Bluetooth incompatibility with internal storage encryption

Search This thread

RocknTroll

Apr 10, 2012
I have an issue with my One X whereby the use of internal storage encryption disables all bluetooth functionality. What I mean by this is that after internal storage encryption is enabled, the bluetooth toggle button within the device's settings menu becomes greyed out. I can still switch it to "on" while it is greyed out, but the function never actually turns on. If I then exit and re-enter settings, the bluetooth toggle button will return to "off". Thus, it is not possible to use the bluetooth function on my device while internal storage encryption is enabled as it won't turn on, regardless of whether I intend to transfer files or connect a headset.

This issue occurred when the device was fresh, prior to the installation of any apps or download of any files. Even after a factory reset, which brings back Bluetooth functionality, the issue repeats itself once internal storage encryption is again enabled.

After contacting HTC support on two separate occasions (via email and chat), I was twice told to perform a soft reset by.. and I quote.. "removing the battery from the phone while it is still powered on" and "leaving it out for 5 minutes". Challenge accepted?

Is anyone able to confirm this issue with their device? Is it a fact of life or is there a way around it? Is there something I'm missing? Any help would be much, much appreciated.

RocknTroll

Apr 10, 2012
I want to add that enabling phone storage encryption, which is separate from internal storage encryption in this device, will cause it to wipe the phone storage first. That includes the deletion of pre-installed gallery and music items.

davotoula

Mar 21, 2011
I have the same issue

Brand new phone.

Encrypted the storage.

Since then unable to start / use bluetooth.

Very poor for a flagship device!

drramana

Mar 1, 2008
wakefield
same with me.. I activated NHS.net exchange account on one X with encryption..bluetooth stopped working...had to decide between email and bluetooth.. hope HTC fixes this bug soon.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hurray!!! my bluetooth back to life with the 1.28 OTA update..thanks HTC