cant root infuse

Search This thread

tennisbum

Apr 18, 2012
tried using super one click, enabled debugging, dismounted sd card and selected "root" in soc. after reaching step 7, software hangs and is "not responding".

Just upgraded from froyo (which was rooted) to gngerbread.

help!

tennisbum

Apr 18, 2012
rooting

i did search and read. that's how i arrived a the point that i did. if you can't help me, why bother to respond at all. just to lord your knowledge over me? how rude and pompous!

Whizzpopper

Apr 4, 2012
Iowa
You can't root 2.3.6 UCLB3 with SOC. In fact, it can't be rooted very easily. What I did, because I'm a noob and was afraid of going back to Froyo to get to a rooted UCLB3, was this:

I flashed back to stock UCKK1 (no data loss experienced doing this)
Rooted with unlockroot (which, strangely, no longer lists this build as rootable. Don't know why, but it worked on the second attempt for me.)
Installed CWM and did nandroid backup
Flashed the rooted UCLB3 from Dman

(I later flashed the entropy kernel 'cuz it's great! You'll see why when you boot up in the rooted UCLB3.)

That's what I did, but you ought to read through Qkster's posts on this. I used some of his Heimdalls for this - he knows what he's doing. Most people on here say that your mileage may vary - with my advice, I'd say your mileage may greatly vary!

Smokestack360

Apr 18, 2012
California
Great guide jscott30. Yours along with qkster's noob guide and qbking77's videos on youtube walked this noob here through flashing my way to total Infuse Emancipation. Pretty much hassle-free, no problems or bootloops of any kind...although I did update to 2.3.6 through Kies first...what can I say...noob here :D Odin easily took care of that though taking me back to stock Froyo.

From there it was easy following all the instructions and tips posted on these boards. My advice to all 1st timers is read and do your research. Don't blow up your phone on a whim simply to have one that looks "cool" or does something different.

If you do run into problems the search button here and on google are quite helpful.

Peace

dadofsix

May 25, 2011
Sugar Hill, GA.
I am also a noob an had my son talk me through the process on the phone. I also had a rooting issue after getting 2.3.6 through Kies. I used the Odin process to gain root and then loaded CWM to be able to flash the phone easily. I am on CM7 now but am having an issue with my Bluetooth not working no. Does anyone have an answer for this problem? All I get in the BT now is static.

Thanks for the help,
Gary

jerrycoffman45

Sep 19, 2011
ashland ky
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I am also a noob an had my son talk me through the process on the phone. I also had a rooting issue after getting 2.3.6 through Kies. I used the Odin process to gain root and then loaded CWM to be able to flash the phone easily. I am on CM7 now but am having an issue with my Bluetooth not working no. Does anyone have an answer for this problem? All I get in the BT now is static.

Thanks for the help,
Gary

Bluetooth audio does not work in cm7 or miui

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

J

jscott30

I am on CM7 now but am having an issue with my Bluetooth not working now. Does anyone have an answer for this problem? All I get in the BT now is static.

Bluetooth audio is known not to work in CM7 on the Infuse. Probably want to stick with an Infuse based rom if you need BT audio.

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

dadofsix

May 25, 2011
Sugar Hill, GA.
BT Issue response to response

My son has his working on CM7 and he says the BT works for his phone headset use at least. Mine is not. Is there a better ROM other than a stock build that I should use? Since I am not a developer and am close to being totally clueless in all of this, I guess you could say I am not even smart enough to be a good dangerous. Probably a bad dangerous however.

Thanks.

Last edited:

jerrycoffman45

Sep 19, 2011
ashland ky
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
My son has his working on CM7 and the BT works for his phone headset use at least. Mine is not. Is there a better ROM that I should use?

Thanks.

Does he have the same type of phone and no roms are better than others it's a matter of personal taste but if you want everything working a infuse based rom is your best choice

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

dadofsix

May 25, 2011
Sugar Hill, GA.
Jerry,

Yes, he also has an Infuse. I had mine upgraded to the 2.3.6 over Kies and then some of the apps, not sure which ones or how many), would not load and work without locking up the unit and causing it to go into an endless reboot loop so he helped me find the Odin unlock and reload files so that I could get ClockWork Mod to work, and then he got me to the CM7 files from Steve Morrissey's listing. Now everything works but the BT and i use that all the time when talking on the phone so it is kind of important.

Gary

qkster

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 5, 2011
USA
Jerry,

Yes, he also has an Infuse. I had mine upgraded to the 2.3.6 over Kies and then some of the apps, not sure which ones or how many), would not load and work without locking up the unit and causing it to go into an endless reboot loop so he helped me find the Odin unlock and reload files so that I could get ClockWork Mod to work, and then he got me to the CM7 files from Steve Morrissey's listing. Now everything works but the BT and i use that all the time when talking on the phone so it is kind of important.

Gary

audio BT is not functional on CM7. Source code issues.
If BT is a must, you'll have to try one of the native infuse roms.
idk if bt works on port...I've not tried the ports long enough to know.
Try Spartan, PharmNerd, Dev, Aeon, Midagu Eman etc...or just stock uclb3

dadofsix

May 25, 2011
Sugar Hill, GA.
Out of curiosity, does anyone know if there is a possible time when the BT will be able to be working in CM7? I really like the overall build and the way it works but I really do not want to have to use a wired headset too much.

Thanks again for putting up with those of us that have so little knowledge.

dadofsix

May 25, 2011
Sugar Hill, GA.
Jerry,

With CM7 the tethering works really well on USB and while slower, it does work as a wireless hotspot as well. I really like the CM7 so I hate to go elsewhere just because of the BT issue but.... Do you know of any specific other ROMSs that behave and look similar to CM7 that have the BT and tethering working?

Thanks,
Gary

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Jerry,

Gary

audio BT is not functional on CM7. Source code issues.
    If BT is a must, you'll have to try one of the native infuse roms.
    idk if bt works on port...I've not tried the ports long enough to know.
    Try Spartan, PharmNerd, Dev, Aeon, Midagu Eman etc...or just stock uclb3
    tried using super one click, enabled debugging, dismounted sd card and selected "root" in soc. after reaching step 7, software hangs and is "not responding".

Just upgraded from froyo (which was rooted) to gngerbread.

help!

If you searched and read, you'd have ur answer already.
    no i dont sorry i liked cm7 when i tried it but at the time i wasnt using bt and like i said in my pm i have never used tethering sorry i couldnt be more help you might want to try imancipation it has alot of themes and a ota app to download them with
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1579180