[Q/A][18-02-12]General Chat !! All XDA'ers Welcomed!

Is this Thread/Topic Good Enough and was it a good idea ?

• Total voters
Search This thread

szymko1995

Aug 3, 2010
Bytom, PL
What is the best ics ROM for NeoV?
I'm currently using cm9 but I need to have properly working video recording.
I should be fast as hell and fluent.
Please, answer, because tomorrow I'll have to record something.

can anyone continue this project for us to get the better quality of our cam that we deserve and Sony is limiting us to use the camera in its full potential

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1309080

sorry for my bad english:mad::mad::mad:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=24147607

This mod enables you to shoot 720p @ 10mbps. Nothing higher than media_profiles.xml allows to prevent bloated size and choppy performance. Compatible with any ics beta based Rom on arc and neo too.

Added fw 562 version (Both Leaked and Nordic) and 14Mbps for it too :)

sent from my white ray using XDA App :)

10 chars

Reactions: innocence07

unisol107

Feb 23, 2012
Bhopal
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Redmi K20 Pro
What is the best ics ROM for NeoV?
I'm currently using cm9 but I need to have properly working video recording.
I should be fast as hell and fluent.
Please, answer, because tomorrow I'll have to record something.

Better go back to gingerbread...no ics rom is perfect in video recording....and in gb also...don't go for cm7 or miui....they too are a bit buggy in recording...and if you want current ics roms to be fluent and fast as hell...then better wait.
However I like KA15...but emanns i-scream, festa's ics and aimcr7's roms too are great if we consider how much work they have done on the rudimentary stock ics.

Sent from my MT11i using XDA

Aarush

Jan 11, 2012
New Delhi
I'll revert back to gb tomorrow, sick of ics now.
Good gb roms for daily use?
Eyeing emmans, suggestions?

Sent from my neo V

Whoah! Does this work on the Neo too?

Just realised something pressing down the camera key and home button together when the screen is off activates the camera similar to the Xperia S saving you even more time then having to slide the camera key. Pressing the camera key on its own doesn't, but good to see Sony gave it to arc users

thought I'd share :)

Reactions: ThilinaC

ThilinaC

Nov 19, 2008
Kandy
bit.ly
Whoah! Does this work on the Neo too?

Haha works on my neo v :D
Nice little feature xD

Edit-You don't need to press both keys the same time,just hard press camera key and it works in any app ;)
in screen lock press home key to activate screen and press camera key ;)

Sent from my MT11i using xda premium

Last edited:

senthilrameshjv

Nov 10, 2011
Chennai
Hi I am planning to root my phone this weekend. Its not even a month since i bought my phone but can't wait to enjoy the rooted features. So, here are the questions i have. (Dont worry im not gonna bug u all for pointers to root)

Just an info about the phone.
Neo V MT 11 I
Build Number 4.0.2.A.0.62
Kernel Version 2.6.32.9-perf. SEMCUser@SEMCHost#1
Baseband Version ends in 64
Android 2.3.4

Now the clarifications.
1. I want to root and unlock the BL. Should the order matter. Can i unlock even after root?
2. If i want to Unlock unofficially, just to make sure my warranty is on, is there any way I can do other than S1 tool. I also need this method to give me option of relocking just in case i prefer warranty.
3. Is root needed for upgrading to ICS?
4. Is there a way to come back to GB if the ICS is not good enough?
5. What do u suggest me? Root in GB itself, know how it works and go to ICS? Or upgrade to ICS and if i dont like, come back to GB.
6. What is the general feedaback or how do u feel about the ICS in Neo V?

ThilinaC

Nov 19, 2008
Kandy
bit.ly
Hi I am planning to root my phone this weekend. Its not even a month since i bought my phone but can't wait to enjoy the rooted features. So, here are the questions i have. (Dont worry im not gonna bug u all for pointers to root)

Neo V MT 11 I
Android 2.3.4

Now the clarifications.
1. I want to root and unlock the BL. Should the order matter. Can i unlock even after root?
2. If i want to Unlock unofficially, just to make sure my warranty is on, is there any way I can do other than S1 tool. I also need this method to give me option of relocking just in case i prefer warranty.
5. What do u suggest me? Root in GB itself, know how it works and go to ICS? Or upgrade to ICS and if i dont like, come back to GB.

1.order does matter for 0.62 fw. You need to unlock boot loader first. Then use custom kernel with CWM to flash root Xperia zip. Or downgrade to 0.42 fw, in this fw you just can use essay root toolkit by doomlord. Read stickied threads
2. Other way is setool2,which is the same but for network locked phones with fastboot locked. But you can re lock after using official way.
3.no
4. Yrs.flashtool
5.I suggest go to ICS and if you don't like it move Barack to gingerbread.
6. Read general section. There are plenty of threads with feedback and bugs of official ICS

Sent from my MT11i using xda premium

Reactions: senthilrameshjv

soybi

Jan 1, 2012
OnePlus 3T
Google Pixel 2 XL

Neo V MT 11 I
Android 2.3.4

Now the clarifications.

I suggest just try ics then revert back to gb if you dont like it.
Search about rooting and bootloader unlocking here on general section.
Note: you dont need to have root to revert back from ics to gb. Just use flashtool.
Important: search, read, decide what to do... Done.

Just hit THANKS if i helped. :D

Sent from my MT11i using XDA

Dhwanik

May 15, 2011
Mumbai
A. Any order will do!!!
but since ur r on .62(assuming u dont update to ICS )
then its better to unlock bootloaders first
because then u need to flash any custom kernal and u can root it easily!!!

A. I have locked bootloaders and i dont have much knowledge about it :(

A. NO
u can update to ics without rooting

A. yes see this link

A. go to ICS

A. i love ICS
see my video and u will come to know
it has many new features

Reactions: unisol107

senthilrameshjv

Nov 10, 2011
Chennai
A. Any order will do!!!
but since ur r on .62(assuming u dont update to ICS )
then its better to unlock bootloaders first
because then u need to flash any custom kernal and u can root it easily!!!

A. I have locked bootloaders and i dont have much knowledge about it :(

A. NO
u can update to ics without rooting

A. yes see this link

A. go to ICS

A. i love ICS
see my video and u will come to know
it has many new features

Great, so im gonna move to ICS now. But, if i rooot with ICS will the root be still there when im coming back to GB (im sure im gonna come back )? Also in the official sony upgrade to ICS link, they mentioned about a backup and restore. WIll that be enough before moving to ICS.

Thanks all for the answers, I really appreciate the help you guys doing for a beginner like me.

---------- Post added at 01:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 AM ----------

Also, dont i need to backup the stock rom just in case if i hve to come back to GB???

Dhwanik

May 15, 2011
Mumbai
Guys now we have
Threads: 1,047

so when are we getting Q/A SECTION ????

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

Great, so im gonna move to ICS now. But, if i rooot with ICS will the root be still there when im coming back to GB (im sure im gonna come back )? Also in the official sony upgrade to ICS link, they mentioned about a backup and restore. WIll that be enough before moving to ICS.

Thanks all for the answers, I really appreciate the help you guys doing for a beginner like me.

---------- Post added at 01:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 AM ----------

Also, dont i need to backup the stock rom just in case if i hve to come back to GB???

if u move from ICS to GB
Root will be Gone :(

and regarding backup and restore
i formatted my SD card before upgrade.

and no need to backup stock ROM.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Peeps ask it 1st here to start a new thread !!
    or us this:
    34exhkn.png

Enjoy XDA !!!

Btw if you feel that i support you, use this please in your signature :D
    check attechment ;)
    Good fellas around here, i have some great news !!
    On 12-12-12 my mom gets a brain damage on her right side so she must go to a hospital and after that to a revalidation center, so it was a hard time for me to keep my head up, but i did that and keeps moving on also here, well yesterday i get a phone call from the doc that was helping her, and he told me, Son good news, you mom goes to home, she did it well and recovered good, only her speech must be better but you can understand her, but for that it need some time but its gonna be alright, i was shocked and happy and cried as a lil kid, finally my mom goes to home:)

Thanks for all you feedback, love and support brothers !!!

::..[ Pandemic Quote: Face Your Insanity !! Sent From My Neo V or Full Powered Xperia P With Dualcore !!
    This is nothing personal pandemic, but you do protest to much

I do remeber that your first ROM was just a release of Wolfbreaks GB ROM for the x10 that you made a few UOT kitchen changes to (and maybe a few buildprop changes as well) and you had to withdraw that rom...

Listen folks. Android is open source.....everything everyone does is open to use, all you have to do is say thanks, and there is a button for that.

if you agree, i have a donate button...LAUGH MY ****ING ARSE OFFF

EDIT

why is arse allowed and **** is not..they are both swear words?
    Wow never new I was so thought of that's cool n Yer rc will do me I'm nominating bulook as soon as I find out how lol he helped alot in final days of aokp ICS
    Thanks lads all u thanks again chris hehe

Sent from my Xperia Neo using XDA Premium HD app
    Well, that was quick, within 2 days after sending the request (just after the applications opened again).

Hi

Further to your request for the RC title, I am glad to inform you that the same has been approved. CONGRATULATIONS!

Please allow 24-48 hours for the title change to reflect on your profile. Once the title changes, I invite you to visit the RC Private Forum.

Active participation in the private forum is encouraged and looked at favorably.

Please note that you are now part of the XDA Recognized team and we expect nothing short of excellent attitude and behaviour from your side.

All the best!

PG101