57 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

Post Reply Email Thread
13th April 2012, 04:50 AM |#11  
OP Member
Flag Sacramento

More
[QUOTE=reaper24;24787451]Ya you can do that to make it easier to get into hboot .

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium[/QUOT

thanks again and i'll let you know how it goes

19th April 2012, 04:25 PM |#12  
OP Member
Flag Sacramento

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTzLOLtrain

Put your phone on fasboot usb .
Run RUU.EXE
And your set. It will take about 10 min to complete.
Realize that if you remove your USB while its updating your phone might end up bricked so be careful to not get it unplugged.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Right on thanks guys i finally got around to doing all this and it worked. One last question....Any advice on a particular ROM to flash? I was looking at the Nocturnal Adrenaline E3D 1.0.2 ODEX?? what do you guys think? Thanks again for all the help...
20th April 2012, 09:48 AM |#13  
Flag Virginia
Thanks Meter: 1,179

More
I'm currently running MeanRom 3.92. It's really good. Lots of features & easily over clockable on included ziggy kernel or Anthrax Rls8 Final. Also includes other options that get loaded onto sdcard for flashing.

I flashed leedroid Tweaks, & anthrax, clocked to 1.728Ghz. Stable, fast, quadrant average about 4k.

All up to your preference really, but some consider it a good idea to stick with 2.17 based roms if that's the radio base you have.

The Following User Says Thank You to mpgrimm2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mpgrimm2 Ad-Free
20th April 2012, 09:54 AM |#14  
OP Member
Flag Sacramento

More
Ok cool,and i can just flash that using the fastboot method right? What about the kernel? Do I need to flash that seperately or does it all go in with the rom?

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA
20th April 2012, 10:03 AM |#15  
Flag Virginia
Thanks Meter: 1,179

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by casper916

Ok cool,and i can just flash that using the fastboot method right? What about the kernel? Do I need to flash that seperately or does it all go in with the rom?

Yes, once you enter recovery VIA fastboot command prompt everything will flash fine. See the Hboot 1.50 guide flashing notes in my signature for details or just get 4ext recovery.

The Following User Says Thank You to mpgrimm2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mpgrimm2 Ad-Free
20th April 2012, 03:41 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 59

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpgrimm2

Yes, once you enter recovery VIA fastboot command prompt everything will flash fine. See the Hboot 1.50 guide flashing notes in my signature for details or just get 4ext recovery.

+1

we are android, android is us
The Following User Says Thank You to hitman4274 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hitman4274 Ad-Free
20th April 2012, 05:56 PM |#17  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 122

More
Did you connect the EVO to your USB

Sent From my EVO 3D x515m s off using xda premium
21st April 2012, 12:27 AM |#18  
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 582

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

run 4ext recovery, u dont need a usb cord...and the best rom out right now is ZR3D

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1561999
22nd April 2012, 09:01 AM |#19  
OP Member
Flag Sacramento

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by evomike77

run 4ext recovery, u dont need a usb cord...and the best rom out right now is ZR3D

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1561999

Ok i got 4ext recovery and am trying to figure it all out, I read the thread on 4ext but I'm totally confused. I download the rom, put it on the root of my sd
Card, then open 4ext and when I install through 4ext do I still do the full wipe/dalvik cache wipe, etc. Etc? Or can I just install Zip from sd Card?
22nd April 2012, 06:55 PM |#20  
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 582

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Ok i got 4ext recovery and am trying to figure it all out, I read the thread on 4ext but I'm totally confused. I download the rom, put it on the root of my sd
Card, then open 4ext and when I install through 4ext do I still do the full wipe/dalvik cache wipe, etc. Etc? Or can I just install Zip from sd Card?

it works the same as any other recovery, but when you choose the zip to install, a menu will pop up asking you what to do prior to the flash, that is where you do all your wiping...enjoy
27th April 2012, 12:20 AM |#21  
OP Member
Flag Sacramento

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by evomike77

it works the same as any other recovery, but when you choose the zip to install, a menu will pop up asking you what to do prior to the flash, that is where you do all your wiping...enjoy

ok so i got 4ext recovery downloaded the nocturnals-adrenaline rom with the aroma installer. I just have to say that the aroma installer is very nice to have and made the flash and install so much easier. Does the aroma installer work for all the roms or only for that particular one? Thank you guys for all the help i am running the nocturnals-andrenaline rom with no problems at all....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)