GB Rom I always went back to it. I dont care about flashing a theme, either. I prefer the status bar and maybe the dialer themed but other than that the rest can be all stock and I'm happy. Looking forward to 1.1

Top Liked Posts