[ROM]-[MikRoms]- [3/9/2012] - MikShifted-G v2.1 - Re-Engineered GB Sense 2.1 + 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Hubertkilgore

Mar 20, 2012
A few questions. Did you Unzip the shiftrewt.zip file into AndroidSDK platform-tools? Did you move the misc.img file to the Root of your SD Card? Did you make sure to follow all the steps? If you did all that it should say locked. Now you have to Boot into HBOOT, and run the 2.2 RUU exe. If the RUU doesn't run from HBOOT. BOOT into fastboot and run the RUU exe. from FASTBOOT. It should then downgrade your device to 2.2 ( FROYO ). After that use ShiftRR, or the manual method to Root the device.

i have it locked now , so now im going to try to downgrade like you said

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

i have sucess now if i could just get shiftrr to work

prboy1969

May 7, 2009
Michigan
i have it locked now , so now im going to try to downgrade like you said

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

i have sucess now if i could just get shiftrr to work

Make a folder on your Desktop Screen. Shut off your Anti-Virus Program ( or else it thinks ShiftRR is a Virus ) . Put the ShiftRR File in the folder. Extract the contents the ShiftRR file in that folder. Look for the little Green guy ( the EXE. ) . Connect your device to the PC via USB, on charge. Make sure USB Debugging is on, and also allow Unknown Resources. Double click on the little Green guy to launch the program. Then hit Check Root, it will say your not Rooted. Hit Root, and it will ask you to install Eng, click yes. Then hit Root again, and follow the prompts. After that go into Google Play ( Android Market ) . Download RomManager, open the program, and follow the prompts to flash CWM Recovery. Your done ;) .

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

Restart the PC, and your device.

bigmoneygrip23

May 10, 2011
St. Louis
Loving this ROM (actually its on my wife's phone). But, there's been two instances where the phone just totally froze and then soft rebooted itself after some time. Until it rebooted, it was totally locked up. Would have done a battery pull, but the otterbox case is impossible to get off. As a long time android user (and rom flashing fiend), these things can happen. But, its my wife phone, and she's much less patient/understanding than I am about it.

Anyone else having any issues like this?

I recently rooted it, wiped everything (cache, data, system, dalvik), then applied this ROM (v2.1) and the newest cellular radio from VICODAN. That's all i've done to it. Are occasional reboots recommended? I noticed in the Mik Tweaks theres the option to wipe cache and/or dalvik. Is that something that should be done every so often?

strapped365

Mar 14, 2011
Columbus
Loving this ROM (actually its on my wife's phone). But, there's been two instances where the phone just totally froze and then soft rebooted itself after some time. Until it rebooted, it was totally locked up. Would have done a battery pull, but the otterbox case is impossible to get off. As a long time android user (and rom flashing fiend), these things can happen. But, its my wife phone, and she's much less patient/understanding than I am about it.

Anyone else having any issues like this?

I recently rooted it, wiped everything (cache, data, system, dalvik), then applied this ROM (v2.1) and the newest cellular radio from VICODAN. That's all i've done to it. Are occasional reboots recommended? I noticed in the Mik Tweaks theres the option to wipe cache and/or dalvik. Is that something that should be done every so often?

You should reboot the phone on a daily basis, I do anyways, also check the clock speed of the CPU, it could be over Clocked too high. Also sometimes a random reboot happens here in xda land

Also if I wipe cache and dalvik, i do it from recovery

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: bigmoneygrip23

Evo_Shift

Jan 17, 2011
I installed this on my wife's phone and when she is in a call and pulls the phone away from her face the screen doesn't turn back on so she has a hard time hanging up if she needs to. Anything I can do about that?

prboy1969

May 7, 2009
Michigan
I installed this on my wife's phone and when she is in a call and pulls the phone away from her face the screen doesn't turn back on so she has a hard time hanging up if she needs to. Anything I can do about that?

Either the proximity sensor calibration is off, or something else is wrong. Does she have a case on the phone? Was the Sensor working correctly before you flashed MikShifted G ? Do you have a Nand of what the phone was on before this? If so Nand back, and see if the Sensor works correctly.

Reactions: Evo_Shift

Dread 7us

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 25, 2010

Its probably the proximity sensor. I know mines gone out and it makes phone calling a real chore. You can test it with this free market app proximity sensor finder: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tigermonster.proxfinder

Sent from my PG06100 using xda premium

Evo_Shift

Jan 17, 2011
Thanks guys. I didn't even think to check that. She just got a new case within days of me flashing the ROM and the cut out for the speaker isn't large enough and it completely covers the sensor. Kind of annoying since the case is otherwise perfect and seems like it is of good quality.

prboy1969

May 7, 2009
Michigan
You can take the case off. Then mark it, and trim it out to fit carefully. A little at a time, then check to see how it fits. Just want to leave about a 1/16" all around the sensor. Had to do the same thing to a TP2 Case back in the day.

bigmoneygrip23

May 10, 2011
St. Louis
You should reboot the phone on a daily basis, I do anyways, also check the clock speed of the CPU, it could be over Clocked too high.

Well, i was downloading dread's reboot scheduler app, and it froze up on me again while in the market app. Checked the cpu speed with the antutu (sp?) app and it was at 1209 MHz (max). I guess that's the default setting for the 2.1 rom (Dodge kernel baked in). I bumped it down to 1113 MHz . I would've thought it could've handled 1.2 just fine based on what i've read on here. But, anyway, we'll see how that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts