Installing AOKP

Search This thread

jaliscojorge

Nov 18, 2008
Hi everyone, this is my first post in the sensation forums. Here is my question. A friend of mine has the sensation in stock form and wants to me to install AOKP on it. I've been reading up on how to get s-off and installing cwr. Now I have a vibrant and if on a stock or froyo rom installing a cm7 rom is recommended prior to installing any ics rom to get partitions and such correctly. Is there a rom that needs to be flashed before I can flash his sensation with the aokp rom or is it safe to flash straight from stock rom. Thanks in advanced.

Sent from tapatalk V2 B6 from ics powered vibrant

sshede

Dec 30, 2011
The process goes basically like this:

A) Unlock the bootloader by means of Revolutionary.io
B) Root the Stock Rom
C) Flash 4EXT recovery from the APK downloaded at 4ext.net
D) Download the 3.32 unlocked firmware from the dev thread.
E) Put firmware PG58IMG file on root of SD card and hit up the bootloader, apply firmware.
F) Remove firmware file from SD card so you can get to 4EXT recovery from the bootloader.
G) Put rom on SD card, reboot into recovery, flash rom.

Only one problem is that AOKP isn't really supported, or 100% ready to roll on this device. Virtuous Inquisition or ARHD + Shnizlon's AOSP mod is a much more stable, feature-packed approach.

Reactions: jaliscojorge

jaliscojorge

Nov 18, 2008
Thanks sshede, that's a pretty good tut you wrote for me there. And I'll definitely search and look into the roms you recommend. And also time for me to start downloading all those files and the drivers for his phone. I probably won't mod his phone till this weekend so it will give me more time to do my reading up. Thanks once again.

Sent from tapatalk V2 B6 from ics powered vibrant

BurnRubber90

May 1, 2011
Guayaquil
Lol wut. Aokp is faster, more stable and smoother than VI. I have been using it for like 1 month without a single reboot. Only few bugs (480p camcorder) that don't affect the experience at all. Give it a try, you will think CM is a joke after using AOKP's ROM Control (which is a compilation of a LOT of tweaks/mods/etc).

Sent from my Sensation using Tapatalk 2

sshede

Dec 30, 2011
Lol wut. Aokp is faster, more stable and smoother than VI. I have been using it for like 1 month without a single reboot. Only few bugs (480p camcorder) that don't affect the experience at all. Give it a try, you will think CM is a joke after using AOKP's ROM Control (which is a compilation of a LOT of tweaks/mods/etc).

Totally subjective. Some people prefer 480p because it doesn't use nearly as much space. Bluetooth isn't 100% functioning either. It may not bother you, but some people need them. And I've tried my fair share of both Sense and AOSP-based roms, nothing is more stable than Sense-based roms right now. All the drivers are straight from HTC, nothing's been patched together.

BurnRubber90

May 1, 2011
Guayaquil
Totally subjective. Some people prefer 480p because it doesn't use nearly as much space. Bluetooth isn't 100% functioning either. It may not bother you, but some people need them. And I've tried my fair share of both Sense and AOSP-based roms, nothing is more stable than Sense-based roms right now. All the drivers are straight from HTC, nothing's been patched together.

Yes. The main problem I had with VI was the random black screen of death. Had to pull battery away every couple days as the phone wouldn't turn back on. That's why I don't like that ROM.
And, well, its personal preferences ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The process goes basically like this:

A) Unlock the bootloader by means of Revolutionary.io
    B) Root the Stock Rom
    C) Flash 4EXT recovery from the APK downloaded at 4ext.net
    D) Download the 3.32 unlocked firmware from the dev thread.
    E) Put firmware PG58IMG file on root of SD card and hit up the bootloader, apply firmware.
    F) Remove firmware file from SD card so you can get to 4EXT recovery from the bootloader.
    G) Put rom on SD card, reboot into recovery, flash rom.

Only one problem is that AOKP isn't really supported, or 100% ready to roll on this device. Virtuous Inquisition or ARHD + Shnizlon's AOSP mod is a much more stable, feature-packed approach.

Yes. The main problem I had with VI was the random black screen of death. Had to pull battery away every couple days as the phone wouldn't turn back on. That's why I don't like that ROM.
    And, well, its personal preferences ;)